Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**2013: History - Before/After **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Wish I never took up this subject

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

But isn't there 3 case studies for each topic in which 1 always comes up? If that's the case I'm covered I think

One year on the Pursuit of Sovereignty topic no case study appeared. Caused outrage among the students and teachers but nothing could be done because the SEC have never stated a rule saying one of the case studies will come up. However, I think the SEC will include a case study as I doubt they'd want any public outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jamesunited

SecondMan wrote: »
    One year on the Pursuit of Sovereignty topic no case study appeared. Caused outrage among the students and teachers but nothing could be done because the SEC have never stated a rule saying one of the case studies will come up. However, I think the SEC will include a case study as I doubt they'd want any public outrage.

Absolutely ridiculous if one doesn't come up, if they're case studies that are hand picked to be learnt off surely they need to question us to see if we learned them. I'm going in here looking for a pass at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Aksa94

Well how was it. And is land agitation just a fancy term for the land acts

Aksa94 wrote: »
    Well how was it. And is land agitation just a fancy term for the land acts

I felt the US history questions were diabolical.

• Advertisement

I felt the US history questions were diabolical.

Ya did not expect any of them, I did presidents foreign policy

Ya did not expect any of them, I did presidents foreign policy

Same. It was Truman who was President during the Korean War yeah?

Same. It was Truman who was President during the Korean War yeah?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

ordinary level was such a nice paper so happy i dropped :D

MissD93 wrote: »
    ordinary level was such a nice paper so happy i dropped :D
    Did u just drop today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Irish section was horrible, really vague question on pre civil war sinn fein and no case study. Ended up leaving it and focusing on Northern Ireland, Europe and the document (woo Katanga).

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

Did u just drop today
    yeah I got 38% in my mock but I was I afraid I was going to fail, hopefully I got an A1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Another rigmarole. Hope I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MusicChick94Xx

Got to talk about propaganda and the treaty <3

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Absolute babe of a paper

Pursuit of sovereignty did the 1922-1939 economic question

Northern Ireland I did Welfare state

Dictatorship and democracy I did Stalin

absolutely loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Intu

Guys please tell me 3-3/4 of a page is alrite for an A1 if there is a lot of detail :(
    Any idea if talking about Coleraine in detail for the northern Ireland question about education would be ok?

Is land agitation just the land acts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Jaysus, they absolutely love Stalin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Intu wrote: »
    Guys please tell me 3-3/4 of a page is alrite for an A1 if there is a lot of detail :(
    Any idea if talking about Coleraine in detail for the northern Ireland question about education would be ok?

Yeah Coleraine was part of education policy which had a huge impact on the development of NI, was part of what started the civil rights movement. I covered from Brookeborough up to Coleraine and then beginning of NICRA. Probably my best essay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Land Agitation is stuff like the Land League, the Plan of Campaign, Agrarian Violence...

I was absolutely f*cking delighted!

Beautiful Home Rule Question, perfect economy essay and when I finally realised the Presidency essays were just a thinly veiled Berlin, Korea and Vietnam essay I nearly cried with happiness. All that and Katanga thrown in = orgasmic paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

He asked me 'Higher or Ordinary', I felt sick when I took the Higher paper.

Then proceed to molest the paper until it declared itself mine. 5 Pages for Economic Challenges, 3.5 for Faulkner, and 7 for Fascist Regimes. Owned it! :D

Intu wrote: »

There was no dates in the question so it should be OK. I wrote about Coleraine but mentioned how the Education Act increased 2nd level attendance hence 3rd level attendance so they built Coleraine to be able to meet the demand. Then I spoke about it's role in discrimination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Found it to be a lovely paper :) did the impact on ww2 on ireland, development of housing, education and health on NI, and the q on stalin :) really happy that Katanga came up!

Land Agitation is stuff like the Land League, the Plan of Campaign, Agrarian Violence...

I was absolutely f*cking delighted!

Beautiful Home Rule Question, perfect economy essay and when I finally realised the Presidency essays were just a thinly veiled Berlin, Korea and Vietnam essay I nearly cried with happiness. All that and Katanga thrown in = orgasmic paper.

So by talking about land acts, I did the wrong question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

What's the average length per question? I got 4 and a half done per Irish question, the 5 on Stalin and 2 on Contextualisation. Would this be enough? I would have thought so, but seeing as somebody wrote 7 pages for one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Nah not at all, you couldn't get an essay out of that stuff alone, it was the successes of the agitation I think wasn't it? And sure the successes of the agitation was the acts

Is land agitation just the land acts

I don't do that topic but I always thought it meant land evictions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mick_95

Delighted to see other people used Coleraine i there welfare state question thought id chanced a bit too much

Nah not at all, you couldn't get an essay out of that stuff alone, it was the successes of the agitation I think wasn't it? And sure the successes of the agitation was the acts

Oh thank god so basically if I had 1870 act, 1881 act, kilmainham treat, Balfour act, Ashbourne act, Wyndham act and birrel act, I should be ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

That couldn't have been a nicer paper really.. pursuit to sovereignty was never better. :p

Advertisement