Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I've owned both P38 and L322 RRs. Putting them on springs is like snapping the star of your Mercedes so a scum bag won't nick it!

my l322 has the active damping shocks too , that and the air together make it like driving a very heavy cloud

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Love the P38 model of range rover but wallet would never survive the absolute battering it would get if I bought one and it suffered a major mechanical failure like that suspension.

So I've pretty much given up the idea of ever actually owning one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Love the P38 model of range rover but wallet would never survive the absolute battering it would get if I bought one and it suffered a major mechanical failure like that suspension.

So I've pretty much given up the idea of ever actually owning one :(

That's the one to buy, it's on springs. Convert it to Lpg and you might actually be able to use it...

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

crazyjim wrote: »
    Price drop to €2,650. I think sellers need a reality check on their Barge asking prices.

Price drop to €1,950

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/huge-spec-mercedes-benz-s350-s-class-new-nct/25505337

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Huge Spec ... specification to follow :rolleyes:

Top Dog wrote: »
    Huge Spec ... specification to follow :rolleyes:

and judging by the console buttons and not mentioning other bits I'm going to say its about 4/10 up the s class spec ladder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭trellheim

I'm going to say its about 4/10 up the s class spec ladder
    I've always wondered why go for an new S class if you're not going for all the bells and whistles , paddyspec aside if thats the motor you want then price isnt your first bullet point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

trellheim wrote: »
    I've always wondered why go for an new S class if you're not going for all the bells and whistles , paddyspec aside if thats the motor you want then price isnt your first bullet point

Maybe they considered that it had plenty bells and whistles as standard which to be fair at the time was surely an impressive machine.
    Its easy to say now when the whole car is worth pennies thst it would be nicer with more toys. If the bill is 30k for the same toys, most will do without.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Seems like a lot of flash for very little cash. Fuel economy
    probably makes it unsuitable for PSV use....hence limited market and great bargain for a discriminating private buyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Seems like a lot of flash for very little cash. Fuel economy
    probably makes it unsuitable for PSV use....hence limited market and great bargain for a discriminating private buyer.

Too old now, the oldest a car can be to be used as a first time taxi now is 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I Was VB wrote: »
    Too old now, the oldest a car can be to be used as a first time taxi now is 2011.

No age limit on limo licence I'm sure it would qualify, 6 monthly testing and suitability is a pain in the nuts though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

CoBo55 wrote: »
    That's the one to buy, it's on springs. Convert it to Lpg and you might actually be able to use it...

Ah I'm living beside the beach now, the rust would dissolve it before I got to enjoy it and that's even before the eventual mechanical failure that I cant afford to repair which kills it happens :D

Looks not too bad ......... new NCT a plus but you're paying for it of course.....

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-bmw-740i-sport-only-123000km-new-nct/21577036

05 BMW 740i Sport ONLY 123000KM New NCT
    €4,750

OTI4ZDRkZjc2OWM1ZmMxNGU3ZTkxMTFkMTFkYjU1OTTus9qPAFheKvKXekB59s-2aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTc4NDIyMjZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Lexus service history and taxed until July 2021 so that's approx €1300 worth of tax .........

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-rx350-3-5-v6-full-lexus-history-taxed-july-21/26385755

2007 RX350 3.5 V6 Full Lexus History Taxed July 21
    €3,995

If tax checks out the car is €2500 ish ..... NCT is due soon though

NDYxNThhNzZjMGVlMzQ0NzZjYzI3ZDk4ZDdiNDU5MzOafQevxrw_WkzlDOLbtgjoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjEwNzY3Nzd8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

seller with that car would be an idiot not to put it through NCT, even if he doesnt get any potential work done... its far easier to sell. Always a bit suspicious of people selling high tax car with a lot left on it, there are of course valid reasons they would do so...

Idbatterim wrote: »
    seller with that car would be an idiot not to put it through NCT,............

