Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Maths Paper 2 before/after**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

i think just like paper one no proofs might come up expect those geametery proofs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I hope they give us a construction for 6A :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30 catherinek12

i havnt a clue i found this on
    http://studynotes.ie/leaving-cert/maths/mathematics-leaving-certificate-hl-pdf-notes/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+studynotesie+%28StudyNotes.ie%29
    this webpage proofs and other i think and i was like is it up to date cause i havnt a clue honestly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Does anyone know if the Tukey quick test is on our course this year? I've come across it in an Educate sample paper and I can't remember having done it in class?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Lukeyy

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Tukey quick test is on our course this year? I've come across it in an Educate sample paper and I can't remember having done it in class?

I don't think so. I don't think I've ever heard of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 lizardspock

kevin12345 wrote: »

Think I read that it's off the course this year, not 100% sure though

• Registered Users Posts: 30 catherinek12

check the contents of your papers it will tell you if its off, if its the HL papers it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

It is not on. The contents page in Educate's papers tells you what is not on the course from the older SEC sample papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Guys do you know for Scatter plot diagrams? How does one know which axis to plot the data on?

Guys do you know for Scatter plot diagrams? How does one know which axis to plot the data on?

X is the explanatory/independent variable and Y is the response/dependent variable

• Advertisement

Lukeyy wrote: »
    X is the explanatory/independent variable and Y is the response/dependent variable

That doesn't really explain it to me. in lay mans terms? Say for age and finish time or age and height?

That doesn't really explain it to me. in lay mans terms? Say for age and finish time or age and height?

I'd say x for both because age is more of a permanent value if you get what I mean?

Lukeyy wrote: »
    I'd say x for both because age is more of a permanent value if you get what I mean?

so x is the permanent one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Do we need to be able to get the standard deviation manually or just through the calculator? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

It's in the list with correlation coefficient under its usual symbol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Aaaand in simper terms...:P The information will more than likely be given to you on a frequency table, the top row goes on the x-axis, bottom on the y-axis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

paroooo

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

Guys in Probability, will they ask basic probability like permutations, choosing and factorials? I have no clue on how to do them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

RML wrote: »
    Guys in Probability, will they ask basic probability like permutations, choosing and factorials? I have no clue on how to do them :(

I doubt it. If it's a 25 marker it'll probably be a Venn diagram/conditional probability/whether or not something is independent/Bernoulli trials (maybe the bit of theory about theory.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Am I right in saying that there'll definitely be a choice between a theorem (and those definitions and/or proof by contradiction) and the geometry? Cause our class have done no geometry to standard of in 6B in the exam papers!

• Advertisement

Am I right in saying that there'll definitely be a choice between a theorem (and those definitions and/or proof by contradiction) and the geometry? Cause our class have done no geometry to standard of in 6B in the exam papers!

Afaik yes. We haven't really either so I'm thinking that way. Although we may not be asked to prove a theorem but rather, apply it. whichever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Bring it on! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Hope we wont have to draw the line of best fit! So sh1te at that it's not even right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Do you put in two values for standard deviation? X and Y variables on casio calculator?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

For anyone who, like me, was clueless of how to do standard deviation on the calculator until tonight:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Prodigious wrote: »
    Hope we wont have to draw the line of best fit! So sh1te at that it's not even right!

Just make sure to draw it through x bar, y bar. Apparently you lose marks if you don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Prodigious wrote: »

do you know that if you are given a table of data, you can use your Casio calculator to get it perfectly(almost suspiciously) right!

do you know that if you are given a table of data, you can use your Casio calculator to get it perfectly(almost suspiciously) right!

Do tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 leaving certbrah

Anyone know how to do sec sample 2013 paper 2 Q 5 b ? Pg 156 of exam papers.. Can't figure it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Is anyone else too scared to look at the P1 thread? I'd be too put off if I got Qs wrong... I'd rather remain ignorant until August!

Advertisement