Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Irish Paper II - Before / After **

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Colinoneill

Leanne12 wrote: »
    How much are the pros/poetry worth? :/

30 marks each, 5%

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

peekachoo wrote: »
    , although you need to quote from an triail,! :P

Afaik we don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I am not even joking when I say I have not done a scrap of work for this paper. I'll probably just skip the poetry and prose and make up An Triail on the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Afaik we don't

My teacher said we do, that being said, I aint going to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Must we know authors name for the prose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Raeral

buyer95 wrote: »
    Must we know authors name for the prose?

Nope, only for the poetry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

That was a seriously nice paper! Actually so happy with Irish ^.^

The comp was lovely, When I saw Steve I was thrilled.

I did the question on treithe and Niamh chinn oir for Oisin.

Mo grasa question was lovely, and eicolai was grand, wasnt keen on the 20 mark but it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

That was grand! The comprehensions were a dream!! The Maidhc question was nice! It was strange to see 3 questions for Oisin, gave me a bit of a fright, but they were grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

That was a very nice paper :) Happy with Irish now! Hoping they don't go too hard with the markings seen as it was so nice :)

Damn I wrote about the cruachás of Oisin on leaving Tir an nOg, thinking it meant like the hard times he experienced when he came back to Ireland. Turns out it meant the dilemma he was in. Knew I should have done the bealoidis question instead :mad:

• Advertisement

Raeral wrote: »
    Damn I wrote about the cruachás of Oisin on leaving Tir an nOg, thinking it meant like the hard times he experienced when he came back to Ireland. Turns out it meant the dilemma he was in. Knew I should have done the bealoidis question instead :mad:

We had a choice between the three?! Did see that I did all of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

kevin12345 wrote: »
    That was grand! The comprehensions were a dream!! The Maidhc question was nice! It was strange to see 3 questions for Oisin, gave me a bit of a fright, but they were grand.

Please tell me we only had to do 2 of the 3 right?!

Thought it was grand overall, nothing too hard, I wasn't impressed with the way the part B of each comprehension was divided into 2 parts, that made them very long!

An Triail question was eh… unexpected, I only ever really prepared fora question on one of the women or the techniques. It was fine though, my answer ended up being a bit sexually charged I said "Is rud scanrúil é go mbaineann Pádraig earraíocht as Máire chun gneás a fháil!" And then I said "Ní raibh Máire in ann é a chreidiúint nach raibh Pádraig anseo chin í agus a leanabh a fheiceáil ach chun, Maillí, an striapach, "a fheiceáil"!" ;)

Please tell me we only had to do 2 of the 3 right?!

Thought it was grand overall, nothing too hard, I wasn't impressed with the way the part B of each comprehension was divided into 2 parts, that made them very long!

An Triail question was eh… unexpected, I only ever really prepared fora question on one of the women or the techniques. It was fine though, my answer ended up being a bit sexually charged I said "Is rud scanrúil é go mbaineann Pádraig earraíocht as Máire chun gneás a fháil!" And then I said "Ní raibh Máire in ann é a chreidiúint nach raibh Pádraig anseo chin í agus a leanabh a fheiceáil ach chun, Maillí, an striapach, "a fheiceáil"!" ;)
    I misread the Q, I did all 3 anyway but I think, going by what the other poster said you only had to do 2. Delighted because my ii) answer wasn't great so ill most likely get marked on my best 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

I did the same, I thought it said his cruachás on uair gur fhág sé tír na nóg or something, is that not his hardship from the moment he left tir na nog? I am pretty sure it wasn't just his dilemma?

I did the same, I thought it said his cruachás on uair gur fhág sé tír na nóg or something, is that not his hardship from the moment he left tir na nog? I am pretty sure it wasn't just his dilemma?

After reflecting on the question, I realise I may have been wrong. Although cruachás does mean dilemma, I believe in that particular context it does mean his hardship. Thank god for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dorcan

would you have lost mark if you reworded the answers for the coomprehension but made some spelling mistakes. i dont think i did but was just wondering.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

dorcan wrote: »
    would you have lost mark if you reworded the answers for the coomprehension but made some spelling mistakes. i dont think i did but was just wondering.

Well if you spell things wrong you prob would lose marks for the Gaeilge, but you still got the info marks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

As said above, what you did was correct.

I wasn't impressed with the way the part B of each comprehension was divided into 2 parts, that made them very long!

Last year it was also it two bits, but people often left out the second part (according the Chief Examiner's report). So this year they made it clear to help people.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mcd2812

What poem came up today lads? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Mcd2812 wrote: »
    What poem came up today lads? :)

Mo ghra-sa

• Advertisement

dory wrote: »
    As said above, what you did was correct.

Last year it was also it two bits, but people often left out the second part (according the Chief Examiner's report). So this year they made it clear to help people.

Ahhh you're right, I didn't notice it really at all, especially as all the sample papers didn't have it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Mo ghra-sa

(taobh amuigh de na lúibíní)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mcd2812

Mo ghra-sa

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Twas grand like! I didn't prepare anything for it, comprehensions were grand, oisin and mo ghra sa were welcomed, kinda got my way through it, the an triail question was straightforward too, just raved about how its padraigs fault Maire killed herself etc etc
    Overall twas grand :P

I'd say there's a fair chance of Oisín (or Cáca Milis) coming up tomorrow, to contrast with last year's Hurlamaboc. If Oisín comes up, then I doubt they'd put Spailpín on it as they're both old, anonymous pieces of literature, so I'd say the poem would be Géibheann, Colscaradh or Mo Ghrása.

I was right about imirce and/or Gaeilge coming up, if that means anything to people relying on predictions :P

Well you were right about Oisín and right about Mo Ghrása also!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rathsan

can anyone tell me the answers for question 6a on both reading comps have always been bad at these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Over all I suppose it was grand really.

Those comprehensions were amazingly simple, apart from picking out the genitive which I can never do right.

The 'A Thig na Tit Orm' question was really nice and straight forward.

'Mo Ghra sa' was very similar to our mock question.

The 'Oisin' question was a bit tricky though trying to come up with 2 reasons why I like a particular trait :L I would have liked to get more length out of that question if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RabbitHearted

i have never seen nicer comprehensions :D and had literally just looked over padraig this morning so that was grand, mo ghra-sa was really nice but i contemplated jumping out the window when i saw oisin. i just didn't know it. in the end i ended up getting a good answer for the treithe bealoidis but completly ran out of time on the niamh questions, got two paragraphs down and scribbled 'ta bron agam, ta an t-am thart' at the bottom of the page :P the examiner better have a sense of humour :o

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Well you were right about Oisín and right about Mo Ghrása also!

If anyone needs me, I'll be in my palm-reading booth ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

If anyone needs me, I'll be in my palm-reading booth ;)

You need to keep predicting ;) Do you do French by any chance? :P

Advertisement