Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**OL Irish Paper 1 before/after **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

decisions wrote: »
    'Ni mór leathleathneach nó mar sin a scríobh'

I generally write 3/4 of a page to a page.

Your in the wrong thread this is ordinary Irish before/after

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

What's in paper 1?
    Is it just the tape and two other things that we have to do? (Letter, essay, story etc?)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

I'm also thinking of dropping to ordinary level but I don't have a clue of the structure of the paper. My teacher is also a psycho and warned me not to go down. To be honest, I'd rather sit higher and fail than sit ordinary level because that woman would bate the livin' ****e outta me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I've only dropped down to ol in the last two weeks! Thought my teacher left it a bit late to ask me , but I had an idea anyway..
    I'm between thinking I could fail HL so I'd drop down...
    How hard is it to get a B in OL if you think you would fail HL realistically?

And what the best essay title to revise?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Bionicle

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    I've only dropped down to ol in the last two weeks! Thought my teacher left it a bit late to ask me , but I had an idea anyway..
    I'm between thinking I could fail HL so I'd drop down...
    How hard is it to get a B in OL if you think you would fail HL realistically?

And what the best essay title to revise?

Cheers.
    Depends on how well your oral went to be honest. It's quite easy to get a B if you are anyway decent at Irish and have a solid oral.

Revise the Litir and Sceal. Learn off opening and closing lines for the litir and learn some phrases that you can use all the time in the sceal(e.g. go tobann). Also learn an address and date your letter. I wrote a page for both and got a B2 overall. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I reckon I failed my oral so I may put in a good written paper :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

decisions wrote: »
    I think HL JC Irish was harder.

It was, I remeber writing 1 and a half A4 pages for JC. Now I write 3/4 of a page and still get top marks. Wrote better irish in JC aswell

When I dropped down at the start of 6th year, I got the teacher I'd had all the way through Junior Cert HL.. She was teaching the same Irish, only dumbed down even more than it was then. I loved it! She was a great teacher though, very methodical about it, she taught it as a subject and not as a language which tbh I learned more with. If I'd had her for honours I probably would have stuck it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

sorry for the stupid question, but is the oral worth 40% for OL too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 JustForClarity

sorry for the stupid question, but is the oral worth 40% for OL too?

It is, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Jamesunited

I hate Irish! Boring take nap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Completely forgot about the tape! 0% for me :P

Hope I get to write about music at some stage! Favourite Irish topic! :pac:

"Leigh anois go cúramach ar do scrúd-phápair, na treoracha agus na ceisteanna a ghabann le cuid A." Beeeeeeeeep. :P

"Leigh anois go cúramach ar do scrúd-phápair, na treoracha agus na ceisteanna a ghabann le cuid A." Beeeeeeeeep. :P

Examiner: "You"re saying this in my voice aren't you?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

Does anyone have any sample answers for the scéal or letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

im feeling good about this exam . i just barely got the points i needed in the pres and that included the fact that i didnt know that we had to do 2 topics in paper 1 . i got 48% but now i did a really good oral and actually studied for the written tests .

Anyone have any good intros and conclusions for paper 1 stuff? I really am clueless in how the paper is structured.

What would an A1 essay consist of In OL, i only dropped down like the 2nd last week of school so don't know whats expected at OL essay. How long? Do your sentences have to be just basic sentences constructed toghetour perfect or do they look for sayings and the likes?

Please Im not sure

mossy95 wrote: »
    What would an A1 essay consist of In OL, i only dropped down like the 2nd last week of school so don't know whats expected at OL essay. How long? Do your sentences have to be just basic sentences constructed toghetour perfect or do they look for sayings and the likes?

Please Im not sure

Essays only need to be about a page. Basic sentences and throw in a few phrases and you'll be fine. Essays are very simple anyway.

Jade. wrote: »
    Essays only need to be about a page. Basic sentences and throw in a few phrases and you'll be fine. Essays are very simple anyway.

Is that A1 standard though?

• Advertisement

mossy95 wrote: »
    Is that A1 standard though?

Ya you don't need anything too complicated for ordinary level. There's a huge difference in what is required for higher and ordinary.

It's easy enough to get full marks in the essay with basic enough sentences and using phrases like in my opinion, without a doubt etc. :P

Use as many similes as you can and throw in all of the JC shíte and you'll be grand.

Stuff like:
    Go tobann; Níor chreid mé mo dhá chluas; chomh tapaidh le luas tintrí; ag crith le heagla; ba bheag nar thit mé i laige leis an ngeit a baineadh asam... etc...

I must know about 100 of those at this stage I'd say, between JC ones and new ones my teacher has bet into us this year. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Lena137

How long does the Litir and Sceal have to be? I haven't studied for this but I think we've long enough to string enough together of what we've learned through the years.

Lena137 wrote: »
    How long does the Litir and Sceal have to be? I haven't studied for this but I think we've long enough to string enough together of what we've learned through the years.

Think its half a page each.

Lena137 wrote: »

About a page each!

It says on the exam, about a half a page each

What's the layout if we get a rhiomhphost instead of a litir?
    Anybody? :p

What's the layout if we get a rhiomhphost instead of a litir?
    Anybody? :p

chuig : .....@hotmail.com

O: ...........@hotmail.com

Abhar: .................

A liam a chara..........................................

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Right who fancies a race? First person to post in this thread after the exam wins :D

• Advertisement

Bring it on!!

Advertisement