Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**OL Irish Paper 1 before/after **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Boom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Laauren

I felt like I did something wrong? I wrote a page on each but it was just TOO easy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Bit too easy of a paper :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Guys any idea how much you lose if you don't address the subject of the question? I know I wrote about the wrong thing in my letter and didn't hit on the question at all really. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I think it's 40 marks for your Irish and 10 for purpose, so you'll still probably get the majority of the marks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

I think it's 40 marks for your Irish and 10 for purpose, so you'll still probably get the majority of the marks.

Woo thank god for that, wrote a page of reasonably ok Irish for it so got some decent marks hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

that was simple, finished at around 2-45

• Registered Users Posts: 33 The Cheesepoo

Left at 2:50. Annoyed with the Aural. Struggled with a few easy ones. Written part was easy though. Flew through it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

I spent about 15/20 minutes writing and nearly an hour daydreaming/trying to think of words. I tend to overthink what I'm putting down on the page, especially when writing essays. I think I did fine regardless, 60% or so. I had trouble with the listening because I couldn't make heads or tails of what was being said due to the accents of two of the speakers. Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

What does "Is aoibhinn liom an deireadh seactaine" mean? I wrote about the health system?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

SecondMan wrote: »
    What does "Is aoibhinn liom an deireadh seactaine" mean? I wrote about the health system?

I love the weekend :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

can someone give me a gist of the paper? my mams a teacher and wants to know :P

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

007driver wrote: »
    I love the weekend :confused:

That was a joke :(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Aksa94

For I love the weekend I said I go to school all week for most of the essay and then at the end I said how I loved the weekend. Will that effect mark much

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

Did anyone finish their paper an hour early or is it just me?? I wrote an A4 page each for Story and letter..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Story about the party and letter bout the present to your uncle , easy

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Lololololol

In and out in 40 mins or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

a0ifee wrote: »
    can someone give me a gist of the paper? my mams a teacher and wants to know :P

Essay title/blag was I love the weekend, a film I saw or something on your area.

Letter was something about a present or being in a talent show.

I thought the aural was very easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

For the I love the weekend one I was going to write about a party but realised that that was on another question but ended up writing about a timpiste instead haha

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LukeF96

was the letter a present from your aunty/uncle?
    I wrote that i got a car and was thanking them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Anyone do the letter to the uncle?
    Was it about thanking him for a present he got you?
    I bloody hope it was!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MusicChick94Xx

LukeF96 wrote: »
    was the letter a present from your aunty/uncle?
    I wrote that i got a car and was thanking them :D

I wrote the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

i did the blog about the weekend, story about the plate smashing and letter to your friend and trials for the rte talents show? i wasnt sure if i wrote about the right thing for the letter, so i'll be marked out of best two yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Lena137

I thought it was a letter thanking your aunt/uncle for driving lessons as a present and you were saying about your first lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Lena137 wrote: »
    I thought it was a letter thanking your aunt/uncle for driving lessons as a present and you were saying about your first lesson.

Same, which is why I didn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 The Cheesepoo

Damn, that makes much more sense. Still i wrote loosely about that. Fits in to what i wrote. Didn't write about first lesson though. Still 40 for Irish 10 for purpose so i'm grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

Well that was grand. Had to stop myself from laughing when I thought of playing god and ramming a car through the front window of a restaurant in my, "rósta sicín" essay. Just to get that bit of, "timpiste" vocab in there, ya know? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

I manipulated the first sraith picture we had about the driving test :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I wrote to my uncle about how I got his present , ah well only 10 marks gone, 40 for the Irish in it, did the story about the party aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Yeah this is what I thought it was about too! :)

Advertisement