Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**2013: History - Before/After **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 _JustGav

Propaganda
    Jarrow March
    Lenin and Stalin Economy
    Church state relations under the nazis

NI
    Apprentice Boys
    Coleraine
    Welfare State

Republic
    Promotion of cultural identity
    Eucharistic Congress
    Anglo Irish Treaty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Elena123 wrote: »
    I don't really have time to study/revise everything so I just know 3-4 topics for each sections. Can someone tell me if this is enough or do i need to know something else that might come up on Wednesday?

The pursuit of sovereignty and impact of partition,1912-1949:
    1.Treaty Negotiations.
    2.Eucharistic congress ( i don't think this will come up)
    3.Cumman na nGaedheal
    4.Fianna Fail.

The politics and society in NI:
    1. Sunningdale Agreement ( reasons for its collapse)
    2.The Welfare state
    3.The coleraine university controversy

The dictatorship and democracy in Europe:
    I have Lenin,Stalin,Hitler and Mussolini covered.

And I also know 2 Case studies (The secession of Katanga,and race relations in France)

Can someone suggest me what else should i revise? I think i might do rise of sinn fein as well.. But i dont think it enough.

I think you're pretty safe with PoS. I don't do the other topics so I can't say. Treaty and FF/CnG should be at least 1 Q on those, probably the economy for the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Do people actually think Coleraine/Apprentice boys will come up? Those questions have been so over asked

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Elena123

Do people actually think Coleraine/Apprentice boys will come up? Those questions have been so over asked

I revised it for the mocks but i don't think it will come up..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

based on last years exam il hope for treaty, welfare state, nazi propaganda. katanga for documents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 dncl

Can anyone give me a brief outline of how to do a good conclusion for essays? My contents always grand just always manage to mess up the conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mundungus portfolio

dncl wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a brief outline of how to do a good conclusion for essays? My contents always grand just always manage to mess up the conclusion.

Just refer back to the title and do an evaluation. Don't worry too much about conclusions because you don't get a lot of marks as it's only one or two sentences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭Equil

All I know is that you shouldn't repeat what you said in your introduction and you shouldn't simply go back over all the points you've made. Instead, show that you're aware of what those points mean in the context of the topic you're writing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mundungus portfolio

apart from McCarthyism what else can you write about for domestic factors affecting us foreign policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LN1

Does anyone have an essay on Treaty Negotiations? I was thinking to concentrate on Cumann na ngaedheal and Fianna Fail but I am not sure if they will come. I could not find my essay on Treaty Negotiations and I really need it. Can someone mail it me please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

how likly is nazi propaganda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

After getting an A in my mocks I decided to just...not study...and now I'm in a blind panic thanks to this thread.

Best start cramming.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jamesunited

If I know 2 sections off by heart, preferably the 2 sections with the case studies and I kinda have an idea on the other 2 should I be okay for a pass? Not a hope am I stressing myself out on this.. Bare in mind I'm a repeater who's never done history since 3rd year and thought it would be ideal to go back to school 3 years after originally sitting my leaving cert and doing higher level history ... Oh yeah my history teacher got pregnant too and we've had 4 different substitutes . Joys of making your life better ha

LN1 wrote: »
    Does anyone have an essay on Treaty Negotiations? I was thinking to concentrate on Cumann na ngaedheal and Fianna Fail but I am not sure if they will come. I could not find my essay on Treaty Negotiations and I really need it. Can someone mail it me please?

-intro
    -preliminary negotiations dev/lloyd george demands, proposals rejected by dail, invited irish delegation to london
    -make up of british and irish delegation
    -controversy of leaving de valera out of delegation + why he did stay out
    - weaknesses and strengths of both delegations
    -issues they debated on (constitutional status of ireland, partion and unification + british defence requirements of ireland)
    -strategies used by both delegations
    - negotiations and there discussions (external association oath of allegiance +immediate and terrible war threat)
    - final terms of treaty
    -conclusion

Sorry its not a whole essay but theres my plan hope it helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Aksa94

apart from McCarthyism what else can you write about for domestic factors affecting us foreign policy?

