Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** 2013: Accounting Before/After ***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

i hate numbers.

Is examinations.ie the only website with marking schemees?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Hi guys for 2008HL sole trader workings part 3 (suspense).
    Im stuck on how to get the insurance figure.
    I know it's 6150+200-250, but where does the 250 come from? Thanks to anyone that can help!

Hi guys for 2008HL sole trader workings part 3 (suspense).
    Im stuck on how to get the insurance figure.
    I know it's 6150+200-250, but where does the 250 come from? Thanks to anyone that can help!

Mortagage interest is 1500 but is 1250 in the trial balance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

yournerd wrote: »
    Is examinations.ie the only website with marking schemees?

www.betterexaminations.ie

Easier to switch between papers and marking schemes too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Manufacturing, Interpretation, Suspense, Incomplete, Marginal is what I'm predicting :)

I'm hoping it's a sole trader instead of a manufacturing and a published instead of a suspense, but we'll see :)

what would you write for the internet companies in the sector part of interpretation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

what would you write for the internet companies in the sector part of interpretation?

The usual crap.
    The economic downturn has affected most companies. Although as the technology sector is booming at the moment the company should be safe. The availablity of internet makes their services available to all, however they would be subject to serious competition. Really just write BS and keep wrting. I just made that up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ameliaaaaa

Hey, just a quick question. How do you do a note for bad debt recovered? In question1? :)

ameliaaaaa wrote: »
    Hey, just a quick question. How do you do a note for bad debt recovered? In question1? :)

Say it's 1200.

You put 1200 under "Working Profit"
    then you put whatever they received 500 into bank
    and the other into debtors :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 jackkeane

With that question about the Motor Vehicles, I thought you credit Capital with the difference between the new and old vehicle... not separate them into drawings and capital. It will have the same overall effect on the balance sheet but the marking schemes do it that way I think :P

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Mortagage interest is 1500 but is 1250 in the trial balance :)

Thanks a mil, think I finally got the hang of suspense after 2 gruelling years of accounting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

I thought I was prepared for this exam, also thought with the 5 days between French and Accounting that I would be okay, only to realise I only have tomorrow left to do everything :P

Does anyone have any rhyme or memory thing to help memorise the actual Manufacturing Account in Q1?
    I'm hoping its a Sole Trader to be honest but you never know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Incomplete and published(100) club account depreciation and a production budget would be happy days!

Would you say i can get 2 booklets one for all the rough work and one for the accounts? my teachers also recommend skipping pages between each question in all subjects. Saves the examienr looooooooooads!

Sunny!! wrote: »
    Incomplete and published(100) club account depreciation and a production budget would be happy days!

My dream Sunny!!

Would you say i can get 2 booklets one for all the rough work and one for the accounts? my teachers also recommend skipping pages between each question in all subjects. Saves the examienr looooooooooads!

Absolutely! That's what I'm going to do! :D:D:D

Did anyone do anythign similar in other exams?

That's what I plan on doing. I hope my examiner knows the two booklets are pretty much needed as you can't be turning pages the whole time when doing workings! :L

ray2012 wrote: »
    That's what I plan on doing. I hope my examiner knows the two booklets are pretty much needed as you can't be turning pages the whole time when doing workings! :L

My one won't..... She's stupid! She sits in behind me and watches me write. It's sooo annoying! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

My dream Sunny!!

We can only hope! I really hope suspense and cash flow don't make an appearance together on the paper though !!

Sunny!! wrote: »
    We can only hope! I really hope suspense and cash flow don't make an appearance together on the paper though !!

If they do i am f....ed

My one won't..... She's stupid! She sits in behind me and watches me write. It's sooo annoying! :(

Our examiner is the exact same, sitting behind me and I get so paranoid.... I will probably spend 5 minutes explaining as to why I need 2 booklets :P

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    Our examiner is the exact same, sitting behind me and I get so paranoid.... I will probably spend 5 minutes explaining as to why I need 2 booklets :P

Jaysus, sits behind ye?! That's fairly random, would it not make sense for the examiner to sit at the top of the room? :pac:

Jaysus, sits behind ye?! That's fairly random, would it not make sense for the examiner to sit at the top of the room? :pac:

Yeah! Well her desk is at the top of the room but she sits at a spare table down the back :P

infheistíochtaí saor ó riosca

Whats the risk free investment rate of something anyone??

3%-4% I think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Raeral

I usually say around 3-5% but I think it's a bit lower than that. I'd say anything around that mark is suitable though.

Yeah comes in and sits behind me as there is a spare desk. We are in a classroom so it's small

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I think I'll ask for another booklet at the beginning too to do all the workings in. Hope it's ok. Where is everyone putting the theory answers? I was going to just put them under my accounts, don't want to annoy the examiner having to look everywhere for them! I'm also doing the whole thing in black.

Advertisement