Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

bear1 wrote: »
    It's the rare one, fairly good mpg and just look at it :D

it has triple turbo that's why engine is so small yet it does the job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

View2-21568638.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-xj-series-3-0-litre-petrol/5358340
    Lovely luxobarge, the engine could've been a V8 though.
    2003 Jaguar XJ6 3.0, 126k Miles, NCT 05/14, €4,450

18582802.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-ls430-2-owner/4777994
    Supposedly NCTd and Taxed for a year!
    2004 Lexus LS430 (Facelift), 105k Miles, €5,500

26389737.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2003-audi-a8-3-7-quatro-320bhp-swap/6280832
    New shape A8 for not a lot of money. Even has NCT.
    2003 Audi A8 3.7 Quattro, 110k miles is my guess (seller keeps saying 11k), NCT 08/14, €3,850

Have you guys noticed how the number of luxobarges for sale shrinked? There's barely any E65s, A8s, LS430s or even X350 XJs for sale at a decent price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Ive noticed that as well.
    also in the bangernomics thread . But that economics for ye. prices are stabilizing and staying the same and will eventually go up in price.

So the car you buy for 2000 could be valued at 2500 a year later. It happens because there is more trade in 2nd hand cars, as people cant afford newish cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

Have you guys noticed how the number of luxobarges for sale shrinked? There's barely any E65s, A8s, LS430s or even X350 XJs for sale at a decent price.[/QUOTE]

There's transporter loads of them gone to the uk every week, not to mention Moldova, Georgia, Russia, Nigeria, Poland , Latvia , for export.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

My 735 was sold to Lithuania, people can't afford them here and they want them over there. Even if the wheel is on the wrong side. Was a shame to see it go. It was a beautiful car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Massive shortage of cars in around the 5k - 8k price imo, they are being sold very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Love those A8s, especially with the small wheels, for some reason.

One day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sobanek wrote: »
    Have you guys noticed how the number of luxobarges for sale shrinked? There's barely any E65s, A8s, LS430s or even X350 XJs for sale at a decent price.

My guess is they are being exported, very rare to see any below €5k, this time last year there was a couple of LS430's that were going for €2k and less with NCT and they were struggling to sell them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Love those A8s, especially with the small wheels, for some reason.

One day.

O.o

They're hideous! Look like they're taken off a dirty Renault from the early 80's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

O.o

They're hideous! Look like they're taken off a dirty Renault from the early 80's.

Well I'm a bit weird.

Small, basic-looking wheels look well on big cars imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Well I'm a bit weird.

Small, basic-looking wheels look well on big cars imo.

The size wouldn't worry me too much as long as they're 17's Or up but those particular wheels are shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    A manual S type 3.0 is only 0.3 of a second slower to 60mph than a 4.0 auto.

Only on paper...

The manual only gets there in the hands of a professional Jaguar driver, wrecking the clutch in the process. The manual gets there driven by anyones granny. All day every day just as long as she just puts her foot down :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Quite soon it will become law in Poland that right hand drive cars can be registered so I'd be expecting even more cars to be exported out of Ireland.
    Especially if there is a refund to be had.

Quite soon it will become law in Poland that right hand drive cars can be registered so I'd be expecting even more cars to be exported out of Ireland.
    Especially if there is a refund to be had.

This would finally mean LHD cars would drop in price. An E60 520i is almost €8k!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bigus wrote: »
    There's transporter loads of them gone to the uk every week, not to mention Moldova, Georgia, Russia, Nigeria, Poland , Latvia , for export.

I'm not surprised. Bought my low mileage E60 2.2l 520i when it was 9 years old for €4k. Best mate is thinking of getting one in the Netherlands. Looking at €9k. In Germany they seem to be priced at more again at about €11-12k

For bigger engined and bigger cars (the likes of the cars you mention), the difference is greater again. Our loss, their win tbh to see all these marvellous cars going and to see all those little boxes of sh1te (Kia, Hyundai and the like) coming in :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

unkel wrote: »
    Only on paper...

The manual only gets there in the hands of a professional Jaguar driver, wrecking the clutch in the process. The auto gets there driven by anyones granny. All day every day just as long as she just puts her foot down :D
    FYP :)

Not your ornery onager

This would finally mean LHD cars would drop in price. An E60 520i is almost €8k!

Yeah the prices are ridiculous.
    The S40 I have in Poland would cost in the region of 3k (where it is registered already and not still on German export plates) whereas I paid bangernomics money for it in Ireland - +-700e :D
    I imagine it will take some time for the prices to start coming down though and it could be a while before the average Irish buyer realises that they could charge more for exporting.
    I also hope that Ireland will adopt a German style export system which would make it absolutely fantastic.

Yeah the prices are ridiculous.
    The S40 I have in Poland would cost in the region of 3k (where it is registered already and not still on German export plates) whereas I paid bangernomics money for it in Ireland - +-700e :D
    I imagine it will take some time for the prices to start coming down though and it could be a while before the average Irish buyer realises that they could charge more for exporting.
    I also hope that Ireland will adopt a German style export system which would make it absolutely fantastic.

