Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Irish Paper I - Before / After **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Hirish

John.Icy wrote: »
    The Gathering as aiste 5. Hmmmpf. Too risky. Would be better suited to the imirce essay.

Unless you dealt with what they asked you aswell.

Oh yes I dealt with Ireland as holiday resort, attractions, entertainment etc.. But mentioned the gathering once or twice... ????

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

The Gathering as aiste 5. Hmmmpf. Too risky. Would be better suited to the imirce essay.

Unless you dealt with what they asked you aswell.

Yes that's what I did. I'm quite confident in the strength of my answer actually. "Hmmpf" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

hitchcock wrote: »
    Yes that's what I did. I'm quite confident in the strength of my answer actually. "Hmmpf" :rolleyes:

You didn't just write about The Gathering though did you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

jessiblah wrote: »
    I did the one on life and things that affect you or are important to you or something (the first one).

I wrote about my friends, music (apparently I'm an amazing musician), my radio show, the Internet, Irish, Eoghan McDermott, my imaginary boyfriend Nath that I've been with for two years apparently, health and exercise, and relaxing. Apparently I go to Mayo to practice Irish with my imaginary boyfriend and we're going to live there when we're old. :P

What did you do? :)

Noooooo! I did it all wrong :( I thought it meant things that bother me and i wrote about social problems :'( why? :( and there was a dispoireacht I could have written it on :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Noooooo! I did it all wrong :( I thought it meant things that bother me and i wrote about social problems :'( why? :( and there was a dispoireacht I could have written it on :(

But social problems do affect you! It's OK you'll probably look like a negative Moaning Michael but it probably still fits the question. :)

• Advertisement

Stuff that has an impact or affect on you doesn't have to be happy thoughts :) if social problems is something that basically creates emotion in you then once you alluded to the title throughout and referenced that if impacts/affects etc you are A.O.K :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

You didn't just write about The Gathering though did you?

No I wrote an essay about how Ireland was a good holiday destination and I adapted my gathering notes into it. I was just wondering if any else did the same. :rolleyes:

Slow Show wrote: »
    But social problems do affect you! It's OK you'll probably look like a negative Moaning Michael but it probably still fits the question. :)
    Stuff that has an impact or affect on you doesn't have to be happy thoughts :) if social problems is something that basically creates emotion in you then once you alluded to the title throughout and referenced that if impacts/affects etc you are A.O.K :)

Thank you!! Such a relief .. I only had an essay on social problems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Did imigration essay, wrote two and a half pages, everything I wrote was super focused on the topic so hope it was enough?

hitchcock wrote: »
    No I wrote an essay about how Ireland was a good holiday destination and I adapted my gathering notes into it. I was just wondering if any else did the same. :rolleyes:

haha sorry! I was just wondering if you left out the whole general holiday part :p

A sidenote; what a crazy paper. I'd be 99% sure everyone had something they'd be able to write on. And the listening, so much nicer than any of the sample ones for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Hirish

What's the predictions for tomorrow guys? Dreading the comprehensions and an Triail!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Flowerpoppy

Glee_GG wrote: »
    Did imigration essay, wrote two and a half pages, everything I wrote was super focused on the topic so hope it was enough?

Me too!!! Quality not quantity ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭200c200c

Great paper :D Thank god for imirce :) Got nearly 3 pages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cottonpencil

ray2012 wrote: »
    I did the debate.. Was really handy, it was basically a rant about politicians! :P In that debate you could mention any social problems/emigration/Education system problems, and just relate them all to the politicians in power. Extremely handy! Such a selection of essays though, we were spoiled for choice :P

Did like the exact same thing *hi-5*, not many seemed to have picked it though which is a good thing (I think) :D how much did you write?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭PhosphoricAcid

Anyone else do the debate in politicians?

It's like the SEC are looking at what the predictions are and being so nice and giving them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ladymacbeth

Yes I did the debate on politicians also. I had an essay prepared, Éire Inniú, so it seemed perfect.
    I was worried half way through it mightn't have fit the topic of politicians, but I just linked it back to how the politicians weren't doing enough to stop the problems I talked about; Crime, Drugs, Alcohol, Gang Wars etc.
    I hope that's right anyways, don't want to loose 100 marks.

But the options were amazing to be honest. Something for everyone; politicians, sport, Ireland... Excellent choices really. Good paper. Hope tomorrow is just as lovely :D

It's like the SEC are looking at what the predictions are and being so nice and giving them :)
    Doubt that seeing as the papers are made in November/December of last year !! The predictions are basically whatever was topical in the news back then because thats usually how the SEC choose the essay titles !
    But in fairness its true we cant complain much this year with regards the papers we've gotten :) All very fair and managable! Thank God :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭PhosphoricAcid

What exactly did the title mean LMB? Our politicians aren't leading us in the right direction or something along those lines if I remember correctly. Don't know why more people to don't do the debate, had a top class intro and ending with a decent material in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mcd2812

Just looked up the paper online there and was wondering, why was there 5 options for the Aiste this year? I thought it was usually 3?

• Advertisement

Mcd2812 wrote: »
    Just looked up the paper online there and was wondering, why was there 5 options for the Aiste this year? I thought it was usually 3?
    There was no alt/irise this year just 5 essays instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dorcan

i thought that it was a nice paper. tape went surprisingly well (although didn't get last question) it was strange the tape on hurricane sandy and not the gathering i thought. essay titles were brillant. the time allowed is too long one girl wrote two essays had still left with 40 minutes left. i reckon paper 2 going to be b***h

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mcd2812

200c200c wrote: »
    There was no alt/irise this year just 5 essays instead :)

Ah I see, thanks very much for explaining :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

hope the sec send my debate to the dail i complained so much haha"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

What did people talk about for imirce? I'm very confident with how that listening went :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

What did people talk about for imirce? I'm very confident with how that listening went :P

I mentioned the reasons for it i.e. the recession and lack of jobs, then I mentioned influences i.e. young people leaving Ireland and the decline in the status of Ireland internationally and finally, ended with the solution - attracting new companies to Ireland and the Gathering. :)

I had
    1.Réamhrá-intro
    2.Saol faoi láthair-life today in ireland and the reasons people emigrate
    3.Éifeacht don chlann-effect on the family
    4.Saol thar sáile-life abroad
    5.Críoch-ending
    I was really happy with mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 happygirl321

it's over now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lc20133

Ok i did the aiste on emmigration, i talked about how there used to be emmegration long ago and things picked up and it stopped with the celtic tiger, but nowdays it back, i talked about how crime and drugs make ireland a unideal country which cause emmegration , also how parent realise the high level of underage drinking and leave with their familys to countries with better standerd of living and then i talked a little about recession and lack of jobs , finally i mentioned these problems must be overcome to stop emmigration. I wrote 5 pages. Just wondering will i get the majority off the marks with that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

EVERYTHING came up for the aiste. EVERYTHING, except Gaeilge :(

Luckily I had the Córas Oideachais up my sleeve, and imirce if I was really stuck :P

Advertisement