Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Dentist?

Options
  • 08-06-2013 6:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there are any dentists in town that are open during the weekend and take emergency, first time patients?

I think I'm in dire need of getting a wisdom tooth removed. In the past twelve hours it's gone from a mild, dull ache to half my face and my salivary gland becoming swollen and terrible pain that has spread to my eye socket and down my neck. HELP!

Edit: Also if they take medical card holders that would be great but not a necessity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

don't know about any dentists in town but I use sorcha white in tramore and find her to be excellent. they are open by appointment on Saturdays but i'm sure if you rang them, they could fit you in.
    also they accept medical cards.

here's a link to their website http://www.tramoredental.ie/aboutus.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

If its getting that bad ring the emergency doc, they will advice you what to do, at a guess i would say if they cant sort it for you then they will send you to WRH they might have someone there to deal with it, But get onto the Emergency doc first, I hope you get it sorted and good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

JenniFurr wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are any dentists in town that are open during the weekend and take emergency, first time patients?

I think I'm in dire need of getting a wisdom tooth removed. In the past twelve hours it's gone from a mild, dull ache to half my face and my salivary gland becoming swollen and terrible pain that has spread to my eye socket and down my neck. HELP!

Edit: Also if they take medical card holders that would be great but not a necessity.

Jenni, sounds like a mare, any luck with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

Max Powers wrote: »
    Jenni, sounds like a mare, any luck with it?

I tried ringing a few places and had no luck. I was prepared to pay whatever to get it sorted but as soon as I mentioned that I had a medical card they acted like they didn't have the time. I guess nobody wants to work at the weekend without getting cash straight away.

I went to the pharmacy instead and got some codeine painkillers and took them with a sleeping tablet on got on prescription ages ago. It did the trick since I slept soundly for about twelve hours. I think I'll just deal with the pain until I can get an appointment tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I tried ringing a few places and had no luck. I was prepared to pay whatever to get it sorted but as soon as I mentioned that I had a medical card they acted like they didn't have the time. I guess nobody wants to work at the weekend without getting cash straight away.

I went to the pharmacy instead and got some codeine painkillers and took them with a sleeping tablet on got on prescription ages ago. It did the trick since I slept soundly for about twelve hours. I think I'll just deal with the pain until I can get an appointment tomorrow.

You should have gone to the caredoc and seen what they could have done for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I was prepared to pay whatever to get it sorted but as soon as I mentioned that I had a medical card they acted like they didn't have the time.

Did you say that to them that you were willing to pay whatever to get you out of agony?

If your face is that badly swollen you'll need a few days antibiotics into you before getting that tooth out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Something similar happened to me a while back. Half my tooth fell away and got a dentist (won't say who!) that looked at it, tried to rebuild it but still left me in agony. Two days later I was back so he removed the tooth altogether. I thought I'd be fine then but spent nearly the whole weekend in agony until I went to the the CareDoc who told me that I had an infected gum and by removing the tooth the dentist had opened up the infection and made it worse. Had to get antibiotics and would never go near that dentist again. Cost me a small fortune between the two visits to him, the CareDoc, the medication etc. Pissed me right off.

I feel your pain, hope you get it sorted.

Advertisement