Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Stores Ballydowd

Options
  • 07-06-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭

I was walking down to Lucan village earlier today and i noticed that the A Stores shop in Ballydowd between Conways garage and Lucan Motorcycles has reopened. It's been closed for as long as i can remember and i always figured it would be just left to crumble over the years.

Great to see some new life in old premises,long may it continue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

lord lucan wrote: »
    I was walking down to Lucan village earlier today and i noticed that the A Stores shop in Ballydowd between Conways garage and Lucan Motorcycles has reopened. It's been closed for as long as i can remember and i always figured it would be just left to crumble over the years.

Great to see some new life in old premises,long may it continue.

Was/is that Molloys ??
    Some fond memories of the devilment ( all harmless ) around that shop and its environs when I was in the Brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

anbrutog wrote: »
    Was/is that Molloys ??
    Some fond memories of the devilment ( all harmless ) around that shop and its environs when I was in the Brothers.

It's down the road from Molloys as you head towards Woodies. It's only a small little place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

anbrutog wrote: »
    Was/is that Molloys ??

Went to the Brothers there myself and can remember the carry there at lunch time , I've teenagers now and strangle them if I caught them doing anything like that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

mattjack wrote: »
    Went to the Brothers there myself and can remember the carry there at lunch time , I've teenagers now and strangle them if I caught them doing anything like that :D

Haha yeah.
    The bloke who ran the shop would get swamped by hordes of young fellas looking for their 9p stinger bars and bags of meanies.

Jaysus , the brothers was nothing short of a full-on mental asylum.
    Still chuckle when I think of of the stuff that used to go on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Yes I noticed it open recently. It seems to have weird opening hours though and has been closed several times I've gone past in the middle of the day.

I remember it as being called the A1Cash Stores and having the slogan "From a Needle to an Anchor".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Yes I noticed it open recently. It seems to have weird opening hours though and has been closed several times I've gone past in the middle of the day.

I remember it as being called the A1Cash Stores and having the slogan "From a Needle to an Anchor".

It was Mr. Finegan who owned the shop. He did actually sell needles and anchors (small badges). We also figured out that he had a funny way of saying 64, we got hours of fun out of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

I was getting my motorbike fixed a few weeks ago by Niall in Lucan Motorcycles - he was telling me that the shop is now being run by a daughter of the gentleman (Tom I think) who used to own the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭macfran

Mr Finnegan did not own the shop but rented it from the family who own the house beside it "Clonkeen" It is now run by a mamber of that family.

Advertisement