Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europlex Signet and Pyronix Deltabell Plus

Options
  • 07-06-2013 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

I've just purchased two Pyronix Deltabell Plus bells one for the front of the house and one for the back and would like them to both be live/active.

My control panel is a Europlex Signet 200 (IP)

After reading the Pyronix install manual and the Signet manual I'm struggling to work out which connector on the panel needs to go to which connector on the bell to set both bells up as active.

Pyronix Delta Plus diagram has the following connectors:

BACKLIGHT DISABLE
    T (diagram shows this linked to -12v)
    T
    ENG HOLD
    STB
    BELL
    + 12v
    - 12v

Europlex Signet 200 diagram has the following connectors:

+ Strobe
    - Strobe
    Hold Off
    Tamper Return
    Unused?
    - Bell
    + Bell

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Carbon Fibre

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

All the + are the same so it doesn't really matter which you connect.

BACKLIGHT DISABLE - Leave this disconnected
    T -(diagram shows this linked to -12v) Connect this to BHO in the panel
    T- Connect this onto the T above on the second bell and then connect this from the second bell to Tamper Return on the panel in series with the 2.2 resistor.
    ENG HOLD - Leave this disconnected.
    STB connect both to strobe -
    BELL
    + 12v - connect both to Bell +
    - 12v - Connect both to Aux -

Also on the delta bell don't forget you need to switch the battery link to internal.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Carbon Fibre

Hi KoolKid,

The two T terminals on the Pyronix I assume are tamper, are they both the same. Connecting them as you suggested I should end up with the tampers in series back to the panel if I've understood correctly.

Many thanks for that info I will bench this up and test to make sure I get it right before I fix the bells up.

I'm also in need of a backup battery for the Signet 200 (IP) panel, any suggestions on what capacity I should fit. Currently no battery so not sure what should be fitted.

Kind Regards

Carbon Fibre

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Correct but the BHO must go to the top one & the return from the second one to the panel must be the bottom one with the resistor in series with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Carbon Fibre

Thanks KoolKid that makes it clear to me.

Kind regards

Carbon Fibre

Advertisement