Indeed, was serviced on 25Sep20 by Lexus Blackrock......... service history isn't 100% full but it's been serviced at..... 27k kms, 46k kms, 55k kms, 88k kms, 95k kms, 127k kms, 144k kms, 160k kms, 176k kms (Jan 20), 192k kms......... can't imagine there being too much wrong with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Augeo wrote: »
    Looks not too bad ......... new NCT a plus but you're paying for it of course.....

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-bmw-740i-sport-only-123000km-new-nct/21577036

€4,750

That's dreamer money right there. Regardless of the mileage, its still soon to be 16 years old!

That's dreamer money right there. Regardless of the mileage, its still soon to be 16 years old!

It's a hefty enough asking price, dreamer territory would be €6k+ IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

A car thats right is probably worth it. Dont know how good or bad that one is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

It's worth what someone will pay for it.
    It presents well in the photos, so I'd say it'll sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

€4,750

OTI4ZDRkZjc2OWM1ZmMxNGU3ZTkxMTFkMTFkYjU1OTTus9qPAFheKvKXekB59s-2aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTc4NDIyMjZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I've had this ad on my watchlist for well over a year.

that 740 would achieve far less in a private sale! the usual with dealers, its asking the upper end of reasonable, from a dealer IMO...

Lads can i inject some humour into this thread ? Asking more than bangernomics money, but only worth bangernomics money...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-mercedes-s320-lorinser-cdi-r31/26168047?campaign=3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Skangermobile Thread..>>>>>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭traco

I suspect there is a reason that "Lorinser kit" is rare?? Whats even more rare is an S Class without heated front seats and the "Lubar" is an option I haven't seen before so I suppose it all balances out. Wouldn't be my cup of tea but each to their own.

.............but only worth bangernomics money...

€2K it's worth?

€2K it's worth?

sorry, I meant to say Luxobarge qualifying money!

I genuinely dont see how a car like that sells! It belongs in the dreamers thread... you could use the opportunity to put an amg bodykit on it, if it were priced to reflect what that car is, but its so overpriced, it just doenst make sense for anyone to buy it, short of it going for half the asking...

the below has higher mileage, but 750 tax v 1250. Also hold onto these cars for 2-3 years and you will be giving them away anyway...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-mercedes-benz-s-350/26179479

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

I Was VB wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26345279

A car wash and a new price.

It’s found it’s way to Carlow now

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26435930

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Lads can i inject some humour into this thread ? Asking more than bangernomics money, but only worth bangernomics money...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-mercedes-s320-lorinser-cdi-r31/26168047?campaign=3

Jesus that's brutal. What's a Virtual Test Drive ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Jesus that's brutal. What's a Virtual Test Drive ?

I assume he drives it and you watch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

bear1 wrote: »
    I assume he drives it and you watch :D

I watch movies like that.:) I prefer to do it myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Nexo

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/25964138
    It’s worn the mileage well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

Nexo wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/25964138
    It’s worn the mileage well

I'm put off by the ropey surroundings.

Is it too much to expect that a luxury vehicle could be shot in a less dodgy looking area?

I dont think its a bargain by any means...

I dont think its a bargain by any means...

yeah, the least desirable engine, high miles, few options on it. thats a 3k car all day long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

To be fair to that S Class, it looks quite tidy. Usually that particular interior colour does not age well on them but that looks very clean, especially the drivers seat.

Lacking in options though and a few too many owners. Individual rear seats are nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

Save yourselfs north of €2k and buy my 06 S Class. :P

Been offered to swap everything from a C Class, Vauxhall Omega (Which actually was a nice car) and a Seat Alahambra and plenty of you tell me best price now messages.

Still not 1 person to actually come view it.

• Advertisement

E36Ross wrote: »
    Save yourselfs north of €2k and buy my 06 S Class. :P

Been offered to swap everything from a C Class, Vauxhall Omega (Which actually was a nice car) and a Seat Alahambra and plenty of you tell me best price now messages.

