Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a talented deep tissue massage therapist

Options
  • 07-06-2013 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Im looking for a really good deep tissue therapist in Dublin. Ive had a quite a few injuries in the past year, and im generally plagued with myofascial trigger points anyway so like to get regular deep tissue work, at least once a month.

My previous physiotherapist has left Ireland, and for the past few months Ive been looking for a replacement to no avail, Ive tried a few physical therapists and physiotherapists who were very unskilled. Its very unsatisfying to leave a physio session still in pain and down 60 quid, knowing that my previous physio would have nailed it.

Can anyone recommend a good physiotherapist, or physical therapist, or even deep tissue masseuse? I cant go on wasting money with my trial & error approach :)

Thanks!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Try Alexandria Craig in http://functionaltraining.ie She's a neuro-muscular therapist but also a very accomplished lifter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

http://therapysuite.sitewith.us/2/about_us_214776.html

The only person who was able to give me relief from chronic back pain having tried physios, consultants, chiropractors, etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Hi everyone,

Im looking for a really good deep tissue therapist in Dublin. Ive had a quite a few injuries in the past year, and im generally plagued with myofascial trigger points anyway so like to get regular deep tissue work, at least once a month.

My previous physiotherapist has left Ireland, and for the past few months Ive been looking for a replacement to no avail, Ive tried a few physical therapists and physiotherapists who were very unskilled. Its very unsatisfying to leave a physio session still in pain and down 60 quid, knowing that my previous physio would have nailed it.

Can anyone recommend a good physiotherapist, or physical therapist, or even deep tissue masseuse? I cant go on wasting money with my trial & error approach :)

Thanks!!

If you're plagued with Myo-fascial Trigger points (MTrp's) you need to start looking at your breathing pattern, if you're a shallow/upper chest breather this will be a major contributing factor to why you're plagued by them! A good Hdip Neuromuscular Physical therapist will be able to advise you on this as MTrp's are the basis of the course. Robbie Bourke in Ultimate Performance is suppose to be class & has completed the above course (a long with a load of others).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Robert57

Hi, I can recommend my therapist masseuse who is really very good. She gain second place in Championship of Europe Tae-kowndo , and she gained couple of smaller achievements , but after injury of spine she interrupted sport and became a Professional Therapist, when graduated University massage courses.Her name is Malgorzata and here is contact:

http://www.dublin-massage.com

or phone 0851357766

I can add that she has very good prices as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Burkatron wrote: »
    If you're plagued with Myo-fascial Trigger points (MTrp's) you need to start looking at your breathing pattern, if you're a shallow/upper chest breather this will be a major contributing factor to why you're plagued by them! A good Hdip Neuromuscular Physical therapist will be able to advise you on this as MTrp's are the basis of the course. Robbie Bourke in Ultimate Performance is suppose to be class & has completed the above course (a long with a load of others).

I hate Robbie. Any time I spend time around him I feel like a moron. He's a good friend and couldn't recommend him highly enough.

He did an interview with Louie Simmons from WSBB today for god sake.

• Advertisement
Advertisement