Anti war movement and race relations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Will the dock you Down much if you don't have dates for all events?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MadScone08

Heres mine

Dictatorship
    Nazi Characteristics
    Nazi Propoganda
    Everthing Russia
    Rise of Fascism

Pursuit of Sovreignity
    Treaty
    Anglo Irish Relations
    Cng consolidation of democracy
    FF economy

The North
    Welfare state
    Coleraine
    Sunningdale collapse

I know only 3 essays for the north is slightly risky but it covers every year the.north was on the syllabus.since the intro of the new syllabus in 2006 and my mocks so.im fairly confident

And also france and katanga but im expecting Katanga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Kingkumar

any1 have an essay on like the downfall of Parnell i can't seem to get enough info to put in it. would u talk about his success's too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

If there is question on welfare state are you expected to cover colgraine too?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MadScone08

mossy95 wrote: »
    If there is question on welfare state are yoiu expected to cover colgraine too?

No you dont have to.there is enough info otherwise but to be honest you would be stupid not to, coleraine is.an easy essay and by preparing.it on its own you.could.use it in either :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Is nobody learning Collins/De Valera key personalities? I know they're for OL but a single question on either haven't appeared in a while, especially Collins.

Eoin Jackson seems to reckon that Cultural identity, W.T Cosgrave and Anglo Irish treaty are more likely to appear in that order.

does anyone have a technology of warfare essay for a poor soul like me? will be greatly appreciated :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

shootie wrote: »
    Is nobody learning Collins/De Valera key personalities? I know they're for OL but a single question on either haven't appeared in a while, especially Collins.

Eoin Jackson seems to reckon that Cultural identity, W.T Cosgrave and Anglo Irish treaty are more likely to appear in that order.

A question on Cosgrave but would pretty much just be talking about his policies and Cumman na nGaedheal Ireland which along with Fianna Fail comes up every year. Same for deValera. And his predictions seem very odd for history. No Stalin or Mussolini for European.

_JustGav wrote: »
    does anyone have a technology of warfare essay for a poor soul like me? will be greatly appreciated :D

-intro
    -blitzkrieg
    -tanks russian t 34 german panzer and how they were used in kursk + el alamein
    - aircraft bombing of citys battle of britain and how it was won with radar
    - bombers which protected fighters (mustangs) air navigation systems knickebein (german) oboe (allied)
    - V1 And v2 flying rockets
    - u boats british used sonar to detect submarines and use of ultra to crack enigma code
    -usa joins war bombs german infrastructure by day britain bombed by night use of incendiary bombs and flying fortresses
    -atomic bomb
    -conclusion

Hope that helps

-intro
    -blitzkrieg
    -tanks russian t 34 german panzer and how they were used in kursk + el alamein
    - aircraft bombing of citys battle of britain and how it was won with radar
    - bombers which protected fighters (mustangs) air navigation systems knickebein (german) oboe (allied)
    - V1 And v2 flying rockets
    - u boats british used sonar to detect submarines and use of ultra to crack enigma code
    -usa joins war bombs german infrastructure by day britain bombed by night use of incendiary bombs and flying fortresses
    -atomic bomb
    -conclusion

Hope that helps

thank you so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Cultural Identity for S/P again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LN1

-intro
    -preliminary negotiations dev/lloyd george demands, proposals rejected by dail, invited irish delegation to london
    -make up of british and irish delegation
    -controversy of leaving de valera out of delegation + why he did stay out
    - weaknesses and strengths of both delegations
    -issues they debated on (constitutional status of ireland, partion and unification + british defence requirements of ireland)
    -strategies used by both delegations
    - negotiations and there discussions (external association oath of allegiance +immediate and terrible war threat)
    - final terms of treaty
    -conclusion

Sorry its not a whole essay but theres my plan hope it helps :)

THANK YOU! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Anyone else think jarrow march is likely?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cottonpencil

Kingkumar wrote: »
    any1 have an essay on like the downfall of Parnell i can't seem to get enough info to put in it. would u talk about his success's too?

I have something along the lines of

-Intro
    -Kitty O Shea Affair
    -85 and 86 elections
    -Isolation
      Actions After '86 Manifsto 'to the people of Ireland' Attack on Gladstone
    -Personality (resign, marry, return)
    -Exterior Influence
      Catholic Chrch British Influence
    -Conclusion

But I do expect it to come up,
    instead hoping for 1913 s&l or 1885/1886 elections