Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Business 2013 Before/After**

• 08-06-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭

Just making a thread for the aul business!

I'd say there's going to be something in the abq like eu policies that will throw people off this year.

Sure best of luck to all of ye who are doing business! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

*prays for nice paper*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

just hoping the ABQ is not ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Haven't revised this at all, so a major cramming session planned for Wednesday. Hopefully we get a nice paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

*prays for horrible paper*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

*prays for horrible paper*
    :O NO!
    *Prays twice as hard for a nice paper*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    :O NO!
    *Prays twice as hard for a nice paper*

Fearing this the most the only business exam i passed was in the mocks.it seems easy in theory but then the papers seem so complicated! (for me anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Business isn't that bad, especially seeing as you can make it a lot shorter if you try. Focus on specific long questions which cover a certain unit, especially since you'll need a good knowledge of 5, 6 and 7 for the ABQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matt.finn

I think the business paper will either be lovely and general or tough as **** and awful,

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CapnCarlo

They've been cutting down on the number of points in the past few years it seems.

I mean, I know we don't bother on account of doing different units, but if you look at the past ABQs' marking schemes, the number of points required altogether has shrank over time.

But it really can be an on-the-day sort of job or pure unadulterated learning too I guess :P

It's such a weird paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mariecxx

really really really dreading this paper :/ all nighter id say..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

:(i'm a repeat and i took business up this year b/c i thought it would be 'handy',the mock ABQ was horrible :confused: hopefully the ABQ will be general enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LCstudent17

Any advice for studying? I have a day off tomorrow to do soo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

I'm going for the A lads. Business is my best subject, hoping I can improve on the B I got in the mock. Just need to focus on developing points and examples really.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

Aka English paper 3...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Tommorow=Business ALL day!

David086 wrote: »
    Aka English paper 3...

I'll write more for my business than I did for English :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone else think we should get the extra 20 minute thing for business? I need way more than the 3 hours :(

Anyone else think we should get the extra 20 minute thing for business? I need way more than the 3 hours :(

Just take the ABQ off ffs, what is the point of it?

Anyone have any advice on what and how to study?

Try units 5,6,7. Such an unpredictable paper. Look over cash flows it's tipped to come up and the EU with Ireland hosting the presidency this year.

• Advertisement

Try units 5,6,7. Such an unpredictable paper. Look over cash flows it's tipped to come up and the EU with Ireland hosting the presidency this year.

Thanks, ya EU is very likely.

Tip for everyone, make sure you know your liquidity and profitability ratio as they are the easiest marks to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

if i cover units 3,5,6,7 really well and study all past short ans questions would i get a A1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

MissD93 wrote: »
    if i cover units 3,5,6,7 really well and study all past short ans questions would i get a A1

Why are you leaving out unit 1? Its no of the shortest and by far often the easier question on the paper.

The ABQ is a no a comprehension. They dont want to see that your a up and coming writer. Its a normal question with a quote really

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maidhfinden

Just take the ABQ off ffs, what is the point of it?

WHAT IS THE POINT OF ANY OF IT? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

I'm studying a lot on the EU and its policies. I also say some calculations will he on it, like wage calculations. Theres no secret way to study, just open that book and learn the joys of market research :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Been putting this off outta fear..
    Dreading the next 12 hours now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 LCchancer

nothing is going in!! what can i leave out?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

gonna be a longggggggggggggggggggggg night!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Just going to go over the eu and the abq, and maybe past short questions. Find everything else easy.
    They better not have a stupid ABQ that is impossible to find relevant quotes, and any quotes that they do accept barley have any relevance!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

I hate ABQ's. It's actually the only thing I'm really worried about for tomorrow.

Advertisement