Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my missus coming over from aus. tips, advice?

Options
  • 07-06-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

my dad owns a campervan, missus is aussie and shes coming july for a month, only have the van for one week so want to take her around the west coast of ireland but my caming experience is limited to say the least
    just looking for tips /advice on where to go, what places to look out for, what facilities we should expect in a campsite

thanks in advance:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FickMoley

so in a campervan forum and specifically a camping location subforum, not one forummer can recommend me anything ???
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

FickMoley wrote: »
    so in a campervan forum and specifically a camping location subforum, not one forummer can recommend me anything ???
    :confused:

The Beara Peninsula. Most beautiful place on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dalyhayes

Hi, Will try to remedy the lack of response.
    Try this site for campsites
    http://www.camping-ireland.ie

Personally recommend the following -Battlebridge just outside Leitrim Village, Campsite at Westport House, Ballincourty House Glen of Aherlow.
    Stayed in all of these, and they have good clean facilities and pub/restaurant close by, and located in places of lovely scenery for walks etc

Hope this is useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Actons, Clifden (if the weather is good). Private beach, limited number of pitches (but not due to size of site), I could go on but just google it for reviews.....
    Mannix Point, Caherciveen, Co. kerry. On the edge of the water, very relaxed site, Valentia island next door (by ferry)...again google the reviews.

Advertisement