Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade old webmail

Options
  • 08-06-2013 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there

My parents have the old webmail and the half GB quota.  Their email filled up and they weren't receiving email for a while.  I fixed that up but can I get them upgraded to the 5GB quota and new webmail interface?  Let me know where to send their details,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sandboy

sandboy wrote: »
    Hi there

My parents have the old webmail and the half GB quota.  Their email filled up and they weren't receiving email for a while.  I fixed that up but can I get them upgraded to the 5GB quota and new webmail interface?  Let me know where to send their details,

Thanks
    Can anybody from Eircom reply to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

sandboy wrote: »
    Can anybody from Eircom reply to me?
    Hi sandboy

Sorry your question was not responded to. Please contact email support on 1890260260 if you are an eircom broadband customer or 1530277100 if you are not an eircom broadband customer. We are unable to offer email support from here but email support on the numbers I advised can help.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Hi Alan,

I have the exact same problem as sandboy. My parents have had an eircom email address since as far back as 1995 - they had the original tinit.ie email address. I discovered that they also have not been upgraded to the newer type webmail. Strangely enough, my eircom.net email which I obtained just 10 years ago (or so), is the more modern version. 

Both my parents and myself are not eircom customers anymore, but they would consider their eircom email address to be their only contactable email, as it has been for so long. 

I rang both the numbers you stated there (on July 17th). The first number gave me the 1530 number. The answer I received on the 1530 number was that they were changing over all the webmail accounts to the newer style bit by bit. When I told the guy on the phone that they had probably one of the oldest Irish eircom emails, and was there no way he could get this sorted, he told me no, there was definitely no way he could do anything. 

So if they can't help - where can I ring or write to if needs be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

coffeepls wrote: »
    Hi Alan,

I have the exact same problem as sandboy. My parents have had an eircom email address since as far back as 1995 - they had the original tinit.ie email address. I discovered that they also have not been upgraded to the newer type webmail. Strangely enough, my eircom.net email which I obtained just 10 years ago (or so), is the more modern version. 

Both my parents and myself are not eircom customers anymore, but they would consider their eircom email address to be their only contactable email, as it has been for so long. 

I rang both the numbers you stated there (on July 17th). The first number gave me the 1530 number. The answer I received on the 1530 number was that they were changing over all the webmail accounts to the newer style bit by bit. When I told the guy on the phone that they had probably one of the oldest Irish eircom emails, and was there no way he could get this sorted, he told me no, there was definitely no way he could do anything. 

So if they can't help - where can I ring or write to if needs be?

Hi coffeepls

There has been ongoing work on the webmail platform and servers that is taking some time. I checked with broadband support and they advised as soon as we are issuing migrations of accounts onto the new platform they will let us know. Unfortunately there is no time frame at present.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement