Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is sex in a graveyard/church wrong?

• 08-06-2013 7:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

its dead wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

They're not all dead in a church though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Between 2 consenting (and living) adults, nope. As long as it's discrete from people who don't want to see. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's disrespectful to those interred there. Leave the dead alone.

Thanks just making sure

• Advertisement

But like I don't mind if they do it to on me in 100 years or whenever so, I think it's ok then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Those interred there know no better, as long as you aren't desecrating any corpses, no one is any the wiser or worse off :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

It's wrong if you get caught by a Garda. It's a criminal offence to commit a lewd act in a public place, so be careful before you get amorous ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

It's wrong if you get caught by a Garda. It's a criminal offence to commit a lewd act in a public place.

It's classy when I do it.

Those interred there know no better, as long as you aren't desecrating any corpses, no one is any the wiser or worse off :)

That's true, what you don't know won't hurt you (them)

• Advertisement

It's not on in my opinion, when I'm decomposing in a six foot pit I don't want some pair of drunken morons conceiving a child in my vicinity. Rest in Peace is the tag line they sell us, I don't want any of that carry on in my graveyard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

OP, you posted a thread before, asking do women like rough sex.

Maybe you need to go have a ****?

It's not on in my opinion, when I'm decomposing in a six foot pit I don't want some pair of drunken morons conceiving a child in my vicinity. Rest in Peace is the tag line they sell us, I don't want any of that carry on in my graveyard.

Not necessarily drunk or having a kid just fun, it shouldn't bother a dead person, but if a dead person is worried about it too much, then they get cremated instead,

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    OP, you posted a thread before, asking do women like rough sex.

Maybe you need to go have a ****?

Rough in a graveyard wud be the perfect combo then,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

nails1 wrote: »
    Not necessarily drunk or having a kid just fun, it shouldn't bother a dead person, but if a dead person is worried about it too much, then they get cremated instead,

Or get burried with ear plugs.

You should stick to having sex under your bridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Opinions?

Wrong.

Your opinion?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

It depends what hole you put it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Put it this way if i heard someone had had sex on or near a loved ones grave id be digging a fresh hole for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Leave the dead alone. Whether you believe in God or not is irrelevant, the graveyard is considered to be the final resting place. A little respect isn't too much to expect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

How awkward would it be if you were riding someone and you turn around to discover you did it on your grandmothers grave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Enough about the dead and whether they exist or not. Leave religion out of it. What about families of the dead. No justifying it IMO. If you do it, do it near or on your own family graves. Leave other peoples place of grief alone. I'm very confused how anyone could justify discretion another family's/person grave.

There is a video on Youtube of a nutter dancing on C. Haughey's grave in the news years ago. Found that concept disgusting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 J.Garfield

Genuine question because I can't fathom someone that genuinely believes this... when you're decomposing in a six foot pit do you really think you will be capable of caring that some drunken moron is having sex beside your corpse?? Do you find it any different from the process that created yourself into this world??

In fairness it is not something I would do but it's seriously deranged to realistically think of this as an issue, yes it's classless and tacky but that's all nothing more nothing less.

As I have always said when I die burn me and throw me in the bin, when your gone your gone. People way over think this kind of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

If its good enough for Ed Gein its good enough for me.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Put it this way if i heard someone had had sex on or near a loved ones grave id be digging a fresh hole for them

Why???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Opinions?

It's not the job in fairness. Have you a fetish or something? Could you not just go to a field and pretend its a graveyard?

Rasheed wrote: »
    It's not the job in fairness. Have you a fetish or something? Could you not just go to a field and pretend its a graveyard?

I understand where you are trying to come from, but in your opinion what is the issue other than disrespect for the dead that will never know??

J.Garfield wrote: »
    Genuine question because I can't fathom someone that genuinely believes this... when you're decomposing in a six foot pit do you really think you will be capable of caring that some drunken moron is having sex beside your corpse?? Do you find it any different from the process that created yourself into this world??

In fairness it is not something I would do but it's seriously deranged to realistically think of this as an issue, yes it's classless and tacky but that's all nothing more nothing less.

As I have always said when I die burn me and throw me in the bin, when your gone your gone. People way over think this kind of ****e.

It's just something you don't do. I view honour and respect as important principles of life, keep your word and treat everyone as best you can as long as they show you the same.

In death everybody deserves to rest in peace. It would deeply upset me if somebody behaved in such a manner by my families plot. Whether if I'm in there with them are still up here. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The dead don't care. The bricks and mortar in the church don't care. It's the people who get offended and upset. Their feelings are the deciding factor, not the place or anything else that has no feelings.

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Are the sand dunes in dollymount not kinky enough for ya? Whats the turn on about a church or graveyard specifically. O_O

I understand where you are trying to come from, but in your opinion what is the issue other than disrespect for the dead that will never know??

Well it doesn't show much respect for the people who have loved ones buried there. If I go in to my family's plot, I wouldn't like to think some pair were riding on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Is sex in a graveyard/church wrong?

Only if you're having sex with one of the residents..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Depends on if you're the priest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

Is it that you're stuck for a venue or is it something that gets you going?

I'd say belt away but best to do it during the hymns unless you're both really quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Okay you're an atheist we get it. So am I. You really are going wayover the top here. I personally would be disgusted at the notion of this behaviour near a family members grave. If you want to do it, do it on your own family plots. Graves are private property. Youre right who cares about the corpse but what about the family? They own the land. Its their place to grieve. What twisted logic gives the person the notion that trespassing on a private, sacred place is okay and not wrong. Just because you don't respect the dead doesn't give you the right to openly discrete a place many hold dear. Religious and Irreligious. Its tasteless,pointless, unnecessary and shows utter contempt for the deceased and family. People arent over thinking this. They are decent and respectful. You are twisting logic way too much. It is "an issue" if scum want to do such a thing in a place i come to grieve. Maybe leaving condoms on the grave ain't an issue to you either but it would be to me.

Just because you dont seem to care about your own future corpse doesnt mean jack shit in the way gone loved ones corpses can be treated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Opinions?

My opinion is that you should give your own opinion in a thread you start yourself and if you continue to try to troll AH, it won't be long before a ban comes your way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Meritocracy Wins

Sex in a grave yard is wrong. Why? It's disrespectful. I don't care what your beliefs are, it's people's final resting place and should be respected as such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

there is plenty of stiffs in a graveyard already, one more wont hurt

and there has been plenty of sex in churches over the years at least yours will (hopefully) be consensual

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

LizT wrote: »
    My opinion is that you should give your own opinion in a thread you start yourself and if you continue to try to troll AH, it won't be long before a ban comes your way.

My opinion is that you should give your opinion of him giving an opinion while giving an opinion on that proposed opinion but give your opinion in the mean time anyway. In my opinion.

OP , whats wrong with you?/ Its sick, thats what it is, never mind wrong its sick. Sure why would you want to?

Catch ye doing it near any of my dead, and Ill cut your balls off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

To answer a question with a question -

Op do you think its ok if someone crept into your mothers/sisters room at night while she was asleep and started stroking it, inches from her face. Then mock tea-bagging her as she snored.

Nobody would ever know.

(well almost nobody)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I really never got this whole "Ooh you haven't lived till you've had sex outdoors!" nonsense. Any girl I've ever talked to that has had sex in a field has complained of grass in her ass, on the beach- sand in her vag, etc, and from having had numerous outdoor encounters myself-

We don't have the fcuking weather for it in Ireland in the first place, so why anyone would be stupid enough to try it in a graveyard where they're infested with all sorts of insect life deserves everything they get. What comfort anyone gets from rolling around on dirty gravel is beyond me anyway.

Whatever the morals of the idea, it's more the practical concerns that'd bother me, just keep it in your pants til you get indoors, then knock yourself out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

nah done it meself when the ex knew she couldn get some cos her sister had crashed in her bed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I really never got this whole "Ooh you haven't lived till you've had sex outdoors!" nonsense. Any girl I've ever talked to that has had sex in a field has complained of grass in her ass, on the beach- sand in her vag, etc, and from having had numerous outdoor encounters myself-

We don't have the fcuking weather for it in Ireland in the first place, so why anyone would be stupid enough to try it in a graveyard where they're infested with all sorts of insect life deserves everything they get. What comfort anyone gets from rolling around on dirty gravel is beyond me anyway.

Whatever the morals of the idea, it's more the practical concerns that'd bother me, just keep it in your pants til you get indoors, then knock yourself out!

If only it was some how possible for people to have sex standing up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Its just plain wrong. The practise of a disturbed individual. And highly disrespectful to religious people, dead or alive.

Good craic though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Czarcasm wrote: »

Try telling 16 year old me that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

why would you even want to exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

well nobody burried there will know, people go to graveyards to be buried and being dead is usually a necessity [although bolivia is different apparently, some get buried alive there] so anyone in a graveyard is dead not asleep

would people be equally as offended if two squirrels or rabbits were riding in there too on one of their relatives graves?

IM0 wrote: »
    would people be equally as offended if two squirrels or rabbits were riding in there too on one of their relatives graves?

Yeah, because that's exactly the same as two people riding on a grave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Arawn wrote: »
    If only it was some how possible for people to have sex standing up....

It's still crap though, too much effort and uncomfortable as fcuk! :pac:

**Vai** wrote: »
    Try telling 16 17 year old me that.

Shhh... :D

IM0 wrote: »

As if squirrels and rabbits now are supposed to know better than human beings? Come on! :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement