Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Get ready for the retarded questions that will be posted on your ad now:

"Would ya swap for me Fora Kaaaa? and 10e cash your way?"

• Moderators Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

You should charge people to view that! I do love a nice detailed car. Too bad the roads these days will make **** of your hard work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Hope you have it up on UK sites dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Hope you have it up on UK sites dude.

Yeah, I think it will be a difficult sale, especially at 4.5k. I saw the listing and was expecting in the region of 2-3k max.
    Beautiful 7'er though, nicest one I've seen for sale here by some margin. GLWS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Lovely car, similar UK cars can be found at £4000 plus VRT, so priced fairly for someone who wants one of the best. I don't think the photos are doing it justice at all though, especially the interior, nasty blue hue off them.

Photographed outdoors in this style would be way better, also an Orient blue model.
    http://www.gmscars.co.uk/bmw_750_il_alpina_orientdetails.html

Hope the right buyer comes along Voodoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Lovely car, similar UK cars can be found at £4000 plus VRT, so priced fairly for someone who wants one of the best. I don't think the photos are doing it justice at all though, especially the interior, nasty blue hue off them.

Photographed outdoors in this style would be way better, also an Orient blue model.
    http://www.gmscars.co.uk/bmw_750_il_alpina_orientdetails.html

Hope the right buyer comes along Voodoo.

Still learning this photography lark. To be honest the weather wasn't much on my side and didn't fancy driving it a distance just to get outdoor pics. Swap texts are already pouring in. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Think if you set the film speed on your camera to ISO 100, you may get better results with the photo's.

100 is pretty much for the best lit situations, I couldn't go less than 400-800. Anyways, more Luxobarges!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

100 is pretty much for the best lit situations, I couldn't go less than 400-800. Anyways, more Luxobarges!

theyre getting scarce now.

I just looked at the start post for this thread, it's only 6 months old. There really has been a noticeable drop in larger cars for sale on the various sites. I reckon a lot aren't even getting online to start with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/car/6374479

Worth the risk? S600 after all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Sobanek wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/car/6374479

Worth the risk? S600 after all...

off road declaration chesnut I see.:D How much are rear windows to replace?

Why didnt the person stick a picture of the damage so people could get an idea..
    Storm damage, so obviously something fell on it.

bear1 wrote: »
    Why didnt the person stick a picture of the damage so people could get an idea..
    Storm damage, so obviously something fell on it.

Maybe the damage is more extensive than the selller claims...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Just spotted this cracker. :)

http://www.adverts.ie/4751594

Donedeal is pure muck for listing cars, 1000 words and 10 tiny pictures is pretty poor.

Mother of God! That's the best E38 i've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

In relation to the 7 series. If one was to buy a nice example of something like that, is there any kind of agreed value insurance here in ireland. It's without doubt worth more than you're average example but without agreed value insurance, I'm sure they would be offering a grand or so if a claim was to arise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Lads, can we move on from Voodoo's pricing structure! Thanks

Lads, can we move on from Voodoo's pricing structure! Thanks

my thread, my rules, quiet you :D

Anyway, more luxo:

25613190.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-s500/6168223

Looks Niceee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Still learning this photography lark. To be honest the weather wasn't much on my side and didn't fancy driving it a distance just to get outdoor pics. Swap texts are already pouring in. :/

Take the camera off tungsten in future, for now you can correct colour in photoshop very easily.
    Here's an example, a poster on here (sorry, can't remember who!) posted this and I couldn't help but fix it up a bit. Hope they don't mind me posting it.
    334kraw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

corktina wrote: »
    off road declaration chesnut I see.:D How much are rear windows to replace?

No sure but I think the side windows are all double glazed on that model so back may be similar spec. In this weather unless it is dry stored the car would be letting the damp in and probably be close to ruined internally.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

Maybe the damage is more extensive than the selller claims...
    As long as I remember I saw this car already on sale back few month ago. I think is off road for some time now and probably buyer will need to fork out a bit of coin to bring old glory to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭daz16

1994 w124 coupe
    e220
    looks tidy
    nct 7/14
    tax 2/14
    right colour.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-e-220/6387682

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Can anyone see anything wrong with this?

S500 with NCT until June for €1950.

26568843.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-s-class-s-500-5-0-auto-1/6362601

Apparently only 1 owner, I quite like the colour and the wheels too.

The bumper looks like it may have seen better days but it might be the picture quality.
    Really wants people to know how much it was new :D
    Very easy to find out if it is a 1 owner, no harm in taking a gander at it i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Didn't notice that panel gap on the front alright...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JohnxF

No sure but I think the side windows are all double glazed on that model so back may be similar spec. In this weather unless it is dry stored the car would be letting the damp in and probably be close to ruined internally.

I think it's only the side windows that are double glazed. Both front and rear windows are laminated though.
    You'd have to assume the lack of interior pictures is hiding bad news though.

I would say both the bonnet and the bumper are slightly out in that photo. Still, not something that can't be sorted. Sweet colour, sweet bus for f all money.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JohnxF

BillJ wrote: »
    Another nice e38, apologies if posted already
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-7-series-740i-l-v8-4-4-auto-/6100455
    25272657.jpeg

Nice. But what's a 'panoramic windscreen'? Looks to be a regular one to me. Unless he meant sunroof? Hard to tell in the photos if it has one.

That V12 BMW ad is 57 days old.
    I would also guess that a "panaromic windscreen" is just another way of saying you can see out of it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

JohnxF wrote: »
    ...what's a 'panoramic windscreen'? Looks to be a regular one to me. Unless he meant sunroof? Hard to tell in the photos if it has one.

In the '50s and '60s a lot of big American cars had them. They called them wraparound windshields, and were usually like this:

220px-Panoramic-windshield.JPG

They shunt the A-pillar back, which you can get away with on an old Yank Tank the side of a boat, but hereabouts they'd interfere with the doors. These days a panoramic windscreen usually extends back up into the roof to some extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Trollhättan

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I defy anyone to beat this luxobarge (I know it's over budget but it has 12 months NCT)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/irish-aston-martin-lagonda-4-auction/6308869

Spotted over on classics forum that the lagonda made its way to the uk and sold at auction for £36,040!!

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/news/classic-car-auctions/800023298/latest-market-commentary-from-ccfs-auction-analyst-richard-hudson-evans/?utm_campaign=CCFS-Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=01112013-Newsletter&utm_content=Auction-commentary

Ad is now gone from DD...anyone remember the asking price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

There wasn't one,iirc, it was to be auctioned with a guide price of £19k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Immediate disqualifiation due to the chrome arches! :pac:

Chrome arches on a Merc = owner didn't feel like repairing the rust.

Bigus wrote: »
    If you get your asking price for that
    I'll eat me Mickey ,
    as we used to say years ago.

Would you like salt and pepper on your mickey? :)

I bid farewell to the E38 today; we both agreed the E38 is a better looking car. A hangover is only making this sellers remorse worse.

finale38e66_zps5df88e1a.jpg

Anyways, onwards and upwards, V8 power and all that. :):(

Nooo...

Did it make close to asking?

More importantly did it stay here?

Got the full whack, no questions. Very nice chap, expect to see it in the Dublin area. :)

Man the E66 looks ugly from that angle. :D

Happy days, knew it wouldn't hang around...

JohnxF wrote: »
    Another nice e38, apologies if posted already
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-7-series-740i-l-v8-4-4-auto-/6100455
    25272657.jpeg

Nice. But what's a 'panoramic windscreen'? Looks to be a regular one to me. Unless he meant sunroof? Hard to tell in the photos if it has one.

that car has been for sale for well over a year, with some price drops.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Would you like salt and pepper on your mickey? :)

I bid farewell to the E38 today; we both agreed the E38 is a better looking car. A hangover is only making this sellers remorse worse.

finale38e66_zps5df88e1a.jpg

Anyways, onwards and upwards, V8 power and all that. :):(

They are both things of beauty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭daz16

daz16 wrote: »

Looks like people finally realised that instead of scrapping their S-Class and replacing it with a 141 Fluence dCi, they can provide joy to someone else.

//edit: HOW DOES INSURANCE WORK IN THIS COUNTRY? 320Ci is a big no-no, but this S320 is fine?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Looks like people finally realised that instead of scrapping their S-Class and replacing it with a 141 Fluence dCi, they can provide joy to someone else.

//edit: HOW DOES INSURANCE WORK IN THIS COUNTRY? 320Ci is a big no-no, but this S320 is fine?!
    Tell me about it, my Mazda is fierce expensive and I any get a quote on an E39 525i but an S14A Turbo and a Legacy GTB Twin Turbo are grand for the insurance. :p

For me it was 735i - fine , 323i - nooooo way

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ArnieSilvia

It's due to power/weight ratio, not just size of engine. Plus you might be in most risky age group for given car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

For me it was 735i - fine , 323i - nooooo way

I think it has to do with crash statistics, which would tie in with those quotes.

3 series coupes have probably been crashed more so than 7 series or s class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

I think it has to do with crash statistics, which would tie in with those quotes.

3 series coupes have probably been crashed more so than 7 series or s class.
    There are accident statistics/theft statistics, there are insurance groupings (1-20 or 1-50 depending on company), and there are then other factors (age/location/job etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

We'll done voodoo you priced and pitched it well.

As regards me Mickey , lucky we live in a virtual world !

I have watched a W220 S-Class for a while... Only an S280, but if it's still there after I'm back from Poland, I'm going to make a very cheeky offer...
    Still, it's been up for sale since November. Looks like there's nothing wrong with it except for a genuine lack of interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement