Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Another personal favourite "rear headrests" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Senior Bill

I have put them up, let me know what you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

bear1 wrote: »
    Another personal favourite "rear headrests" :D
    I saw front headrests and power assisted steering:eek: on a non-luxobarge ad recently.
    I have put them up, let me know what you think.
    That's some colour on the LS. Good to see it something that isn't a shade of grey.

I saw front headrests and power assisted steering:eek: on a non-luxobarge ad recently.

That's some colour on the LS. Good to see it something that isn't a shade of grey.

Its a wrap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Its a wrap

Knew it was too good to be original... Take more pics...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Sold.

Not surprised if it was next month I would be posting pics of it outside my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

• Advertisement

How much bloody money do you actually have?! And can I have some?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Guess who bought this?:D

48338593_zps9f48172b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I doubt he's BSing he's posted pics of all the other stuff he's got.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I doubt he's BSing he's posted pics of all the other stuff he's got.

Yeah but I could've done that. Anyone can grab pics from Google and claim they're his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Yeah but I could've done that. Anyone can grab pics from Google and claim they're his.

Anyone remember BMW535D and his extensive car collection? ?:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Truckermal wrote: »
    Anyone remember BMW535D and his extensive car collection? ?:cool:

These are hardly expensive cars though. If one was so inclined, it's well within most people's grasp to afford to buy a few old tanks.
    Taxing them all at the same time would be another issue.

• Advertisement

Guess who bought this?:D

On the Lexus forums they say this is the one to have. On first drive I agree,
    but wait, I am after all a car slut, by that I mean I fall in love easily.

some posters are thinking I am rich. rich is relative, take a look at my user name, that should give you a clue. when I was younger, I drove cars with wiper motors that cost more than what the car was worth. and even with what I have spent, on all my cars, I still have paid less than someone who bought a new Kia Sportage. Well maybe a little more but not much.

On the Lexus forums they say this is the one to have. On first drive I agree,
    but wait, I am after all a car slut, by that I mean I fall in love easily.

some posters are thinking I am rich. rich is relative, take a look at my user name, that should give you a clue. when I was younger, I drove cars with wiper motors that cost more than what the car was worth. and even with what I have spent, on all my cars, I still have paid less than someone who bought a new Kia Sportage. Well maybe a little more but not much.

I was more referring to the tax seeing as they're all 1400+ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

I was more referring to the tax seeing as they're all 1400+ :D

That's what I was going to ask. Surely they're not all taxed?

Soarer wrote: »
    That's what I was going to ask. Surely they're not all taxed?

With the exception of the Blue Jaguar, which is declared of the road, they are all taxed, mind you Green Jaguar is still english tax,as not yet on irish plates, booked for 20/4/2014,Anyone want to guess what reg issued?
    the Ls 400 (Thanks Ded Zebra) I got today is taxed until November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Jag is gonna be 120k odd?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

With the exception of the Blue Jaguar, which is declared of the road, they are all taxed, mind you Green Jaguar is still english tax,as not yet on irish plates, booked for 20/4/2014,Anyone want to guess what reg issued?
    the Ls 400 (Thanks Ded Zebra) I got today is taxed until November.

How many of these Luxo barges have you got senior bill ?

Kinda unfair insinuating someone is a troll solely because they are able to buy cars some of us aren't able to.
    I say fair play to you for sticking to cars which are of bargain money and nice big engines instead of those that spend 20k on a 1.6 diesel and sing praises that they save 300e a year on tax :rolleyes:

I say fair play to you for sticking to cars which are of bargain money and nice big engines instead of those that spend 20k on a 1.6 diesel and sing praises that they save 300e a year on tax :rolleyes:

On top of the tax savings, Don't forget the massive savings these 1.6 type diesels give you on fuel costs - some people get 189 MPG ; )

Kinda unfair insinuating someone is a troll solely because they are able to buy cars some of us aren't able to.

I'm happy seeing someone like that too, it's just that usually claims such as these on Boards are unfounded.

How many of these Luxo barges have you got senior bill ?

I had the Phaeton to start and then wanted to show my son that I could have 5 of the best for less than he has spent on a poverty spec mercedes.
    I kinda got caught up in the excitement and now have the Phaeton, 2 Jaguars
    and 2 Lexus Ls. I need to sell 1 Jaguar and 1 Lexus. this will free me up to get the 7 series and the S Class I want.

Fair ****s to you Bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I had the Phaeton to start and then wanted to show my son that I could have 5 of the best for less than he has spent on a poverty spec mercedes.
    and 2 Lexus Ls. I need to sell 1 Jaguar and 1 Lexus. this will free me up to get the 7 series and the S Class I want.

I'd like to see a photo of all that metal together on the one driveway......

Jaysus Christ senior bill, that's some selection.

You must have a lot of car parking space.

So how do you actually use these, do you take a different one out every day or just drive one for a while and then move to the other or wha ?

Also, why do you have 2 of the same cars ?

Sorry for the questions, just curious.

Hefty tax bill on them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hey Zeus Quintana

gman2k wrote: »
    I'd like to see a photo of all that metal together on the one driveway......

With obligatory custard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Its a nice plan now that he says he is going for
    xj, lexus, pheaton, s class and 7 series.
    Thats surely the full quota!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Awesome.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Why did you rule out the a8? Is it because of the phaeton?
    Would you consider including anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

All in favour of renaming the thread 'Senior Bill's Luxobarge of the week/day' say aye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

With obligatory custard.

It's not proof, until its CUSTARD PROOF.

It's my original truth telling mechanism but I can't remember who I actually made do it........all I remember is they gave me a sock instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

mickdw wrote: »
    Its a nice plan now that he says he is going for
    xj, lexus, pheaton, s class and 7 series.
    Thats surely the full quota!

Arnage, phantom, legend and your done

With obligatory custard.

Sorry I do not understand this.

Arnage, phantom, legend and your done

Legend maybe, not Arnage or Phantom

ba_barabus wrote: »
    It's not proof, until its CUSTARD PROOF.

It's my original truth telling mechanism but I can't remember who I actually made do it........all I remember is they gave me a sock instead

Perhaps it's an age thing, custard, socks:confused:

Frynge wrote: »
    Why did you rule out the a8? Is it because of the phaeton?
    Would you consider including anything else.

Yes I think the phaeton or a8 are alike and I had the phaeton. As mentioned I want 7 series and S class

• Advertisement

Jaysus Christ senior bill, that's some selection.

You must have a lot of car parking space.

So how do you actually use these, do you take a different one out every day or just drive one for a while and then move to the other or wha ?

Also, why do you have 2 of the same cars ?

Sorry for the questions, just curious.

Hefty tax bill on them all.
    Yes tax is high, as to parking space is only a premium in the city. LucklyI have a son who lives in the country with lots of room and two large barns
    Drive them as I fell at the moment, plan is to have the 5 at the same time then alternate. Have 2 Jaguar because when I got first I was so impressed I wanted the top of the range and the Lexus forums 400 is the one preferred and this came up I am glad I bought it it's probably a better car than the later one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Sorry I do not understand this.

Back a few years ago, (2 or so), there was a guy on pistonheads website in a similar situation to yourself with multiple cars. The readers of the website called his bluff and demanded that he picture his cars with a tub of custard in each picture, with each car. Not just sitting on the bonnet either, interior pics, with a named custard widely available in the local shops, (creamed rice or something).
    Anyway the pictures were simply sensational! He had high end cars, including rolls Royce and Aston Martins et Al with pictures of a tub of creamed rice on the steering wheel of an Aston and on the bonnet of a Bentley with the car cover only revealing part of the car. The way he did it was excellent and proved beyond doubt that he did indeed own the mouthwatering selection of car flagships that he said he did.
    So, we want some shots of your car's with a tub of custard (or whatever) in them, and interior shots too to prove that they are yours.
    You will be my hero then.

Edit: correct me if I got the cars wrong, I can't remember exactly.....

Perhaps it's an age thing, custard, socks:confused:

No you're not going demented. Take a picture with a carton of custard on the car. Its solid proof the person isn't lieing as you won't find a picture like that on google.

Where I can see some of the posters points aka Ba Barabus, Cadaliac that we don't want to be lead on for pages and pages, but I just can't see why someone needs to prove that they own said cars.
    If the person is lying it's seriously just sad and pathetic and I can't see the point of trolling either.
    The person is obviously financially well off but asking them to take multiple pictures of cars with custard inside and out is just silly.

Where I can see some of the posters points aka Ba Barabus, Cadaliac that we don't want to be lead on for pages and pages, but I just can't see why someone needs to prove that they own said cars.
    If the person is lying it's seriously just sad and pathetic and I can't see the point of trolling either.
    The person is obviously financially well off but asking them to take multiple pictures of cars with custard inside and out is just silly.
    The custard is really just a joke that came from a joke on here one night. I've no issue at all, if he says he owns them then good for him. They aren't the biggest financial commitment tbh

cadaliac wrote: »
    Back a few years ago, (2 or so), there was a guy on pistonheads website in a similar situation to yourself with multiple cars. The readers of the website called his bluff and demanded that he picture his cars with a tub of custard in each picture, with each car. Not just sitting on the bonnet either, interior pics, with a named custard widely available in the local shops, (creamed rice or something).
    Anyway the pictures were simply sensational! He had high end cars, including rolls Royce and Aston Martins et Al with pictures of a tub of creamed rice on the steering wheel of an Aston and on the bonnet of a Bentley with the car cover only revealing part of the car. The way he did it was excellent and proved beyond doubt that he did indeed own the mouthwatering selection of car flagships that he said he did.
    So, we want some shots of your car's with a tub of custard (or whatever) in them, and interior shots too to prove that they are yours.
    You will be my hero then.

Edit: correct me if I got the cars wrong, I can't remember exactly.....

I forgot that's where it came from. I thought it was unusual for me to have a good original idea lol

• Advertisement

No guys I will not be posting photos with custard or socks

I do invite Sobanek,he posted the first Jaguar, Ded Zebra who posted the Lexus 400 and LimerickMan who posted link to the pictures thread.
    All or any of the above can have my phone number and arrange to see,
    and (if I think normal people)drive the cars.

And that's where I'm leaving it.

Any nice luxobarges spotted today for is to drool over?

ba_barabus wrote: »
    The custard is really just a joke that came from a joke on here one night. I've no issue at all, if he says he owns them then good for him. They aren't the biggest financial commitment tbh

Ah ok my mistake then, apologies :)
    I thought it was a serious request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭pcardin

I'm thinking about for a week now to go and see that S430 and there's one S500 too for a similar price on Donedeal. Haven't rang seller yet, just can't make me head around wheter W220 is a decent car or money drainer. Heard they have lots of sensors that cause lots of problems and that air suspension...I had W140 before and it was very good.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement