Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Accounts :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Very good accounts, time to revise them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ceeks_98

Does anyone have predictions for Q5(c) & 6?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭abcdefghijkl

I think the Age of Revolutions may come up for question 5, so I'm making sure to learn the causes and consequences of each revolution well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ceeks_98

I think the Age of Revolutions may come up for question 5, so I'm making sure to learn the causes and consequences of each revolution well.

thanks, ugh I hate revolutions

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wiefi

I'm going to post a bunch of these later tonight, any in particular that people want to see?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Wiefi wrote: »
    I'm going to post a bunch of these later tonight, any in particular that people want to see?
    I'm okay :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Coyg2210

Hey, guys so far I have: Luther, Magellan and Romans in my back pocket for people in history, I think i'll learn two or three more, what do you reccommend they should be?

Also is reformation predicted for 6a)?

What is likely to come up on 6d)?

Hopefully i'll have enough time to cram and get an A :)

Haha i also have the whole morning to study as im doing German, lucky me

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

The Mother and Child Scheme
    -Scheme suggested by Dr.Noel Brown who was in the First Inter Party Government
    -Dr.Noel Brown was from the original party of Clan na Poblachta
    -His first tuberculosis scheme when well
    -When he suggested the mother and child scheme many doctors opposed cause they wouldn't be getting income from patients
    -the scheme would have gave free health care to mothers and children under 16
    -John McQuaid an important figure in the church opposed this and played a huge role in preventing it
    -John McQuaid believed it was wrong to get involved in private family affairs
    -Dr.Noel Browne left the party in disgust when they opposed the mother and child scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

Oooh yes I lost some of my flashcards :(

Maybe Age of Revolutions, Plantations and Age of Exploration since they're tipped to come up..? I dunno :P

The Holocaust
    -also known as the Shaoh-Destruction
    -this refers to the 6 million Jews Killed in Nazi Germany
    -Hitler first passed Nuremberg laws
    -He then slowly rounded them in ghettos which was a special place where only Jews could live
    -From the Ghettos he sent them to concentration camps
    -In these concentration camps which Hitler referred to as "Work Camps" the old were gassed to death
    -The young were put to work and when they were weak and tired they were also gassed
    -Examples of these camps are Treblinka and Auschwitz.
    -Hitler also sent gays,gypsies and disabled people to these concentration camps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

If age of exploration comes up I'll be so happy, but they came up last year so I wouldn't bank on it.

Actually, Wiefi, can you write a paragraph for developments during the Renassiance:
    -Architecture(10m)
    -Science and Medicine(10m)

:D

Actually, Wiefi, can you write a paragraph for developments during the Renassiance:
    -Architecture(10m)
    -Science and Medicine(10m)

:D

I've posted those ones already owo

As for the rest I'll get cracking later tonight!

if anyone wants me to post something just ask :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

if anyone wants me to post something just ask :)

Political development during the 1960s please :p (irish history)

Just going to type up a few of my flashcards, they might help somebody :))

The Anglo-Irish Treaty. 1921 (2012, 2010)
    • De Valera and Lyod George call ceasefire
    • Arthur Griffith, Michael Collins, Cathal de Brugha
    • Llyod George, Winston Churchill, Lord Birkenhead
    • October to December 1921, two sides, in London
    • October to December 1921, signed the treaty
    • Terms; Ireland still part of british commonwealth, members of the Dáil and Seanad take an oath of allegiance to the king of England, treaty ports
    • Pro-treaty = Collins, Griffith – unable to carry on a war any longer, stepping stone, more independence than Home Rule
    • Anti-treaty = de Valera, de Brugha – not republic, better terms could have been negotiated, oath of allegiance
    • Dáil debates from December 1921 – Jan 1922
    • 7th January 1922,
    • Pro-treaty wins by a majority of 7
    • De Valera resigns as president and leaves the Dáil

The Impact of Exploration on native populations in the New World (2005)
    • Pizzaro conquered Aztecs. Aztec empire in Mexico destroyed.
    • Cortez conquered Incas. Inca empire in Peru destroyed.
    • European settlers used the native Indian peoples as slaves on their estates/in mines
    • Many Indians were worked to death
    • Europeans brought many new diseases to the new world eg. The influenza. Natives hadn’t been exposed to these before and so many died
    • The Europeans threatened to kill the natives if they didn’t convert to their religion (Christianity). Many of the natives changed religion (many didn’t change religion and were killed)
    • The native americans were forced to give up their culture and live the way the Europeans lived
    • Europeans brought their language, laws, dress, art and architecture to the lands they conquered

Could someone do The Shannon Scheme? My teacher skipped a big setion in the book to do with Irish History and I want to be able to do the Question as back up if I can't do Q6A. Thanks in advance xxx

claryfray wrote: »
    Could someone do The Shannon Scheme? My teacher skipped a big setion in the book to do with Irish History and I want to be able to do the Question as back up if I can't do Q6A. Thanks in advance xxx

