Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Business 2013 Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mayoman1995

Exchange Rate- The price of one currency expressed in terms of another currency.
    Interest Rate- The cost of borrowing money
    Taxation- Can be progressive or regressive
    Economic Growth- The increase in the value of goods and services...
    Inflation- Is measured by the CPI
    got last 2 mixed up u did

• Registered Users Posts: 12 onlineavatar

I don't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

rugrats wrote: »
    The impact on management after setting up a new website

I said controlling the image of the business and communicating with employees through web site emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

Owanea wrote: »
    I've a copy because there was a few spare when we left and we were left take them.

Did Q3 (a) part (ii) ask for the Balance of trade within one year or just the balance of trade?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

I quite like the paper, ABQ was perfect. I finished the SQ's 20 mins early, so I put that time into the ABQ.

Q3 was nice; tricky with BOT, BOIT and BOP if you didn't spot it.
    Q5 was too easy. 20 marks Tax Calculation was perfect.
    Q6 easy enough
    Q7 If I never hear the words "All Weather Wellis" again, I'll die a happy man.

Overall; nice, tough and too long. Nearly filled the booklet, 21 pages. Friend of mine filled on, and filled 2 of the extra sheets.

• Advertisement

KJY wrote: »
    Did Q3 (a) part (ii) ask for the Balance of trade within one year or just the balance of trade?

"Calculate the Balance of Payments figures for both years from the above data"
    As previous commentators have mentioned these figures will not be the same for the other three quarters of these years. I presumed they meant to work out the BOP for those quarters for both years. Badly worded question.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

As previous commentators have mentioned these figures will not be the same for the other three quarters of these years. I presumed they meant to work out the BOP for those quarters for both years. Badly worded question.

Agreed, it would have to be "estimate" if it was for the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Will that be the full 10 marks we lose? I might make a complaint to the SEC about it, if enough people notify them of the question then they might allow both answers to be correct. I don't want to lose a grade because of their inability to make clear unambiguous questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Yeah I'm pretty sure they'll allow full marks either way. I don't understand the purpose for specifying that it was for a quarter?

Will that be the full 10 marks we lose? I might make a complaint to the SEC about it, if enough people notify them of the question then they might allow both answers to be correct. I don't want to lose a grade because of their inability to make clear unambiguous questions.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure they'll allow full marks either way. I don't understand the purpose for specifying that it was for a quarter?

I reckon they'll accept both answers. Reason it's for a quarter I suspect is they plucked it straight from the CSO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

What questions did people do? I did question 1, 3, 4 and 5 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

Had to think about that for a minute myself in the exam, but no he got it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Thought the paper was really easy. Finished with half an hour left, bang on ready for my A.

Go outside, and realised I did questions 1, 2, 3 and 7. Never been more annoyed at myself. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Owanea

KJY wrote: »

I'm still convinced it just meant take the Balance of Invisible Trade defecits from the Balance of Trade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

I don't think so

Economic growth is no way the increase of value and goods its wrong

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

It was a pretty nice paper all things considered, loved the short questions
    Unfortunately I just wasnt prepared enough for it and my grade is going to have slid right down from the mocks :(

mossy95 wrote: »
    Economic growth is no way the increase of value and goods its wrong

Economic growth
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Economic growth is the increase in the amount of the goods and services produced by an economy over time."

I'm sorry, but you are in fact wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

That was a delicious paper. Short Qs easy as always, ABQ was an absolute beauty. Everything for each q was in each paragraph. Long Qs were a bit annoying as always but overall, a decent paper. I'd be happy with a high C :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 theoneguyy

Owanea wrote: »

I'm still convinced it just meant take the Balance of Invisible Trade defecits from the Balance of Trade

Surely you can't just assume the balance of trade for the whole year off just one quarter? I just subtracted one from the other

theoneguyy wrote: »
    Surely you can't just assume the balance of trade for the whole year off just one quarter? I just subtracted one from the other

Balance of Payments = Balance of Trade + Balance of Invisible Trade

So for 2012 you go: 10,004 + (-)6,729= 3,235

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

rugrats wrote: »
    The impact on management after setting up a new website

Software update costs.

training employees costs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I think this year they were trying to catch people out on the wording of the paper. Which is kinda ****ty because its a subject you either know it or you dont

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Owanea

Balance of Payments = Balance of Trade + Balance of Invisible Trade

So for 2012 you go: 10,004 + (-)6,729= 3,235

That's what I did anyway. Seemed the only logical thing to do

How do we complain? i dont want to lose a grade for thinking on the spot that the quarter thing implied i multiply it by 4

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

In fairness, the figure obviously won't be the same for all quarters. Thought it was an ok paper, the long questions weren't the best.

How do we complain? i dont want to lose a grade for thinking on the spot that the quarter thing implied i multiply it by 4

You get your results in august and appeal it I guess, i got an A last year cause I'm repeating and ill probably getting a B now. ill definitely appeal if they catch us out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

No, we'd have to bring it to their attention now so that they can change the marking scheme. Copper Pipe posted a link on the Maths thread. You give them your email and then write what you have to say in a space provided (I did it for Biology). They send you an email then that doesn't give much away, but the important thing is that they've been notified.

If I appeal results can I still get college offers and scholarships if the points go up high enough?

No, we'd have to bring it to their attention now so that they can change the marking scheme. Prodigious posted a link on the Maths thread. You give them your email and then write what you have to say in a space provided (I did it for Biology). They send you an email then that doesn't give much away, but the important thing is that they've been notified.

Can you post the link here too if you can find it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 ReemAddict

The short questions were reasonable, the ABQ was good but the long questions :O I felt like crying. I'm a B student but I genuinely couldn't answer one question properly or fully right. It drove me crazy. I kept switching questions. Utterly depressed. What was with the Leaving Cert this year, it was horrible. Usually its doable? The exams were worded terribly and looked rushed together to be honest. I hope I get into college! grrrrrr, stupid SEC!!

Advertisement