Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Irish Paper II - Before / After **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    You need to keep predicting ;) Do you do French by any chance? :P

I do! But I have no predictions for that, because I haven't looked at it for a month :pac: Somebody said something on children's rights was coming up, but I don't know, I'll (probably) cover drugs, sport, formal letter, the usual :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

If anyone needs me, I'll be in my palm-reading booth ;)

I actually read your post yesterday and I thought you had a solid reason for your predictions! As opposed to randomly saying "Ah sure me guts telling me it'll be Oisin..." :P

Something annoyed me today about everyone talking about how easy it was...We can't all get As dammit! :P

6a
    Tugadh and airgid

Cuigear/seachtar and Raidió na Gaeltachta ?

There were a range of answers you could've picked from. But tugadh and cuigear seem familiar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭evancunny95

After being over the moon that Mo Ghra sa came up I made a huge mistake by answering the unstudied poetry questions,dont even know how but thats 5% out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Ainmfhocal is noun ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

• Registered Users Posts: 45 neverfinished

Ainmfhocal is a noun so it's a person, place or thing. I only got a quick look at the paper so didn't look for alternate answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

i have never seen nicer comprehensions :D and had literally just looked over padraig this morning so that was grand, mo ghra-sa was really nice but i contemplated jumping out the window when i saw oisin. i just didn't know it. in the end i ended up getting a good answer for the treithe bealoidis but completly ran out of time on the niamh questions, got two paragraphs down and scribbled 'ta bron agam, ta an t-am thart' at the bottom of the page :P the examiner better have a sense of humour :o
    HAHA that's genius, never thought of doing that! :D

Comprehensions were simple. A Thig was very easy, did about 2 and a half pages. I did a similar question for Mo Ghrá Sá for my pres but to be honest I hadn't studied for it. The same thing for Oisín, but to be fair I'm still expecting at least 20/30 for both of them. If you use good Irish,your points are relevant and you write to an appropriate length, then I really can't see how they can dock you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

6a
    Tugadh and airgid

Cuigear/seachtar and Raidió na Gaeltachta ?

Radio na gaeltachta is feminine, it specified masculine didnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Sporty_Kate

I'm kinda worried about something from Irish P2 today, if someone doesnt mind letting me know if this is correct or not.

For the filiocht, i saw Mo Ghra Sa and didnt really know it that well so didn't really want to do the questions,
    So i did the Filiocht Roghnach instead, and answered it on Colscardh because it is nua-aimseartha. Is this ok to do or did I just lose 5%?

Thank you!

I'm kinda worried about something from Irish P2 today, if someone doesnt mind letting me know if this is correct or not.

For the filiocht, i saw Mo Ghra Sa and didnt really know it that well so didn't really want to do the questions,
    So i did the Filiocht Roghnach instead, and answered it on Colscardh because it is nua-aimseartha. Is this ok to do or did I just lose 5%?

Thank you!

Sorry but I'm afraid so :( You can still get an A1 anyway so its fine!

Thank you!

Sorry to say it but it looks like you're down 5% :(

Sorry but I'm afraid so :( You can still get an A1 anyway so its fine!

Serious?!

I thought though when it said write it on a poem that you have studied on your course about modern bla bla, like I answered all of the questions from 3b on Colscaradh. I didnt answer Mo Ghra Sa's questions with Colscaradh, if you get me?

Anybody say the caora fíniúna were a tagairt ghnéis? No? Well alright then. :P

Can anyone tell me the correct answer for Q 6A (ii) for the second comprehension?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Serious?!

I thought though when it said write it on a poem that you have studied on your course about modern bla bla, like I answered all of the questions from 3b on Colscaradh. I didnt answer Mo Ghra Sa's questions with Colscaradh, if you get me?

Q3b is for poems that are not on the set list of poems for this year. Geibheann, An tEarrach Thiar, Colscaradh, Mo Ghra-sa and Spailpin are the set list and if you use these to answer Q3b, I'm afraid you get zero. I'm really suprised your teacher didn't tell you this.

Anybody say the caora fíniúna were a tagairt ghnéis? No? Well alright then. :P

Hahaha "have sex with me...I have caora fíniúna ;)"

woopah92 wrote: »
    Q3b is for poems that are not on the set list of poems for this year. Geibheann, An tEarrach Thiar, Colscaradh, Mo Ghra-sa and Spailpin are the set list and if you use these to answer Q3b, I'm afraid you get zero. I'm really suprised your teacher didn't tell you this.

Devastated :'(

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me the correct answer for Q 6A (ii) for the second comprehension?

Phléigh siad na dúshláin agus na deacrachtaí a bhí rompu i rith na blianta

Labhair siad faoin bpribhléid a bhí acu muintir na Gaeltachtaí éagsúla a nascadh le chéile ar an aer

It was at the end of Alt 1 :)

woopah92 wrote: »

Also, will I get 0 marks, or might I get a few marks for my gaeilge even thought it was about Colscaradh?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Also, will I get 0 marks, or might I get a few marks for my gaeilge even thought it was about Colscaradh?
    Thanks!

I'm not sure. I'd imagine they may give you a few marks, but not any more than 10 anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Serious?!

It said straight under the roghnach "you are not allowed use prescribed poetry for this question"

peekachoo wrote: »
    It said straight under the roghnach "you are not allowed use prescribed poetry for this question"

I misread it and thought it said 'dearna' one simple letter 'n'. Only realised I was wrong when I asked you lot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Raeral

Labhair siad faoin bpribhléid a bhí acu muintir na Gaeltachtaí éagsúla a nascadh le chéile ar an aer

Q6 (a) (ii) asked for an animfhocal firinscmeach in alt 3, nothing about alt 1? I believe I said cathair an Gaillimhe but I wasn't sure if it was masculine or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

So what is poetry roghnach?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maidhfinden

huh?! 6A(ii)?! Nach ceist gramadach é sin?! Is é "ama" ceann de na freagraí cearta.. b'fhéidir go bhfuil cinn eile ann, n'fheadar

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maidhfinden

Páipéar gleoite a bhí ann.. ní fhéadfá páipéar níos fusa a fháil :P bhí na léamhthuiscintí thar a bheith éasca nach raibh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

I misread it and thought it said 'dearna' one simple letter 'n'. Only realised I was wrong when I asked you lot!!

Examiner might give you pity marks in other sections ;)

Advertisement