Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** 2013: Accounting Before/After ***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

What are the main topics to go over? Really hopes this goes well..

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ameliaaaaa

I'm hoping like the rest of ye for sole trader and incomplete and marginal.. Slightly freaking out here wondering why I choose this subject..
    You know for published, wha notes are required? Our teacher never did them with us, just the workings and trading, balance sheet .
    Also, is incomplete type b likely? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

ameliaaaaa wrote: »
    I'm hoping like the rest of ye for sole trader and incomplete and marginal.. Slightly freaking out here wondering why I choose this subject..
    You know for published, wha notes are required? Our teacher never did them with us, just the workings and trading, balance sheet .

Okay so I've decided to procrastinate some more because trying to look over questions is not having a good effect on me! :P

For Published they can ask for notes on the following:
    Accounting policy note for tangible fixed assets and stock
    Operating profit
    Interest payable
    Tangible fixed assets
    Dividends (although I thought I seen somewhere on this thread that this was gone)

Also, Incomplete method B is a possibility but less likely than Incomplete method A, Published or Suspense :) (well I think) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lizardspock

ameliaaaaa wrote: »

Been asking myself the same thing... Has potential to go really great but equally could be a total disaster if the right kinda questions dont come up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

I have covered:
    Manufacturing and sole trader( sole trader would be ideal)
    Q5 ratios
    For Q6 & 7 published only with a very quick look at tabular and incomplete ( will get 50/100 marks max for these :( )
    Q8s both types.

Hopefully te exam will go well. Really need at least a C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

If I see a 100m Farm account and Suspense I think I'll just write LOL in huge writing across the booklet and just leave the room.

Been asking myself the same thing... Has potential to go really great but equally could be a total disaster if the right kinda questions dont come up!!

That is the thing! It can either go great or be a complete disaster, there will be no average to this exam for me! Hope for the nice questions! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

So are must people banking on?

Q1 Sole Trader

Q5 Intrepretation
    Q6 Pulished
    Q7 Incomplete

Q8 Marginal Costing
    Q9 Production Budget

#a1

The man isn't doing any predictions this year, seems legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

So i'm thinking, depreciation, tab and incomplete for 60m and suspense and published for 100m, then hopefully marginal costing!

• Advertisement

yournerd wrote: »
    The man isn't doing any predictions this year, seems legit.

Can't be a good sign! :P If Manufacturing and Published appear tomorrow there won't even be time to breathe in the exam!

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    Can't be a good sign! :P If Manufacturing and Published appear tomorrow there won't even be time to breathe in the exam!

I'm always rushing through it !

Does anyone here have Ellen Costello?

Does anyone have any ideas as to what Part B might be asked in Q5? Debenture holders, shareholders etc.?

IS the contigent liability note basicaly what is in the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

^^Yeah pretty much!

Actually the great thing about Published Accounts is that the workings are easy, presumably to give time for the notes. If you know the notes it's grand. Note to self: Learn notes.

Hate the way in the theory bits for it the scope is so wide though. :( And Accounting theory in general, I mostly like Accounting but the theory of it is my least favourite part of all of my subjects. So dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

http://www.mystudymate.ie/accounting.html

Quick 10 minute revision videos. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Never studied published accounts, most predicted question to appear.

Bad Luck Man.UnitedLad

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jackkeane

As well as the notes you mentioned you can also get:

Interest payable
    Investments
    Contingent Liabilities
    Stock
    Capital

They are less common but are possibilities!

Im hoping the theory bit is something simple about an auditor :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 ulty77

Any predictions for OL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'm saying this for like to 1736th time, but if a Published or Incomplete don't come up, I am f*cked.
    I'll be doing the interpretation so I just need ONE of them! I beg of you accounting Gods :')

• Advertisement

jackkeane wrote: »
    As well as the notes you mentioned you can also get:

Interest payable
    Investments
    Contingent Liabilities
    Stock
    Capital

They are less common but are possibilities!

Im hoping the theory bit is something simple about an auditor :P

I never knew those were possible notes :eek: What would the note for contingent liability be?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Have Q8 off 100%, ratios near perfect ( I hope) , Q1 not too bad, but really depends what comes up as Q6/7 that will make or break me!!
    Published would be ideal, everything else on q6/7 is abit iffy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    I never knew those were possible notes :eek: What would the note for contingent liability be?

The 'usual' ones are :

1. Accounting policy note for tangible fixed assets and stock
    2. Operating profit
    3. Interest payable
    4. Tangible fixed assets

If you know the ones above, you'd be sorted. Small notes like the interest payable may be worth 2/3 marks only, like some of the others which don't come up too often.

What way are people answering the paper? I always seem to decide when I'm in there but it might be beneficial to know before-hand. I might go with the costing Question first, then Published/Incomplete (hopefully), then Q1, and then Interpretation (cause if needed I can rush the 'analysis' part).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

ray2012 wrote: »
    The 'usual' ones are :

2. Operating profit
    3. Interest payable
    4. Tangible fixed assets

If you know the ones above, you'd be sorted. Small notes like the interest payable may be worth 2/3 marks only, like some of the others which don't come up too often.

What way are people answering the paper? I always seem to decide when I'm in there but it might be beneficial to know before-hand. I might go with the costing Question first, then Published/Incomplete (hopefully), then Q1, and then Interpretation (cause if needed I can rush the 'analysis' part).

Good Idea but it really depends what comes up and what I remember! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lizardspock

ray2012 wrote: »
    The 'usual' ones are :

2. Operating profit
    3. Interest payable
    4. Tangible fixed assets

Think I might just head for the costing or budgeting question. Depending on the question, but if its something like a marginal costing or a production budget, I can usually get those done bout 20mins so I might gain myself some time for other areas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jackkeane

Its like

'An employee is claiming compensation for unlawful dismissal. The company's legal advisers believe that the company is unlikely/ likely to be liable under the terms of the employment contract and they estimate that the maximum amount of the liability will be legal costs of €25000.'

Essentially just whats in the question! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dude Love 1

I have a feeling Manufacturing is going to come up in section 1... heard it here first!

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Feel sick cause not going to remember anything! :(:(:(

• Advertisement

my tummy is sore like im soo nervous

Advertisement