Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** 2013: Accounting Before/After ***

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

jackkeane wrote: »
    Yeah you put the dividends of 3600 as 'capital introduced' in financed by. And you also include it in the bank figure when you are working that out!

There had to be 2 loan repayments due in Current Liabilities (12000) and then you subtracted them from the loan in financed by (60000)

Heh I really don't remember adding my capital introduced but there can't really be another way I could've got the same figure as you, is there? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jackkeane

Slow Show wrote: »
    Heh I really don't remember adding my capital introduced but there can't really be another way I could've got the same figure as you, is there? :confused:

Unless you made a mistake that made it exactly the same. I'd say the figures were just a bit similar!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

shawki wrote: »
    Was the loan in incomplete spilt into €60000 and €12000?

Yeah it was, there were 2 instalments for the year @ 6000 each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

For the ratios question, there was a question to recoup the market price from current earnings. Anyone know if that was market price/Dividend per share or market price/ earnings per share?

I did the formula : market price/earnings per share.. The one with D.P.S is for the present payout rate one, so I just assumed that because they said "current earnings" you used the E.P.S. I'm not sure on that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

jackkeane wrote: »
    Unless you made a mistake that made it exactly the same. I'd say the figures were just a bit similar!

In case you want an update, realised I actually got your figure for Total Net Assets and instead got the wrong figure for Capital Employed. Such an annoying mistake to make, like I've never forgotten it before but I would forget in my Leaving Cert exam. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 darrent123

what did everyone get for the depreciation question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭olazbabes

THE manufacturing was Mean. I understand if you are a higher level candidate you have to expect the unexpected> however the question didnt have to be that challenging. the adjustments were weird my teacher ignored company accounts for 2 years. we never done them whereas half the workings were from it. I wish I done club and Tabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭shawki

darrent123 wrote: »
    what did everyone get for the depreciation question?

67425 for the prov for Dep

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MrJamieSugrue

I did depreciation and Club as 60 markers and published and Incomplete as 100 markers. All of the above were okay I think (even of they didn't balance). Question 9..hmm well I hadn't paid any attention to cash budgeting because I was almost certain it was going to be production. Slán A. Anyone remember what they got for the income and expenditure in the club account?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lenny1995

I did so bad, got a C2 in the mocks and was hoping for a B1 in the lc and the manufacturing was horrible so i then ried the 60 markers and sure i wasnt prepared for them.. section 2 was lovely but didnt get them to balance and then i knew i should have learnt that 2009 question off by heart so i messed that up aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

That paper was awful. Hopefully In Q8 most marks will go for part a and i mean like 70 marks hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Finished

Anybody actually have to round to nearest euro in the depriciation question, it said to but i dont remember coming across a figure that had to be rounded up or down?

Finished wrote: »
    Anybody actually have to round to nearest euro in the depriciation question, it said to but i dont remember coming across a figure that had to be rounded up or down?

Nope what was your final figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

ray2012 wrote: »
    I did the formula : market price/earnings per share.. The one with D.P.S is for the present payout rate one, so I just assumed that because they said "current earnings" you used the E.P.S. I'm not sure on that though.

Good stuff! I seen that "current earnings" and was like .. Wait a minute, it must be earnings per share instead of dividends per share, so I scribbled out market price divided by dps and done market price divided by eps :D

Did you get a loss of 1750 for vehicle 1?

Did you get a loss of 1750 for vehicle 1?

Profit of 500 for Vehicle 1

did everyone else get 500 profit for vehicle 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Yep

Ah here. Did anyone get a loss of 1750?I got everything else to balance in the rest of the paper so hopefully I'll still get the a1.

Ah here. Did anyone get a loss of 1750?I got everything else to balance in the rest of the paper so hopefully I'll still get the a1.

Check it

http://www.examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2013/LC032ALP000EV.pdf

• Advertisement

did it again man, got the same thing. did u remember to charge 30 percent depreciation on the first year of the unit because that is the exact difference between our answers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

got my A1 omg so shocked!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I never learned how to even do the depreciation working for the Q1 and I got a B2...... What is this madness. From 41% in the mocks to a B2, not bad! :P I was considering dropping the subject earlier this year, glad I didn't now as it was one of my highest!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

Somehow managed the A1 too :D I am so happy! Hope you all got what you wanted in Accounting and across the board :)

Advertisement