Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***History Exam Wed***

Options
  • 07-06-2013 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

You people prepared? Started the cramming? Worried? What are you aiming for? I'm aiming for an A, I got 83% on mocks and I did a really bad mistake which costed me 12marks, so i'm confident an A is achieveable.

Happy cramming! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

I plan to start cramming over the weekend so many people in history accounts to learn.. the documents and short q's will be grand, I'm gonna make sure I know a good few people in history accounts off very well and I might even do some notes and post them here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jpr57852

In the last section, you have to do two of the four questions. For the first question, it's usually the Renaissance, Reformation, and a bunch of other things. Which chapters can come up? Is it exclusively syllabus II content? I'm worried because I'm relying on international relations and some other question. I've heard social change is a bad choice, and I'd rather read the bible than learn Irish history, so it's either social change or the first question.

Anybody have any tips/notes/advice?

Oh, and anyone know what might come up for the people in history questions this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ConorD21

Im guessing columbus and luther will come up , thats what im banking on anyways

International releations :O would be my bet -cough

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

I got 80% in the mocks but our teacher gave us hints to what was coming up so I knew exactly want to study
    I really want to get an A in the JC though so I need to start studying really hard haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LawdyLad

History is one subject that I am genuinely prepared for thank god. Hoping for an A as none of my exams so far have went well.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

I just posted a good few accounts here, if anyone is interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Monaghan hardy lawd

Got 90% percent in the mocks, I should have got less cus i mixed up eoin o duffy with eoin mc neil! examiner didn't even notice

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Junior cert1997

Got 94% in the mocks so I am hoping to get an a if all goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Can anyone tell me what can come up on Q 6 (A) ?
    I know there's a lot of stuff but I'm planning on answering this question and need to know what to study!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

2006 International relations: account - 12m
    -Britain between the wars

What are you supposed to write about for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Monaghan hardy lawd

Can anyone tell me what can come up on Q 6 (A)
    From the top...
    you could be asked to write an account about...
    Ireland's first settlers
    The first farmers
    The bronze age
    A monk in early christian ireland
    How celtic society is organised (ri, derbhine, warriors etc)
    Live in celtic Irelend
    Roman houses
    Roman entertainment and leisure
    Roman slaves
    Roman food
    Roman army
    This is going to be a really long post isn't it
    Roman burial and funeral stuff
    Roman achievements (latin language)
    The feudal system
    Medieval castles
    Lord and Lady of a castle
    A Knight
    Rreeaallllllllyy long post!
    Medieval towns
    medieval craftsmen (ie.stages of training)
    Medieval monastery
    Causes of renaissance
    Changes in art during renaissance
    painter from italy ie. da vinci
    painter not from italy ie. Durer
    the printing press
    Galileo
    Shakespeare
    That is alot of material so i advise you to do Q6 C (political developments in ireland) and Q6 D (Political delevopments in europe).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

multimate wrote: »
    2006 International relations: account - 12m
    -Britain between the wars

What are you supposed to write about for this?
    Write about The Battle Of Britain and D-Day. :p and maybe include some things like the B.O.M.B which was used to encrypt german enigima codes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

From the top...
    you could be asked to write an account about...
    Ireland's first settlers
    The first farmers
    The bronze age
    A monk in early christian ireland
    How celtic society is organised (ri, derbhine, warriors etc)
    Live in celtic Irelend
    Roman houses
    Roman entertainment and leisure
    Roman slaves
    Roman food
    Roman army
    This is going to be a really long post isn't it
    Roman burial and funeral stuff
    Roman achievements (latin language)
    The feudal system
    Medieval castles
    Lord and Lady of a castle
    A Knight
    Rreeaallllllllyy long post!
    Medieval towns
    medieval craftsmen (ie.stages of training)
    Medieval monastery
    Causes of renaissance
    Changes in art during renaissance
    painter from italy ie. da vinci
    painter not from italy ie. Durer
    the printing press
    Galileo
    Shakespeare
    That is alot of material so i advise you to do Q6 C (political developments in ireland) and Q6 D (Political delevopments in europe).

Ok thanks so much! Haha I don't know one thing about Irish history so I'm gonna have to just hope a nice question comes up on 6 A! I'm doing Q6 D though :)

Thanks

Guys I just noticed something on Q6 Social Changes in History POLITICAL DEVELOPMENTS IN TWENTIETH-CENTURY IRELAND nearly always come up, gonna go get prepared :P History is more predictable than I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Would love if reformer and artist came up in people in history! What are the chances though..:rolleyes:
    Anyone doing History for LC? It was the only subject I knew I wanted to do when picking subjects, love it! :D

Well I'm doing TY next year, but I do plan on dong it for the LC. I'm not doing it for points that too, but I love the subject in general :p

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭abcdefghijkl

Im guessing columbus and luther will come up , thats what im banking on anyways
    Do you mean you think that an Explorer and a Reformer will come up? 'Cause they never ask for a specific person in the People in History section, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Would love if reformer and artist came up in people in history! What are the chances though..:rolleyes:
    Anyone doing History for LC? It was the only subject I knew I wanted to do when picking subjects, love it! :D

Yep doing history for the LC. Love it, it's a great little subject :D Can't wait to do my history project *greedily rubs hands together*

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Yep doing history for the LC. Love it, it's a great little subject :D Can't wait to do my history project *greedily rubs hands together*

Me too, I'm already trying to think of ideas for my project... I want to do something totally obscure :P

• Advertisement

Maybe, dunno yet.:pac:

Do it for the craic! We'll probably be complaining about the amount of essays we'll have to learn though :pac:

Do it for the craic! We'll probably be complaining about the amount of essays we'll have to learn though :pac:
    Learning essays is easy :p. I have subject choices, I think I might have to ditch italian in school for history ...

Have you not picked your subjects yet? :eek:

Learning essays is easy :p. I have subject choices, I think I might have to ditch italian in school for history ...

Depends whether you want to have an extra language or not I suppose:P

Have you not picked your subjects yet? :eek:
    I'm doing Ty so we don't get to pick yet. But the choices stay almost the same every year, and this year it was Italian, French or History. XD. Should I ditch Italian and do Russian/Japanese outside school? :p Hard choices ..

I'm doing Ty so we don't get to pick yet. But the choices stay almost the same every year, and this year it was Italian, French or History. XD. Should I ditch Italian and do Russian/Japanese outside school? :p Hard choices ..

Oooh their hard languages especially having to learn a new alphabet is a b**** French is sort-of close to Italian (both romance languages) and I'm sure theres plenty of French grind teachers in your area of Dublin. Or you could learn over youtube videos, myself I watch French films, read Wikipedia articles in French and talk to my French pals :P

Oooh their hard languages especially having to learn a new alphabet is a b**** French is sort-of close to Italian (both romance languages) and I'm sure theirs plenty of French grind teachers in your area of Dublin. Or you could learn over youtube videos, myself I watch French films, read Wikipedia articles in French and talk to my French pals :P
    Io amo parlare l'italiano! :p
    I love speaking Italian. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 topbloke

I did well in the pre but realistically I knew what was coming up, I have no work ethic about the junior though so I'll cram on the morning as I don't do French. So yeah, we got this... thinking solid B

• Advertisement

Slightly freaking out for this, even though I got 95% in the mocks I feel like I haven't covered enough WW2 stuff and Irish Politics from the 60's onwards :(

Advertisement