Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**OL Irish Paper 1 before/after **

• 07-06-2013 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭

I have a feeling I could be a bit stuck for time with this paper. :(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Not sure if serious.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Not sure if serious.....

No, I'm not serious. :p

As terrible as I am at Irish, I do have cúpla focail and should be able to string together a few essays in an hour and a half..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

I wonder how many times I can mention the presence of clouds in the sky without it looking dodgy?

Lá brea samhraidh a bhí ann. Bhí an ghrian ag taitneamh go h-ard sa spéire agus ní raibh puth gaoithe ag seideadh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Bionicle

Do a CSPE on it. Try do it in less than half an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

"Go tobann!"

Will be in my sceal roughly 700 times..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 JustForClarity

I don't have a word of Irish in my head so this will be good. Apparently my mock exam essays were so unintentionally funny that our teacher had to take a break in the middle of it.

Still got 73% though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LukeF96

Anyone any tips for the essays?
    Our teacher had to point out to us in the mock exam what the titles meant :D I'm afraid i wont be able to understand what they're asking me to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Bionicle wrote: »
    Do a CSPE on it. Try do it in less than half an hour.

I had my letter in the mocks finished by the end of the aural :P

I wrote one of each in the mocks. I'm going to try and do that again this time, see how long it takes me. We're not allowed to leave the centre early in our school (they detain us if we do :() so I'll just get it done as quickly as possible and then take a nap. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

What even comes up in the first paper? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

No matter how bad you are at Irish this will always be a simple exam! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Irish OL is a joke.. I dropped from Higher at the start of 6th year last year, did one question from each section (4 in all :pac:) and still left after 35 minutes..

A couple of us had a race at one point in Paper II to see who'd get out first...

I won.. With a breathtaking 45 minutes..

And still got an A1 :pac:

This is probably (as disgustingly awful and impossible as it sounds), the most fun exam in the Leaving :p

** i do not suggest challenging eachother to races if ye actually care about the subject though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Irish OL is a joke.. I dropped from Higher at the start of 6th year last year, did one question from each section (4 in all :pac:) and still left after 35 minutes..

A couple of us had a race at one point in Paper II to see who'd get out first...

I won.. With a breathtaking 45 minutes..

And still got an A1 :pac:

This is probably (as disgustingly awful and impossible as it sounds), the most fun exam in the Leaving :p

** i do not suggest challenging eachother to races if ye actually care about the subject though :pac:

Exactly what I was think of doing with some friends! I actually can't wait for my pass irish exams. Walking out like a baws after 30-40 minutes and still getting a good grade B)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Exactly what I was think of doing with some friends! I actually can't wait for my pass irish exams. Walking out like a baws after 30-40 minutes and still getting a good grade B)

The subjects a joke at OL. I didn't study for paper II at all, and no joke to yis, got 200/200 in the exam. Couldn't believe it when I went in to view the script (saying that I did drop to pass which is an unbelievable difference from higher andddd our teacher was a psycho and literally beat the pros/poems into us) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

going to do ordinary as my oral wasn't great. whats on paper 1? a letter and an essay?

going to do ordinary as my oral wasn't great. whats on paper 1? a letter and an essay?

It's your choice of four types of question. An essay and a letter are two of them, with a story and something else being the other two. You choose two to answer.

I think HL JC Irish was harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭stevie4568

Is there any specific vocab you need for particular questions? Like specific words for a letter or a story?

How many words do you need for the story or letter? And how many for the answer on the stories?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LukeF96

stevie4568 wrote: »
    Is there any specific vocab you need for particular questions? Like specific words for a letter or a story?

How many words do you need for the story or letter? And how many for the answer on the stories?
    Your story or letter has to fit into the title somehow i guess.
    We've been told a page each is plenty for the story or letter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭stevie4568

LukeF96 wrote: »
    Your story or letter has to fit into the title somehow i guess.
    We've been told a page each is plenty for the story or letter.

Makes sense, and then what about the stories, how long do the pieces have to be for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Aksa94

And how does the exam actually work for paper 1. Do we all go into a room to do the aural and stay in there or do we spend an hour in exam hall an then leave to do aural

decisions wrote: »
    I think HL JC Irish was harder.

got a C in that so hopefully i should be grand, im gonna have a look on sec at the papers, ive never looked at an ordinary level question before!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ulty77

If i fail irish , do i fail my leaving cert?

No..

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ulty77

thank ****!

ulty77 wrote: »
    If i fail irish , do i fail my leaving cert?

No, but many college courses require you pass it, so you may want to check with your course if that's what you're planning on doing next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

How much do you write for one essay?

mossy95 wrote: »
    How much do you write for one essay?

'Ni mór leathleathneach nó mar sin a scríobh'

I generally write 3/4 of a page to a page.

• Advertisement

what type of titles usually come up? is it pretty broad?

Advertisement