Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** 2013: Accounting Before/After ***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lizardspock

God there better be nice Q6 and Q7s... decided to not do Q5 cos it makes no sense to me! this risk better go in my favour :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Is it better to use the ruled paper you're given? I'm not sure whether to rule the pages myself or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

I just can't wait for this to be over! I'm just after finishing looking over theory for Budgeting, Incompletes, Published & Ratios for the first time ever. Hoping I can remember some of it! I really need at least one of Incomplete or Published to appear, if neither of those appear I'm down 100 marks straight away :eek: :( Anyway, in 3 hours time we'll have started, then it only gets better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lizardspock

Is it better to use the ruled paper you're given? I'm not sure whether to rule the pages myself or not.

My teacher corrects leaving cert papers and he says just use normal paper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Genuinely looking forward to this exam! I've everything in section 2 bar ratios, farm, suspense and cash flows down, and id be able to give the last 3 a decent lash anyways. Good luck boys and girls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dude Love 1

All I can think about is ... in a few hours time when it's all over ... ACCOUNTING CAN APPLY SUCTION TO MY GENITALIA ! In the nicest possible way

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Published <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭olazbabes

ive not looked over tabulars:( too late. I hope published is 100 as there is too much to write if manufacturing and section b published come up!11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Can anyone explain to me briefly how to get the closing stock for each period in Stock Valuation? I can't work it out! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ameliaaaaa

yournerd wrote: »
    So are must people banking on?

Q1 Sole Trader

Q5 Intrepretation
    Q6 Pulished
    Q7 Incomplete

Q8 Marginal Costing
    Q9 Production Budget

#a1

Exactly what I've learned except for production budget .. If there's no marginal, I've no chance .. Never felt less prepared for anything in my life ! Oh well at 5 o'clock today I will never be happier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 sunshiniite

I'm doomed for this exam. Pretty sure I'll fail :/
    5th year a/c-ing class was a mess, didn't have a teacher for half the year. And this year,everything was so rushed that I barely finished doing a question fully. And I seem to forget everything when i dont have any notes in front of me. All I can hope for is that the questions aren't too bad or with any tricks. :P

My best question is Q5, and thankfully it comes up every year ^^

GL all <3

And with an hour to go I am leaving everything as it is, need the hour to soak up what I learnt earlier (hopefully :P)
    Best of luck to everyone, and I hope what you're looking for comes up! :D
    See ye here later ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 32 cool4cats17

How did it go for everyone?

I was happy enough! All went well apart from question 8! Completely forgot how to do it! :( only saw there were 2 loan repayments in the incomplete near the end so I fixed that and it balanced!

kevin12345 wrote: »
    I was happy enough! All went well apart from question 8! Completely forgot how to do it! :( only saw there were 2 loan repayments in the incomplete near the end so I fixed that and it balanced!

What came up this year?

Was the paper close to the predictions?

Any surprises?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

That went either ok or really badly. I think I scraped a pass at least

Also f*** manufacturing accounts

Club
    Dep
    Tab

Incomplete
    Published

Stock/product/over absorption :(
    A really strange budgeting q.

Budgeting Qs lately seem to be really strange, this trend seemed to happen back in 2009,

The manufacturing for 1 I'd say threw a few people expecting Sole Trader

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Manufacturing account was pretty horrible! Q8 wasn't too good either!
    Q5 ratios and published account was fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Great paper! Everything balanced for me, completely forgot how to do the P&L in 9, but I winged it well enough. Reckon I could be bordering an A1 or A2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

section 3 was pretty much a disaster :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Fcuk you section 3, where was marginal costing, I tried q9 but my effort was a joke.. That last section prob cost me 2 grades, other then that it was such a good paper:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Who_Knows

In Q1 there was no depreciation on the buildings? Were you supposed to just do it yourself?

Also were you meant to just write off the patents yourself?

Other than that fairly happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 carlos123455

Left out Section C :L Section B was alright, and Q1 was just bleh.. Should get a C :P

Opened the paper and I was delighted with what came up, only to realise that the manufacturing account was a complete disaster when I started it, they practically mixed it with Company and Sole Trader. Don't know what I did with that question, Published balanced, Incomplete just off and Q9 went wonderfully :) Q1 has annoyed me so much though! On the bright side, I'm finished :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

That was like 'let's see how many trade accounts and balance sheets we can fit into one paper' OMGGGGGGGGG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

My manufacturing was a bit of fail to be honest, but no surprise there! :P Interpretation was ok, published went fairly well I think, didn't balance by 2000.. Q8 (costing) was a bit iffy. I hate when they put like 3 different questions into it, it's so complicated what numbers you take etc. But I think it went ok. I'm hoping I got a C1, but I would love a B3 :) (doubt it though)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ameliaaaaa

I opened it and saw manufacturing .. Fine :)
    Then incomplete and q5 .. Nice :)
    AND THEN SECTION 3 !!
    WHAT THE HELL!?!
    I actually laughed at it, I couldn't do either of them.
    And I agree .. They mixed everything up together, it was so weird !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Fairly happy with that. :) Did Manufacturing, Published, Incomplete and I ended up doing both budgeting questions (I'm fast :pac:). My Published balanced and I was able for all the notes and theory so hopefully that's 100/100. :) Manufacturing and Incomplete didn't though I couldn't for the life of me figure out why Incomplete didn't so hopefully it was something small, Manufacturing didn't have time to puzzle over it too much but hopefully just one or two small things. Management was weird tbf, didn't feel confident at all on either question but made a good effort anyway.

Hopefully got the A1, I don't think I would've lost 40 marks in the paper though of course it's hard to know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

\o/ for depreciation, tabular and published. Not so much for incomplete because my balance sheet was out by something like 208,700! Spent a good 10 minutes trying to balance it but still got no where close :(

Q8 was straight forward enough. Was it ridiculously easy though or did I tackle it completely wrong?

Advertisement