My friend's 1999 Passat TDI was 9,500 PLN (€2,200) - he paid that much in July :eek:
    (At least truly accident-free, decent spec and REAL mileage)

My friend's 1999 Passat TDI was 9,500 PLN (€2,200) - he paid that much in July :eek:
    (At least truly accident-free, decent spec and REAL mileage)

I actually went around looking today (nothing to do) at cars around Warsaw.
    There was a 2005 Honda Accord cdti for 46,000PLN, didn't even have heated seats and one tyre was bald. That's near enough 11,000EUR!
    There was a 2006 Lexus IS220d as well that was 50,000PLN, shocking.

I actually went around looking today (nothing to do) at cars around Warsaw.
    There was a 2005 Honda Accord cdti for 46,000PLN, didn't even have heated seats and one tyre was bald. That's near enough 11,000EUR!
    There was a 2006 Lexus IS220d as well that was 50,000PLN, shocking.

Ouch. But then, show me a 2008 Focus 1.8 TDCI for €4,250 here :D Newer cars are somehow cheaper (2011 520d was 91k PLN last time I checked anyway).

By the way - there might be a 2004 745i for sale soon - saw my neighbour taking pictures of his one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Eireann81

Eireann81 wrote: »

Probably the ugliest Mercedes around.
    Still it's a bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Still it's a bargain!

3pm to 6am! night owl selling obviously!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

You are so wrong. It's a bit boxy, granted, but it puts some of the last gen stuff to shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Eireann81 wrote: »

I want that! I which i could talk in misses to sell one car, then change remaining one in to luxo barge. :(

rovoagho wrote: »
    You are so wrong. It's a bit boxy, granted, but it puts some of the last gen stuff to shame.

Tis only but an opinion ;)

Still it's a bargain!

I'd say it would look fantastic with the normal Sclass front, can't understand where they got the idea of those lights from, or from whom they were ok'd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I dont know. Its just not a good design full stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

rovoagho wrote: »

Hmm, I wasnt a fan of the last gen Merc but that early 90s gen is horrendous. The old W126 era beforehand looked vastly nicer and in some ways more modern. The W140 looks like a robot designed it, not an element of organic flow to it.

100% agree, my all time fav merc is the W126, absolutely stunning, esp the 560 SEL in coming to America.

i003502.jpg

• Advertisement

JJJJNR wrote: »

Nice set of newer AMG wheels, SEC grille, paint it black and it would be a great luxo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭ofcork

I'd say it would look fantastic with the normal Sclass front, can't understand where they got the idea of those lights from, or from whom they were ok'd.

Im the opposite I don't think the w140 grille or lights would suit it at all,they really were poorly designed compared to what came before and after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Ads gone Mal.

Jesus that was quick it was a 97 S8 for 1250!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

Nice set of newer AMG wheels, SEC grille, paint it black and it would be a great luxo :D

Needs vintage tax otherwise its useless. Roll on a few years and all these nice Mercs and SECs are going to be in this band:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Truckermal wrote: »
    Jesus that was quick it was a 97 S8 for 1250!!

It went up last night at 11pm. I tried to call him a few times today but couldn't get him, when I did he had someone with him.
    From what I hear it was clean someone got a cheap car imo.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    100% agree, my all time fav merc is the W126, absolutely stunning, esp the 560 SEL in coming to America.

i003502.jpg

"Your royal shlong is clean..."

That's rich!

And yes, I am quoting the photo, as it deserves it.

• Advertisement

It went up last night at 11pm. I tried to call him a few times today but couldn't get him, when I did he had someone with him.
    From what I hear it was clean someone got a cheap car imo.

Bummer!!!

I actually seen the link on Autostadt too..

Truckermal wrote: »
    Bummer!!!

I actually seen the link on Autostadt too..

The guy I bought my car off told me about the S8 a few weeks ago, he said the owner needed to sell it and at the time it was 2500.
    So when I saw it last night at 1500 I thought it was well worth them chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Just spotted this cracker. :)

http://www.adverts.ie/4751594

Donedeal is pure muck for listing cars, 1000 words and 10 tiny pictures is pretty poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Donedeal is pure muck for listing cars, 1000 words and 10 tiny pictures is pretty poor.

That car is simply ridiculous!

If you get your asking price for that

I'll eat me Mickey ,

as we used to say years ago.
    Good luck with it , perhaps leave out the impossible to run two cars bit , it's negative reinforcement.

Cheers, took it out. E38s are thin on the ground, especially Sports, even more so with relatively low miles and even more so again in perfect running order.

We'll see what happens.

• Advertisement

Cheers, took it out. E38s are thin on the ground, especially Sports, even more so with relatively low miles and even more so again in perfect running order.

We'll see what happens.

It's a beautiful car Voodoo. I love looking at the photos of it.

We'll see what happens.

Well you can always come down and never go up in price,best of Luck, some of our Eastern European friends might go mad for it, to use here for a while and then send it back home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Lovely car. It just looks proper.
    What's the story with the duplicate service book?

mickdw wrote: »
    Lovely car. It just looks proper.
    What's the story with the duplicate service book?

Aye, always annoyed me too, it's what came with the car. Coincides with original BMW UK invoices so doesn't bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ninap

Nice to see a car so well minded. Good luck with the sale

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement