Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Irish Paper II - Before / After **

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

HugsiePie wrote: »
    So what is poetry roghnach?

It's basically there for repeats who did different poems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Sporty_Kate

SecondMan wrote: »
    Examiner might give you pity marks in other sections ;)

I'm hoping he/she does!! Just so annoyed at myself for trying to be cheeky with it and get my way around the system!! Ah sure whats done is done!!

I'm sure I wasnt the only one who did it!! #maybeIwas

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

I'm hoping he/she does!! Just so annoyed at myself for trying to be cheeky with it and get my way around the system!! Ah sure whats done is done!!

I'm sure I wasnt the only one who did it!! #maybeIwas

Lad in my class did it!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Raeral wrote: »
    Q6 (a) (ii) asked for an animfhocal firinscmeach in alt 3, nothing about alt 1? I believe I said cathair an Gaillimhe but I wasn't sure if it was masculine or not

OH! Sorry Phoenix Wright, for some stupid reason I thought you were on about a different question. I think I winged it and said "stáisiún" which isn't right at all. Sorry about that :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Can anyone tell me the correct answer for Q 6A (ii) for the second comprehension?

There were (at least) two options: tús ama and something an lae.

If you got the other part of that quesion right then the wrong part will loose you 1/600 marks. I wouldn't fret. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I just realised, I NEVER EVER have to write or say a word of Irish AGAIN! (Even if I repeat :))

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shawnanana

Only studied Oisin i dTir na nOg so happy days :D Pretty happy with Irish overall!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 20131995lc

hi all, I really want to do primary teaching(the main reason i kept up hl) i also did higher level maths to help me reach my points! I spent majority of my time on maths and geography! I genuinely feel my irish did not go to wel! i hadnt looked at mo ghra sa or oisin (id looked at 6 of them) and my an triall was average! is my chance of an honour gone? how do u think it will be marked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

20131995lc wrote: »
    hi all, I really want to do primary teaching(the main reason i kept up hl) i also did higher level maths to help me reach my points! I spent majority of my time on maths and geography! I genuinely feel my irish did not go to wel! i hadnt looked at mo ghra sa or oisin (id looked at 6 of them) and my an triall was average! is my chance of an honour gone? how do u think it will be marked?

Oral - 40%
    Tape - 10%
    Essay - 16.6%
    An Triall - 7%
    Comprehensions - 16.6%

Out of them you most likely will get a C3. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

20131995lc wrote: »
    I genuinely feel my irish did not go to wel! i hadnt looked at mo ghra sa or oisin (id looked at 6 of them) and my an triall was average! is my chance of an honour gone?
    They're quite a small proportion of one paper out of two, though.

Try not to to focus on what didn't go as well as you might have liked, it's natural that they're the bits that stick in peoples heads and take on a disproportionate importance.

At the moment, the right things to be focussing on are the exams left to do! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

dory wrote: »
    There were (at least) two options: tús ama and something an lae.

If you got the other part of that quesion right then the wrong part will loose you 1/600 marks. I wouldn't fret. :cool:

Chickened out of putting down lae for some reason, think I did something else :p oh well, like you said it's 1/600 :D

Advertisement