Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Maths Paper 2 before/after**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

yournerd wrote: »
    Could someone please just write what do we need to know for paper 2? syllabus is way toooooooo long!

But we need to know the syllabus? So if someone types what we need to know for you it's going to be equally as long. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I'm just so stressed and feeling really weak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

It would actually be really helpful if someone just typed out the chapters we need to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Slow Show wrote: »
    What d'you mean, like drawing it through the origin?

Nope, getting the average of all the x coordinates (x bar) then all the y coordinates (y bar) and plotting this point ensuring that the line goes through it :)

No it doesn't. Plenty of graphs won't, when the above poster was referring to x bar and y bar, he mean the mean of the x's and the mean of the y's, your line should ideally go through that coordinate. But at the end of the day the line of best fit for everyone is going to be different and there'll be a tolerance in the accepted answer so don't sweat it!

She ;) My teacher was at a conference recently and thats what they were told anywho. And there shouldn't be a tolerance level if the frequencies and values are given

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Goodnight and good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Over and out lads, best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Good Luck to all today!
    I'm sure it will be juuuuuust fine!

Note to self: Steer clear of this thread this afternoon in an effort to maintain my dignity.

Good Luck to all today!
    I'm sure it will be juuuuuust fine!

Note to self: Steer clear of this thread this afternoon in an effort to maintain my dignity.

Ugh sames :P I'm sure you'll be too busy with biology and Irish P2 to care!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

There goes the A :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I thought it was easier than p1:) .. That being said I thought P1 was so hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Very happy with that paper! Apart from that last question which was stupid! Although they had a few easy bits in it, probably if they need to wait the marks! I LOVED the Statistics question!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Raeral

All in all, not too bad. Managed to answer everything anyway :) coincidentally, I happened to do a project on the arbelos for the young scientists in TY, never in my wildest dreams did I actually think it would turn up on the exam :P

Also did anyone else spot a problem with the triangle they gave you in question 8. It was supposed to have sides of 80 and 110 with an enclosed angle of 124 degrees and another angle of 36. However this triangle doesn't exist as 80/sin20 isn't equal to 110/sin36 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ajireland95

I thought that was an absolutely awful paper tbh, none of the equations worked out for me and i had gigantic numbers everywhere in the circles question. :(

Raeral wrote: »
    All in all, not too bad. Managed to answer everything anyway :) coincidentally, I happened to do a project on the arbelos for the young scientists in TY, never in my wildest dreams did I actually think it would turn up on the exam :P

Also did anyone else spot a problem with the triangle they gave you in question 8. It was supposed to have sides of 80 and 110 with an enclosed angle of 124 degrees and another angle of 36. However this triangle doesn't exist as 80/sin20 isn't equal to 110/sin36 :confused:

If they make a mistake do they have to give everyone full marks?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I think theres still some hope of me passing..
    Hopefully <333
    Lol at the Q9 though, Id say I got zero for the whole section

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bigboy123

Think that arbelios may have cost a lot of A1s there

If they make a mistake do they have to give everyone full marks?

I think yes, if you attempted it maybe? Not sure, didn't even notice there was a mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

That arbelos can lick the back of my sack.

What did ye get for the last question part a?

• Advertisement

I tried to make a trapezium of the Q8

it didn't work out

Was the distance from R to HP 37km

I tried to make a trapezium of the Q8

it didn't work out

Was the distance from R to HP 37km

I think I got 37! :O

Edit: Oh wait, might've been something else. I think I got around that though, might've rounded/not rounded a decimal earlier on or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

For acute angle did you get 30?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

That was more like an english exam than a maths exam. Q9 was horrible. =/ The rest was fairly ok though, except I forgot how to construct the orthocentre. =(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

What did everyone get for Q8 for the distance from H to P? I got 193 but it doesn't look right as one side is 80 and the other is 110..?

I got 141.04 for the length of HP

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ajireland95

I got roughly 60 km for that question, i just used the triangle from before and did some congruency stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 allieobrien

Hp I got 155 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I used the Sine Rule A over SinA = B over SinB. That gave me 193..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

That arbelos question was nasty.. don't have a clue what I got in it but it can't be anything too great..

Advertisement