Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**2013: History - Before/After **

• 07-06-2013 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭

Think it's time to cram like ****.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Think It's time to stop making such threads six days before the exam starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

Dapics wrote: »
    Think It's time to stop making such threads six days before the exam starts.

Starts in 5 days my friend so it's perfectly reasonable :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I'm well prepared for this one. Unless they throw on something unfathomably odd.

Treaty/Lock Out/Propaganda :PP

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jamesunited

I'm in trouble with this subject, Katanga I know more or less, know sunningdale, apprentice boys and coleraine univ.. Statins show trials and hitlers foreign policy.. Also Eucharistic congress but I need more in that category anyone willing to help me out please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

I'm in trouble with this subject, Katanga I know more or less, know sunningdale, apprentice boys and coleraine univ.. Statins show trials and hitlers foreign policy.. Also Eucharistic congress but I need more in that category anyone willing to help me out please

hitlers foreign policy and the eucharistic congress came up last year :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Jamesunited

user.name wrote: »
    hitlers foreign policy and the eucharistic congress came up last year :pac:

Looks like I neeed a lot of help ha.. Any predictions??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Treaty/FF/CnG/Dev

Seán Lemass/Jack Lynch/1st programme of eco expansion

LBJ+Vietnam/American foreign policy 45-89/MLK + Bus Bycott/Moon landing

Those are the stuff i'm revising this weekend. Feeling they are the most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Hoping for treaty , ni welfare state , nazi propaganda and Katanga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

1913 S/L, Cultural Nationalism, Unionism, Parnell and the HR Party would be graand. Education is another one, but unlikely.
    The Treaty, CnG/FF, WW2 North and South, Consolidation of Democracy, Factors of Partition.
    Stalin in general, Nazi State, Nazi Propaganda, Inter-War Britain, World War 2 (technology, wartime alliances, collaboration/resistance)
    And then finally, Race Relations in France

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Study domestic factors affecting us foreign policy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Study domestic factors affecting us foreign policy!

We don't do us history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

We don't do us history

In that case, it may be a foolish idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

1913 Strike + Lockout
    Land Question
    Anglo Irish Treaty negotiations (Case Study and hasn't come up in a while)
    FF + Cumann na nGaedhael
    Nazi propaganda ( especially Nuremberg Rallies)
    Rise of Facism
    Stalin/Lenin's policies

Also for the document I think it will be race relations in France

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

I'm going for:

Butt/Parnell/Redmond/Land Acts

1916 Easter Rising/War of Independence/Treaty/Civil War

American Presidents/Technology, military & space/McCarthyism/Civil Rights.

I'm not sure if I'm covered enough with just these though. =/

I've done:

Montgomery
    Racial Conflict
    Vietnam

Irish Civil War
    Anglo-Irish treaty
    WW2's impact on Belfast
    Eucharistic Congress (+ Language, culture, etc)

Causes of Civil Rights Movement
    Coleraine Controversy
    Social and Economic problems
    Brookeborough to O'Neill

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Land Q/Co-Op
    Strike and Lock Out
    Industrial Belfast
    *unionism(time willing)
    *1885 election case study(ditto above)

Treaty
    Cultural Nationalism
    Eco Policy CnG/FF up to 1945
    *1916 Rising(time willing)
    *eco impact war N&S(ditto above) though I don't know how likely that is

2nd international
    Science technology, early development motor car 1870-1914
    Imperialism
    Bismark- internal external
    *industrial Germany and Russia(time willing)

Plus France and Katanga.

The top two in each list being my preferred questions in each section. I swear to god if that doesn't cover me I'll leave the exam hall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

NI
    Sunningdale
    Welfare

Pursuit of sovereignty
    CG/FF ECO+ consolidation of democracy
    Unionsts in Power 1920-1949

Dictator+Democracy
    Lenin+stalin
    Interwar years Germany+england

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

mossy95 wrote: »
    NI
    Sunningdale
    Welfare

Pursuit of sovereignty
    CG/FF ECO+ consolidation of democracy
    Unionsts in Power 1920-1949

Dictator+Democracy
    Lenin+stalin
    Interwar years Germany+england

Is that really all you're preparing? I'm concerned people may get caught out I'm learning about 5/6 for each section..

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

Anyone have some good information on Sunningdale? I have two books, but this information is so vague and muddy, it's hard to make a really clear essay from memory. Essays would be okay, but genuine articles would be good.