I will wait 5 minutes till I type up what I know :D

I will wait 5 minutes till I type up what I know :D

Thank you <333

• Advertisement

The Shannon Scheme
    -The Shannon Scheme was one of Cumman na Gaedheal's great achievements.
    -1929 Cumman na Gaedheal built Ireland's first dam on the Shannon at Ardnacrusha, Clare
    -Along with this it set up the ESB to carry the electric power of the Shannon to other parts of the country
    -The scheme was expensive and it would have cost the country a lot of money if it failed. It cost around 6 million euros
    -The scheme was successful and it brought a lot of electricity and in encouraged industry in Ireland

Causes of the French Revolution

The Enlightenment; Writers such as Jean Jacques Rosseau and Voltaire wrote about how the people of a country should be the ones to rule it. They promoted ideas of democracy and freedom.

The American Revolution; French Involvement in the American Revolution caused bankruptcy in France. French generals like the Marquis de Lafayette returned home with ideas of revolution and freedom and would later help lead the French Revolution.

An unfairly divided society; France was broken up into three social groups or estates. The first and second estates consisted of clergy and nobles while the third estate consisted of everyone else. The third estate had to pay all the taxes. When France went under debt King Louis set up the estates general. This would later lead to his downfall

A weak monarchy; King Louis was a weak king in a time of crisis. He lived a lavish life while most of France lived in poverty. His wife queen Antoinette was unpopular as she was Austrian.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

by any chance do you have notes of social change in Ireland - sport and recreation? :)

The Enlightenment; Writers such as Jean Jacques Rosseau and Voltaire wrote about how the people of a country should be the ones to rule it. They promoted ideas of democracy and freedom.

The American Revolution; French Involvement in the American Revolution caused bankruptcy in France. French generals like the Marquis de Lafayette returned home with ideas of revolution and freedom and would later help lead the French Revolution.

An unfairly divided society; France was broken up into three social groups or estates. The first and second estates consisted of clergy and nobles while the third estate consisted of everyone else. The third estate had to pay all the taxes. When France went under debt King Louis set up the estates general. This would later lead to his downfall

A weak monarchy; King Louis was a weak king in a time of crisis. He lived a lavish life while most of France lived in poverty. His wife queen Antoinette was unpopular as she was Austrian.
    Could you do developments in Architecture and Science during the Renassiance?

Causes of the Age of Explorations

Wealth: Monarchs and rulers in Europe wanted to become rich from exploiting new lands. Many were willing to sponsor voyages so that they could profit from the raw materials bought back.

Power: People wanted to be able to exploit new lands and turn them into colonies. They wanted to control more land by gaining colonies (pretty much the same as wealth so you can mix them together uwu)

A Questioning Spirit: People became more curious about the world around them, especially after the renaissance. They wanted to discover new lands and learn new cultures.

Religion: The spread of Christianity was a major cause of the age of explorations. Many countries wanted to spread Christianity to new lands and colonies.

Could you do developments in Architecture and Science during the Renassiance?

I've done those already :U
    They're in the first few pages of the thread I think

Thank you so much! I find your notes really useful <3
    From people's posts I am even more convinced that Revolutions, Age of Exploration and Plantations is coming up so your notes on that are reallyy helpful...thanks again!

The Irish War of Independence

-Sinn Fein took on a passive resistance against the British
    -The IRA led guerrilla campaigns
    -Micheal Collins was an intelligence officer during the time. He led a group called The Squad. They assassinated British Spies.
    -Flying Columns were local units of the IRA. They led ambushes on British barracks and took their weapons for their own use.
    -Bloody Sunday was the worst event of the Irish War of Independence. It was when when 12 people were assassinated and the British open fired in croke park and one of the players died.

Anyone have anymore notes on this one? I'm not sure whether this is all accurate ;-;

The Emergency

-Ireland decided to remain neutral during World War II. They remained neutral because they wanted to show how they were really independent from Britain, Ireland was too weak and unready to join and they were still bitter over the war of independence.
    -Ireland army grew from 20,000 to 250,000. The IRA was seen as a threat to neutrality.
    -Media was censored and unbiased. Even so, they still favoured the Allies e.g allowing British soldier to travel back to Britain through Northern Ireland but imprisoning Germans.
    -Emergency Powers Act 1919: Gave Irish government control over Ireland during World War II
    -Food and other supplies were rationed heavily. People used ration books. Glimmer men travelled from home to home making sure people weren't using too much electricity
    -Many Irish travelled to Britain to work in British ammunition factories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 dodo97

Hey, could someone please post as many notes as they can on long answer or paragraph answers for The Age Of Revolutions? thanks

Advertisement