Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

mullingar wrote: »
    My LS430 has cooling seat function and it freezes the ar$e of you with ice cold air through the seat perforations. Completely useless in this country.

Long journey - I do Cork to Donegal a few times a year and find my back sweats in the seats after 3 - 4 hours. They are leather but not perforated, or cooled.
    I would assume that the cooling function would stop this - I for one, would love to test it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

It would do. All mine do is pull the air from the cabin and blows it against your arse and back. So if the car is cool, the blown air feels really cool. But if you just step into the car and it's hot or if you have the windows down, they just blow warmish air at you. But that alone should stop sweating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

cadaliac wrote: »
    Long journey - I do Cork to Donegal a few times a year and find my back sweats in the seats after 3 - 4 hours. They are leather but not perforated, or cooled.
    I would assume that the cooling function would stop this - I for one, would love to test it.

My GS has cooled seats too it's a great job keeping the privates cool.....:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

yes it is , heat, vent and massage. Pity they aren't the comfort seats with the upper adjustment and the swish headrests that voodoo has.

I didn't think cooled and massaging seats were available on standard seats - only comfort seats. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd be wary in case the seats had been replaced - and if so, why?

(was this car advertised/sold recently? I gave the same advice on an E65 a few months ago).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I didn't think cooled and massaging seats were available on standard seats - only comfort seats. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd be wary in case the seats had been replaced - and if so, why?

(was this car advertised/sold recently? I gave the same advice on an E65 a few months ago).

Also quite true, it would seem odd to order all those features and not have the comfort seats , would definitely require testing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Here's one that seems to have the same button layout with standard seats
    http://www.exchangeandmart.co.uk/used-cars-for-sale/bmw/7-series/bmw-7-series-4.4-745i-4dr-17493474

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

God the E65 interior has dated terribly. It was never an oil painting, but it looks truly horrendous now.

God the E65 interior has dated terribly. It was never an oil painting, but it looks truly horrendous now.

Really I think it's beautiful looking but I love lots of cream leather, timber and switches..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I'm sticking this in as I can't believe anyone has posted it yet.

Yes it's over budget, but lots of bangernomics posted here come with no tax, this comes with 9 months, making the car effectively €1600 - ridiculous VFM
    47155910.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-430-nctd-amp-taxd-for-1-year-full-service-hist/10513939

I'm struggling not to buy it. Definitely genuine tax too...

One thing I will say, it doesn't tend to look well in pictures for some reason. In person it looks fantastic and very modern. I actually think it was well ahead of it's time and is nicer than the F01s. Look at an E series BMW by comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

commited wrote: »
    Yes it's over budget

You're mixing up the threads. Over in bangernomics the limit is €2k. In here we are rich. We have up to €5k to spend :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I meant to say...... I moved that Lexus post from bangernomics to here - sorry, forgot to note it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I still reckon it's bangernomics as it's under budget minus tax which is a legal requirement :p

That Lexus is still amazing but with a 335i I have no need for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Yes it's over budget, but lots of bangernomics posted here come with no tax, this comes with 9 months, making the car effectively €1600 - ridiculous VFM
    47155910.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-430-nctd-amp-taxd-for-1-year-full-service-hist/10513939

I have a facelifted 04 version, Imo much nicer to look at but practically the same inside.

Seriously refined barges and that 4.3 loves LPG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

47155910.jpeg

id put that into dreamer section as well

4.3 litre
    13 years old
    150 000 miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

4.3 litre
    13 years old
    150 000 miles

I don't think you've understood the point of this thread ;)
    It's below 3k for a start and I'd bet you could knock another couple of hundred off.
    It has a V8 engine and nothing but heated cow, FSH and two owners from new.
    Can't see why the seller is a dreamer. Check out how much those cars go for on the continent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

not to mention the years tax!

https://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/range-rover/10214171

45571057.jpeg

you could definitely get this for 5k cash, 4.4 V8 BMW M62 petrol engine in it , commercial tax and DOE till next year, its not incredibly well spec'd but the L322 range rover has finally entered cheap barge'o'nomics town.

'automatic gearbox needs attention'

I do not want to enter that world of pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭ofcork

With only 64k miles on it must be poor boxes.

'automatic gearbox needs attention'

I do not want to enter that world of pain

its the ZF 5HP24 (same internals used as the X5 and a few other cars) in a different case. Lots of support for it online, it could even just be jumpy gears and in need of a flush, either way still a big bargain for somebody with a bit of time on their hands, those boxes go for 800-1000 second hand so its not too awful.

its the ZF 5HP24 (same internals used as the X5 and a few other cars) in a different case. Lots of support for it online, it could even just be jumpy gears and in need of a flush, either way still a big bargain for somebody with a bit of time on their hands, those boxes go for 800-1000 second hand so its not too awful.

yep the same box in the 645 that my dad drives these days, there can be a good preventative fix for the leaky gearbox sump where just loads of silicone is used to seal the ****e out of it. there was a similar mileage 645 in at the same time as the first full check we were having done on it when he got it and between the gearbox and the dynamic steering which goes wrong in them, it was a write-off in that it would have been cheaper to just buy a different one that doesn't have the issues

if the gearbox is just slamming gears and really rough around first and second gear, it could very well just be fouled cam position sensors as the exhaust gas recirculation will cake them up badly in carbon from start stop trips (comes with the territory of low miles) can be fixed by just switching the sensors around from the fouled side.

If someone could do the work themselves or had mates rates with a bmw indie that rr would be great, especially with 333 tax. For a lay person like me it would definitely end up being a 3k euro fix though I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TestersWanted

Is it unusual for a 13-year-old commercial jeep to have only 64,000 miles on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭circadian

Is it unusual for a 13-year-old commercial jeep to have only 64,000 miles on it?

It stands out as odd but it could be a farm vehicle used largley for towing stuff from the local co-op or whatever.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

circadian wrote: »
    It stands out as odd but it could be a farm vehicle used largley for towing stuff from the local co-op or whatever.

Or most likely a private jeep all its life until the new crew cab regulations came to Ireland to allow it to be "converted" to commercial.

• Advertisement

It was probably private up till this year, and it being the petrol one id say it was a weekend car / part of a collection of cars so miles were low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Ah ffs... if there is nothing wrong with that then f me sideways is that cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

And from a dealer, which legally implies a warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

4.3 litre
    13 years old
    150 000 miles

Clearly someone who knows fub all about that car.

Its a bargain for sure and on the continent and beyond them cars would indeed cost you far far more money, for instance in Asian countries that car would be beyond the scope of pretty much everyone same goes for plenty of EU countries. The mileage is high but them barges just eat miles and are none the worse for wear. I think the styling is a bit meh but there is no denying its a fantastic bargain, with tax thrown in especially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

regarding the 7 series, it doesnt say what playstation is fitted, is it a 2,3 or a 4? If it was a 4 the car might be considered a bargain but no way id pay that price if it was only a 3 or even a 2 still in it

Potential buyer would really need to find this out before going any further imo

regarding the 7 series, it doesnt say what playstation is fitted, is it a 2,3 or a 4? If it was a 4 the car might be considered a bargain but no way id pay that price if it was only a 3 or even a 2 still in it

You are joking right.....:D:D

Are you taking the piss? Is this an attempt at trolling?
    It also says it has a tv but the bastard seller isn't saying if its a 1920p 50' Samsung, has a radio too but if Avicii isn't in the boot then they can keep their car.
    What a spaz of a post hahah :D

ah lads its only a joke :D

no massage seats, aftermarket rear entertainment , its an overpriced shed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Serious Biz only here lads, probably a gen 1 Ps3, with backwards compatibility, worth the asking price alone if it is. Rare as hens teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Brasso

47911143.jpeg
    S600 with 7 months NCT, €2,500.

We're the pics taken in 1994 too??? My guess would be 84!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Truckermal wrote: »
    We're the pics taken in 1994 too??? My guess would be 84!!!

A pissed jockey

cadaliac wrote: »
    A pissed jockey

Actually look again they are pics of photographs! !!!

• Advertisement

unreal. probably pictures from the day they picked it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Worth a look, the W140 is very rare now. The fact that the seller realises they are double glazed windows and not 'bulletproof ' ones is actually a good sign.

I sat in one of them when they were launched at the Geneva motor show, was around Paddys Day 1991 so I've always had a soft spot for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Jesus lads a V12 and yer worried about the photos. If i had the spare cash Id be down like a bullet to cork and giving the asking price.. wouldnt even haggle, and that goes against everything i ever done cos id haggle over a euro... Happy days for the next owner, hope its somebody from here. Seriously beautiful car.

I was saying unreal in a good way, pictures from the day the 1 previous owner picked it up! I'd love the ****e out of that car

They do have that cool factor and there's no doubting their quality and reliability, but they are truly ancient looking. Even for their time they had no visual design, a brick on wheels. Not for me, despite how much I appreciate what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

How could it possibly be pictures from 1994 when the car behind it didn't come out until the early 2000s?:eek:

millington wrote: »
    How could it possibly be pictures from 1994 when the car behind it didn't come out until the early 2000s?:eek:

or the 2003 plate one to the left of it.

"1 previous owner...John Magner, Coolmore Stud." - would appeal to some :)

https://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-430-nctd-taxd-for-1-year-full-service-hist/10513939

Not a bad price and a full years tax. Very tempted to buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭bidiots

MAXFANTANA wrote: »

looks good.... what worries me is someone paying 1800 tax, to sell a car for 2950...sends my spider senses to ding a ling a ling

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement