Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Irish Paper I - Before / After **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

If you write an essay that doesnt match any of the headings given and it was perfect etc can you still get the 80/100?

Unfortunately not, its a bit like English in that respect. If you don't keep to the purpose, you wont get the marks in the other section(s). That said, if you're completely stuck and you manage to tie it in, you could be okay. eg, One of the questions last year was about Ireland being an open and welcoming country. If you had an essay on fadhbanna, all you had to do is say no then use all the fadhbanna as why, and kept referring to the question.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Can somebody please proof read this paragraph of the pressure the media put on young people please?

Chomh maith leis sin, dar liomsa, cuireann na meain cumarsaide bru millteanach orainn. Feictear domsa go mbionn tionchar nach beag ag nuachtain ar dhaoine oga, ar chailini oga ach go hairthe. Tog, mar shampla, an cursai faisin. Is doigh liom nach bhfeidir a bheith ro-thanai sa la ata inniu ann.
    Feictear aisteoiri agus realtai ceoil agus maincini cailiula sna hirisi agus iad ar a mbealach (on their way?) chuig coisir eigin i Hollywood. Nil dabht ar bith i m'aigne go gcuireann na bpictiuiri de na daoine seo isteach ar cailini oga.

Thanks. :)
    -Go háirithe
    -"Tog, mar shampla, an cursai faisin" - Tóg, mar shampla, cursaí faisin (you don't need the "an")
    -You're right with "ar a mbealach" :)

Very minor things, for all I know they're typos, it's a very good paragraph :)

Just to add to the above-

It's ... na meáin chumarsáide
    Should be 'nach féidir' in the tanaí part.
    Réaltaí ceol (TG lagiolra)
    na pictiúir (I'm sure you'd get away with pictiúirí but the correct plural is pictiúir)
    ar chailíní óga.

But it's a grand paragraph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Lads anyone know what this site is, http://oideachas.gaelsceal.ie/index.php/leaving-cert/irish-lc/cluastuisceanna-lc/214-cluastuiscint-don-ardteist-2013 ? Says cluastuiscint don ardteist 2013??

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Flowerpoppy

buyer95 wrote: »

Hardly the exam?????

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Hardly the exam?????

How would Gaelscéal get it? I'd say it's a practice one for the 2013 exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Flowerpoppy

dory wrote: »
    How would Gaelscéal get it? I'd say it's a practice one for the 2013 exam.

Who knows.... Ways and means around these things!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Evertonianbhoy

I have my irish exam tomorrow and im clueless at irish anyone the only thing im worries about is not understanding the question on the story or letter any suggestions that would help me please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

The 2012 doesnt seem to be the same! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Raeral

Hardly the exam?????

It's not. Third line down it says 'triail cluaistiscint' meaning its only a practise one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Raeral wrote: »
    It's not. Third line down it says 'triail cluaistiscint' meaning its only a practise one :pac:

Nope thats on all the exams, it just means its the cluaistuiscint part.You hear it at the end of the exams saying "Deireadh na trialach". Quite strange how they haven't indicated that its not a mock exam or anything but lets face it, its too good to be true! Besides the SEC keep these things as secure as possible, they'd hardly allow another company to 1.get hold of it and 2.upload it to the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Sporty_Kate

Please Baby Jesus let Oideachais or Culu Eacnamiochta come up xoxoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭fishnetsxD

I don't understand everyones trouble with Irish, it's grand like. :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Quick question, are we allowed to write the listening in pencil?

Please god let fadhbanna soisialta come up!! It's the only thing I know :O

Quick question, are we allowed to write the listening in pencil?

I don't think there's any rule against using pencil in the exam, I did it for maths and I'm gonna do it for accounting as well. The best thing to do, if you can't find any rules about it on the SEC website, is just to ask your exam superintendent. They should know :)

An Coras Oideachais had better come up....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Thank you An Coras Oideachas! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

i will never understand why we have until 4 20 for this paper!! I saw coras oideachas, the only essay I learned off, flaked it down and was out the door by 2.50? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Yeah so.....that was easier than expected.
    Even the listening was simple.
    Imirce, thanks very much for making an appearance.

Does anyone know if an essay on fadhbanna soisialta matched the first aiste title.. "Rudai sa saol a theann I bhfeidhm orm" (not sure of the exact title)

• Advertisement

That was a beautiful beautiful paper. I will never complain about the Irish education system again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Very happy with that, listening was very clear, one one my essays came up, Thank you Coras Oideachais, and I got over 4 pages of good Irish in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Am I the only one who got so bored towards the end that they counted their words?

woopah92 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who got so bored towards the end that they counted their words?

I did too :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

572 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Uh, what was the exact translation for the first title?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

Guys for the fifth essay title - Eire mar ionad saoire, I adapted my "the gathering" essay to it, and said that the gathering was an example of how Ireland is a great holiday destination etc and I then branched away from the gathering and gave general reasons why Ireland would be a good holiday destination etc. Do you think I referred to the question enough, kind of worried :(

Lovely listening, lovely essay.
    I'm only looking for a C3. Maybe I should set my standards a bit higher after that!

All I can say is, thank god an Coras Oideachais came up :D

• Advertisement

Nope, somehow managed to spew out 800 :D

Advertisement