That's my problem with Irish History, for the European stuff, I just google it, or read books and sources online. You can get so much information in your head with so little effort. For Irish though, you have to just memorize the forty sentences in your History book because it seems to know more than any other sources that I can find. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

What I'm covering:
    Northern ireland:
    Welfare state
    Direct rule and sunningdale
    apprentice boys
    coleraine
    bits off brookeborough and oneill

pursuit and sov:
    Sinn fein 1918
    War of indepedence
    anglo irish treaty and after talks
    War n+s and belfast bombing
    look over eucharistic congress but dont see it coming up

dictators + democracy:
    Lenin and stalin completely
    weimar republic + rise of nazis
    nazi state
    nazi propaganda and mussolini propaganda

then of course katanga and france :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Lads I was just revising Katanga there and I noticed something I hadn't spotted before. In my book it says the July Muting took place on the 11 of July, and then in the next paragraph on Tshombe declaring Katanga independent, it says that hapenned on the 11 of July as well? I checked online but the info is kind of muddled, wikipedia says the muting occurred on the 5th of July, but I wouldn't trust that as being the best source. I have the folens book, so could someone else check there book and see if it's an error. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Pursuit of Sovereignty:
    Treaty Negotiations/how it led to the civil war
    CnaG Foreign & Home affairs
    FF Foreign & Home affairs

Northern Ireland:
    3 Agreements
    Coleraine
    Apprentice Boys
    Welfare State
    O'Neill vs Brookeborough

America:
    Role of the Presidency
    Racial Conflict
    Domestic Factors affecting US FP.
    Johnson/Vietnam

Know both the case studies fairly well but I have a full day to cram after Irish P2 so I should be grand.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Lads I was just revising Katanga there and I noticed something I hadn't spotted before. In my book it says the July Muting took place on the 11 of July, and then in the next paragraph on Tshombe declaring Katanga independent, it says that hapenned on the 11 of July as well? I checked online but the info is kind of muddled, wikipedia says the muting occurred on the 5th of July, but I wouldn't trust that as being the best source. I have the folens book, so could someone else check there book and see if it's an error. Thanks

If you do mean "mutiny", it was the 5th of July

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Lukeyy

Sovereignity & Partition:
    CnaG and FF
    Rise of 2nd Sinn Fein/Fall of Home Rule
    Treaty
    Impact of war north and south

Northern Ireland:
    NICRA
    Anglo-Irish Agreement
    Downing St Dec
    Sunningdale

Nation States and International Tensions:
    Basically anything Germany related

In the folens book on NI the sunningdale is covered in huge detail but Downing street declaration, Anglo Irish agreement are covered considerably less it would be hard to write to write an essay on the other two

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Aksa94

In the folens book on NI the sunningdale is covered in huge detail but Downing street declaration, Anglo Irish agreement are covered considerably less it would be hard to write to write an essay on the other two

I don't think you'd get a question on them in their own, it would be talk about all 3 agreements or what advancements were made to bring a peaceful resolution to troubles

Yeah but they can contribute all to one of those "one or more" essays. I've a fair bit on Anglo Irish though. I also forgot to add Welfare State!

Lukeyy wrote: »
    Yeah but they can contribute all to one of those "one or more" essays. I've a fair bit on Anglo Irish though. I also forgot to add Welfare State!

So if if learned everything that happend with the anglo irish agreement and Downing street declaration combined with my knowledge of Sunningdale agreement, would I be coverd for a question on the like of 'polictal attempts to end NI violence'

So if if learned everything that happend with the anglo irish agreement and Downing street declaration combined with my knowledge of Sunningdale agreement, would I be coverd for a question on the like of 'polictal attempts to end NI violence'

Yeah I think you would but there was a question last year on the political attempts to resolve the troubles. So it probably won't come up.

You have though a question like number 4 in 2009. 2008 had a question on it too.
    You're almost guaranteed a case study and seeing as both Coleraine and Apprentice Boys came up then Sunningdale is a likely one. Welfare State hasn't been brought up since 2007 I think.

Then NICRA hasn't been since 2008. Brookeborough is another likely one if you'd rather that but I reckon knowing Sunningdale, NICRA and Welfare State will have you sorted!

• Advertisement

Lukeyy wrote: »
    Yeah I think you would but there was a question last year on the political attempts to resolve the troubles. So it probably won't come up.

You have though a question like number 4 in 2009. 2008 had a question on it too.
    You're almost guaranteed a case study and seeing as both Coleraine and Apprentice Boys came up then Sunningdale is a likely one. Welfare State hasn't been brought up since 2007 I think.

Then NICRA hasn't been since 2008. Brookeborough is another likely one if you'd rather that but I reckon knowing Sunningdale, NICRA and Welfare State will have you sorted!

Cheers History is my only subject at this time Im freaking out about dont have enough covered for sovereignty, just hopes it all works out

Advertisement