Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling homemade cakes advice.

Options
  • 07-06-2013 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hello,

Are there any health & safety checks or regulations that would need to be carried out before selling homemade cakes etc at farmers markets and similar places? Or perhaps cakes or cookies online?

I'm not necessarily talking large quantities though.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Hi Rainbow Bright,

I see you have not received a response to your question, the simple answer is yes.

I would also add, that as you are asking this question on here it would appear you have done little or no research into what you are considering.

If you want to bake cakes, bread or supply any other food product you will need to have health board clearance.

This website will provide you with the information you need, http://www.fsai.ie/

Its admirable that you are considering setting up this type of operation but before you invest your money in it please do more research.

Regards,

Fries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

A little harsh perhaps, Fries? OPs question on here is a pretty good place to get basic direction as to what needs to be done. RB, you might also search the archives on this forum for more on "home kitchen", some good stuff there that will help. The search box is on the top right corner of this forum home page.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Hi OP,

Discovered this site recently. It may be of interest to you. It's a way for serious home cooks to market their wares in various cities around the world.

http://www.foodzai.com/

Advertisement