Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else regret doing OL Maths?

• 08-06-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I think nearly half of the people I know doing OL dropped after being terrified by impossible HL SEC papers; and that paper one OL we got yesterday was probably ten times easier than the sample papers we'd be shown. Nearly everyone was finished and triple checked after forty minutes.

There wasn't even an algebra section!

After hearing how good the HL paper 1 was, does anyone regret dropping? :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Moromaster wrote: »
    I think nearly half of the people I know doing OL dropped after being terrified by impossible HL SEC papers; and that paper one OL we got yesterday was probably ten times easier than the sample papers we'd be shown. Nearly everyone was finished and triple checked after forty minutes.

There wasn't even an algebra section!

After hearing how good the HL paper 1 was, does anyone regret dropping? :cool:

I dropped back with about 2 weeks left in school and tbh I'm glad I did,,it takes a load of pressure of lf and I'm certain that I have a pass in maths (possibly an A after that ol paper 1 :D)
    Where as if I stuck with HL I wouldn't have time to take a badly needed rest today and I would be wondering about still pulling a pass out of the bag. For me I'm not regretting it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7 thecrazyninja

I did great, but didn't finish the paper, about 3 questions i missed out, but it was grandt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 JustForClarity

Directly after the exam and while listening to some people in higher level say how easy the paper was, I definitely regretted dropping to ordinary level at the end of fifth year. I think I could have passed and got those extra 25 points.

However, thinking about it more, I think my last year of school would have been much more stressful had I stuck with higher level. I don't need the extra points, as nice as they'd be, and dropping down allowed me to focus on my other subjects while never once having to worry about Maths for the first time in six years. I'm glad I dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

I dropped from HL after the mocks and I'm so glad I did. I was so relaxed doing the maths paper yesterday and it's really taken a lot of stress off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

I always felt since day 1 in fifth year that the 25 extra points would be lost on the other subjects so I'm definitely not regretting it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

It was easier than Junior Cert haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jordan537

i think your all going to be shocked tomorrow by a very tough paper 2 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Jordan537 wrote: »

I'd be even more shocked to find they changed the paper to a Sunday ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I regret not doing the ordinary! :( I found the higher extremely difficult and hope paper two will bring me to a pass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 JustForClarity

Jordan537 wrote: »

The Leaving Cert has completely messed with my head and I was terrified there for a second that I had slept through Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Maths was invented to kill me.

Advertisement