Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** 2013: Accounting Before/After ***

• 07-06-2013 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

If the answers that are due up this year come up I will feel confident about this one! Heres to hoping it's one of the nice papers :D

Q1: Sole Trader

Q6: Incomplete Records
    Q7: Published

Q9: Production/Flexible Budgeting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Q1 Sole trader
    Q6 Published
    Q7 Incomplete Records
    Q8 Marginal]

NEED THAT A1 AFTER TODAY :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭shawki

Q9 mixed like 09 or Production

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

yournerd wrote: »
    Q1 Sole trader
    Q6 Published
    Q7 Incomplete Records
    Q8 Marginal]

NEED THAT A1 AFTER TODAY :(

Similar to myself, I avoid costing like the plague though :P In reality it would be an A1 paper if those questions come up. Hoping the department are nice to us :) What paper did you not like today?

Maths was a disaster I think. Yeah I sense the theory and a bit of a mixture in section 3 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Q1 Sole Trader
    Q5 Interpretation
    Q6 Published
    Q8 Marginal

I would LOVE this paper. I'd be almost able to achieve a B with it, I'd say!

• Advertisement

Maths was a disaster I think. Yeah I sense the theory and a bit of a mixture in section 3 :)

I've heard a few people expecting a mixture in section 3, I will have a breakdown, cannot do costing at all!
    I also haven't touched theory, like ever, thankfully I have a 5 day break before accounting :)

I had a dream about the accounting paper last night, opened the paper to see Departmental as Q1, Suspense, Costing with Depreciation and Fixed Assets as Q2,3,4 and for Q8 and Q9 they had introduced two whole new questions. One of the students in the exam hall called the examiner and said they thought there was a mix up that Departmental only ever appears on the OL and that Q8 and 9 weren't on the course. Only for the examiner to say 'they did tell you all that they were getting rid of predictability' and proceeded with an evil laugh. Lets just say it was more like a nightmare! :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭olazbabes

That paper would be a dream HL maths was awful lets hope paper 2 is nicer

Has anyone started studying for this subject yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Has anyone started studying for this subject yet?

After French tomorrow is when I'll begin studying for it, chemistry and economics which are all next week. 5 days to study for them :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Please please please let this be straight forward!!!

I hope it is straight forward! It would be great :) Haven't started studying this yet, I'm going to start after French! Well actually I'm going to do nothing tomorrow evening, I'll start Thursday ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭olazbabes

Maths Paper 2 saved me from failing. For accounting ill study after History. I hope - sole trader, published, incomplete, marginal or flexible came up. i have a feeling they could slot in a 100m correction or suspense 100m in section b.. This is what my grinds teacher said. I hate interpretations though

• Registered Users Posts: 33 carlos123455

Hoping for suspense, the only thing out of section B I have revised :P

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dude Love 1

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    If the answers that are due up this year come up I will feel confident about this one! Heres to hoping it's one of the nice papers :D

Q1: Sole Trader

Q6: Incomplete Records
    Q7: Published

Q9: Production/Flexible Budgeting

Our teacher's been telling us Manufacturing is more likely to come up! I know its 50/50, but there's a seminar at Trinity every year and they cover what they think will come up (they must have inside info) last year they got everything right. Also, with the Production in Q9 they could ask a balance sheet with it (which has never been asked before) that's what these experts have said. I know they're not setting the paper but I'd look over a balance sheet with a production budget before heading in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teach88

Hoping for suspense, the only thing out of section B I have revised :P

I think there will be 100mk Suspense this year. Might be a shock for some students.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Our teacher's been telling us Manufacturing is more likely to come up! I know its 50/50, but there's a seminar at Trinity every year and they cover what they think will come up (they must have inside info) last year they got everything right. Also, with the Production in Q9 they could ask a balance sheet with it (which has never been asked before) that's what these experts have said. I know they're not setting the paper but I'd look over a balance sheet with a production budget before heading in :)

Accounting isn't all that difficult to predict though tbh, I think inside info is a stretch. They definitely can do that with the balance sheet, I did a mock q with it, that said it makes a 30-minute question ridiculously long so I'd be surprised if it came up.

Anyway this is my next exam now. Kind of looking forward to it, I really really hope it goes well, it should I think as my accounts generally balance these days! Fecking theory though, ugh. Need to sit down and learn it. :/

Slow Show wrote: »
    Accounting isn't all that difficult to predict though tbh, I think inside info is a stretch. They definitely can do that with the balance sheet, I did a mock q with it, that said it makes a 30-minute question ridiculously long so I'd be surprised if it came up.
    They'd probably omit the trading account if they were to add it in, considering there's barely any available sample production budgets with a balance sheet I highly doubt it myself! What's your predictions for section 2?

Oh and if any of you are getting accounting grinds, might be worth asking your teacher if they set the paper.. my grinds teacher for maths was part of the committee that set the maths papers and I hadn't a clue!! Actually come to think of it he probably wouldn't have told me anyway.. not sure if I should be glad he was my grinds teacher , considering the error they made on paper 2 haha :)

They'd probably omit the trading account if they were to add it in, considering there's barely any available sample production budgets with a balance sheet I highly doubt it myself! What's your predictions for section 2?

It'd be very odd to have a trading account without a balance sheet. I mean I know it can happen but it'd be cray, I personally wouldn't feel right! Ah like everyone I'm predicting Published/Incomplete, would be very happy if Suspense came up instead of Published though!

It would be odd, they could just add the figures needed for the trading to proceed but it all seems too messy! Same here if one of those comes up I'd happy. Our teacher didn't cover suspense with us, I'm worried suspense will come up with either club or tabular..... please god let it be published or incomplete along with suspense if it does come up!!!

• Advertisement

I reckon I could handle the suspense if it came up :) However a balance sheet with a production budget? Wouldn't there be very little to put in?

I reckon I could handle the suspense if it came up :) However a balance sheet with a production budget? Wouldn't there be very little to put in?

In a sample question I have there's 2 items under fixed assets, 3 under current assets, 1 under current liabilities and 3 under financed by. It's not much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lizardspock

I'd love a good old 100 marker farm account, they do exist apparenty... imagine :P

In a sample question I have there's 2 items under fixed assets, 3 under current assets, 1 under current liabilities and 3 under financed by. It's not much :)

Not too bad. You hardly know where I could get a look at a sample one online? Just so I have some idea of what I'm doing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

I'd love a good old 100 marker farm account, they do exist apparenty... imagine :P

I wouldn't know how to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lizardspock

I wouldn't know how to do it!

It's the usual farm stuff, just with a balance sheet attached. Fly through it!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Raeral

If that came up, the whole country'd be fecked :P I doubt there's a single school that's actually studied them

Not too bad. You hardly know where I could get a look at a sample one online? Just so I have some idea of what I'm doing :)

Sorry I don't, I only have one sample and that was a printed version we got at that seminar. It would be really unfair if it came up, considering how unavailable the material is for it, but you never know with those state examination commissioners..

I have a mock paper somewhere where it came up and the solution, I probably won't get a chance today but I'll PM it to anyone who's interested when I get a chance (not sure what the craic with copyright is so it might not be the best idea to put it up on thread).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

I have a feeling a suspense is going to come up aswell, a depreciation and control in the 60m would just be beautiful! wouldn't mind a tabular statement but they take so long to draw out:/

Advertisement