Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung American fridge not working.

Options
  • 07-06-2013 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi I have a Samsung RSH1DTMH and it seems the cooling in the fridge has stopped working also the water supply won't work either. The freezer works fine not a problem with that at the moment but I'm getting temperatures of around 13 degrees on the fridge section does anyone have an idea whats wrong? I've contacted Samsung on the matter but as you know it's late right now and I don't know when I'll hear back from them. It's probably under warranty but cause of the hot weather I really want this sorted asap. Also if it helps there was a grinding noise a couple of days ago from the fan, I haven't heard it since though. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

Also if it's a problem I can't fix myself does anyone know a good electrician in the Bray area who would be good at fixing a problem like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparcocars

Theres a panel inside the fridge just above the drawers at the back of the fridge, it has a small vent on each side of it. Behind that there is a fan, this gets iced up all around the fan and stops it. Its a common fault with these fridges. Get a hair drier to the panel and melt the ice behind it and then remove the panel and clear all the ice out by melting and scraping it. More than likely the fan motor will be burnt out. Samsung have an extended warranty on this fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

where did you buy it? we had a similar problem with ours (very similar model) and we called Harvey Norman where we bought it and they put us onto the Samsung service department and they sent someone out to fix it in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

sparcocars wrote: »
    Theres a panel inside the fridge just above the drawers at the back of the fridge, it has a small vent on each side of it. Behind that there is a fan, this gets iced up all around the fan and stops it. Its a common fault with these fridges. Get a hair drier to the panel and melt the ice behind it and then remove the panel and clear all the ice out by melting and scraping it. More than likely the fan motor will be burnt out. Samsung have an extended warranty on this fault.

This is exacty the problem. Do it yourself in about 30 mins or wait for repair call.

Advertisement