Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**2013: History - Before/After **

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

eoghaanM wrote: »
    Haven't seen any of my books in weeks, pulling a freaker here

These are pretty good if you can't find any of your own notes. :)

http://leavingcerthistory.net/revision/revision-handouts/

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

i know this is going sound stupid but is India definitetly not going to come up ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Do the examiners generally look for the year or do you need the date too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

MissD93 wrote: »
    i know this is going sound stupid but is India definitetly not going to come up ??

Well no one could say its definitely 100% not gonna come up, but its highly unlikely, unless they want to cause an uproar worse than the maths question :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

MissD93 wrote: »

Not "definitely". Nothing is definite with the SEC. They have made so many mistakes across the board so far this year that for all you know they could ask you "Who made the first t-shirt made of cotton that had 0% cotton"

But on a serious not, more than likely not. Look over it briefly just incase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

SecondMan wrote: »
    Not "definitely". Nothing is definite with the SEC. They have made so many mistakes across the board so far this year that for all you know they could ask you "Who made the first t-shirt made of cotton that had 0% cotton"

But on a serious not, more than likely not. Look over it briefly just incase.

havnt even covered it, neither have alot others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

When writing about certian events will it be expected to write down the date along with the year or can you just write the year?

Would you guys consider anglo-irish treaty, nazi propaganda and northern irish welfare state to be a safe enough prediction for the last minute cram?

andrew369 wrote: »
    Would you guys consider anglo-irish treaty, nazi propaganda and northern irish welfare state to be a safe enough prediction for the last minute cram?

Very very very dodgy. That's three topics that youre relying on one question. And there is a possibility of none of them coming up. As a last minute resort, skim through case studies as one is bound to come up in each topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Have a few others up my sleeve ( :cool: ) but I'm hoping for Irish cultural identity; welfare state, Nazi propaganda and race relations. C'mon!!

• Advertisement

Very very very dodgy. That's three topics that youre relying on one question. And there is a possibility of none of them coming up. As a last minute resort, skim through case studies as one is bound to come up in each topic.

I have other ones learnt pretty well as backups I mean just as a quick look in the morning before the exam along with the document topics.

I have other ones learnt pretty well as backups I mean just as a quick look in the morning before the exam along with the document topics.

Oh.. Yeah that's grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jamesunited

dncl wrote: »
    -intro
    -blitzkrieg
    -tanks russian t 34 german panzer and how they were used in kursk + el alamein
    - aircraft bombing of citys battle of britain and how it was won with radar
    - bombers which protected fighters (mustangs) air navigation systems knickebein (german) oboe (allied)
    - V1 And v2 flying rockets
    - u boats british used sonar to detect submarines and use of ultra to crack enigma code
    -usa joins war bombs german infrastructure by day britain bombed by night use of incendiary bombs and flying fortresses
    -atomic bomb
    -conclusion

Hope that helps

Don't suppose you have plans for Katanga and French colonial man

mossy95 wrote: »
    Do the examiners generally look for the year or do you need the date too?

Our teacher always said not to dwell on dates, but to just make sure you have years. However, in short topics such as the War of Independence or the Rising then I'm sure exact dates are necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,706 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I have done absolutely sweet feck all for this, I'm really banking on Treaty negotiations+Civil war or Cumann Na nGaedhael/Fianna Fail economic+social, Propaganda and maybe Lenin or Mussolini for D&D, then Sunningdale or possibly Brookeborough for NI. Even then I'm still winging it for most of them, can't see myself surpassing a C1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

If India comes up the marking scheme will change for sure anyway, unless they want horrific History statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

thats what i hope will come up, all came up in my mocks. just add one or two more essays to that

thats what i hope will come up, all came up in my mocks. just add one or two more essays to that

Yeah I was going off them from mocks since they came up on both papers as well that so many teachers and other students are recommending them. Think I will add Coleraine/Apprentice Boys, Lenin and maybe CnG.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

I'm cynical about Russia, it's come up the last few years.

Is Jim Larkin and the Lockout too obvious seeing as it's the centenary and everything this year?

What's the general structure of a "of one or more of the following" essays? How many do you do and how? Do you split the essays up or do you incorporate it into one essay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Land Question please God.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Aksa94

What's jacksons predictions for document, NI, Ireland 1870-1914 and america

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Aksa94

Land Question please God.

What kind of question do u know for this tho. I only know a general land question

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MarieM2

Hey can anyone settle my nerves,
    Would u be okay walking in with

Propaganda hitler and muss
    Hitler characteristics state
    Church state relations wih hitler and muss
    Inter war period with Germany and England

Treaty neg
    Consolidation with WT cosgrave
    Eamann dev economy and Anglo Irish relations

Strike and lock out
    parnells downfalls

Anything missed or something big ive avoided ?
    Thankyou

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

Do you think the treaty essay would come up as the causes/effects or just a full on essay about the treaty negotiations?
    Also, for 1913 strike and lockout how would the question be phrased?
    And finally... Cultural revival, study GAA/Irish League (like last year's) or Douglas Hyde/W.B Yeats involvement (year before that)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

IMO the Treaty negotations are more likely as 'How they caused the Civil War?' or 'What did both delegations contribute to the negotiations?'. Something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

We all seem to have the same 3 or so questions for each section which means we will sink or swim together anyway! Are ye doing the document q first or last?

buyer95 wrote: »
    We all seem to have the same 3 or so questions for each section which means we will sink or swim together anyway! Are ye doing the document q first or last?

Depends which essay titles come up for me. If there is a dodgy section I would dedicate some extra time to the document at the start to try milk it for as many marks as possible then do the essay questions in order of how much you know for each. If all the essay titles are good leave it til last then when you do the document jump straight to the contextualization mini essay then the shorter questions. :)

Think I have spent more time thinking about how I can do this paper with as little study as possible than actually studying. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jamesunited

Depends which essay titles come up for me. If there is a dodgy section I would dedicate some extra time to the document at the start to try milk it for as many marks as possible then do the essay questions in order of how much you know for each. If all the essay titles are good leave it til last then when you do the document jump straight to the contextualization mini essay then the shorter questions. :)

Think I have spent more time thinking about how I can do this paper with as little study as possible than actually studying. :p

What's your essays your doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Anyone doing America? What have ye studied? :/

Advertisement