Still not 1 person to actually come view it.

do you have a link?

yeah, the least desirable engine, high miles, few options on it. thats a 3k car all day long.

it actually seems like these cars have had their asking prices INCREASED! A mate was getting itch to change a few weeks ago, around a 2010 a4 / a6, they have come down drastically in price in the matter of a few weeks, the cheaper ones anyway. it seems most cars hold up to a certain point, then there is a big drop, when a few sellers actually have to move on their car and accept the actual value, particularly if they are desperate for money or already have their new replacement car. Delighted with how much he has saved!

I wouldnt be bothered spending that money on an older s class swb with the 3l diesel engine and non facelift. Better buy a 2010 like the below... the max tax those cars are worth in diesel , is E75o IMO...

the below example is lovely...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-mercedes-benz-s-350/26179479

Cartman is yours a LWB? how you finding it and one question, there is no aux point etc in my car, there is bluetooth, but I believe bluetooth on for the phone is that right, I cant stream music via the bluetooth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

I've a c220 2008 and the Bluetooth is for calls only, it does have an aux in the glovebox though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭traco

Mine has a buetooth in the command but its not for phone or music. For phone you should have a bluetooth puck in the center arm rest that plugs into the phone connection. Connecting to the command bluetooth does nothing.

I have a white 37 pin Ipod connector in the glovebox and that works with an old iPod. I did buy a bovee 1000 bluetooth thing. This didn't work and I think its that the white cable doesn't supply the voltage needed for the Bovee. I believe if you have the newer black 37 pin ipod cable it will work with the Bovee units.

If you select "Audio" what options do you get in the command. The extra inputs if they aren't there will need to be turned on via star in the command module

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Is it too much to expect that a luxury vehicle could be shot in a less dodgy looking area?

I often wonder do sellers not have a clue, don't know how to take decent pics or couldn't give a sh!t & hope some sucker buy's it without putting any effort into the sale.

T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

TigerTim wrote: »
    I often wonder do sellers not have a clue, don't know how to take decent pics or couldn't give a sh!t & hope some sucker buy's it without putting any effort into the sale.

T.
    It was NCT'd on 29-08-2020 and transferred to the new owner on 01/09/2020 so I'm guessing they're now trying to flip it? Or they've just found the reason why it was sold and trying to get rid of it before the reason costs them money?

Pity there's no site that lists when a car was last on Donedeal, and for how much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Artane isn't that bad sure.

It's an industrial estate or at worse a yard with commercial units......whats dodgy about the location? The car is the same regardless of where the for sale pics are taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

It's an industrial estate or at worse a yard with commercial units......whats dodgy about the location? The car is the same regardless of where the for sale pics are taken.

It's not dodgy, it just looks a lot better when the car is presented a bit better. You could take pics in O'Devaneys flats or drive 5 mins and take them in the Phoenix Park. One stands out and gives confidence, the others don't. Take 10 minutes extra to ensure the photos are decent and from proper angles and you make the car more attractive, as well as widening your potential audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The funniest pictures are the ones taken outside the gates of well kept country houses, they reek of bluff.

I often wonder how many fellas have been caught taking pictures in the driveways of the stone houses they have chosen to use as a backdrop. It's one thing to take a 4WD into a field or next to a river but putting an overpriced 15 year old banger in front of a strangers house takes a lot of neck.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

Putting this up more for posterity and as a range finder. As they're rare/money pits. I consider them a barge.

R Class 2009, 140k miles, NCT to 2 Jan 21, Road tax - correction €2,350 pa. (But who'd be brave enough to pay an R Class motor tax annually !) Bodywork a little damaged ? €4,999

ODQ4N2Y0OTdhODY3NmUyNGNjYTYzYzc0MTIzZGU1NmXIIqbu40wDpRHCtV0isXpDaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTU3MzU1MjB8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-r-class-3-0-v6-cdi-4x4-nct-01-2021/25859820

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement