Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Business 2013 Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

That balance of payments question was just terrible and worded so badly. It didn't let you use your knowledge at all they were simply trying to confuse us.Lovely ABQ! but i don't think the abq can make up for those long questions :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11 aaron94

‘For a business to survive it needs to grow and expand.'
    Evaluate two methods of business expansion.''

For this one were you to talk about merging and takeovers or organic and inorganic growth? Thanks..

aaron94 wrote: »

For this one were you to talk about merging and takeovers or organic and inorganic growth? Thanks..

yea i think they should have worded that better just to be safe i said one organic- franchise and one inorganic-merger but i'd say they will accept two inorganic say merger and takeover :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

I did organic and inorganic - wouldn't mergers/takeovers both fall under inorganic growth anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 aaron94

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    yea i think they should have worded that better just to be safe i said one organic- franchise and one inorganic-merger but i'd say they will accept two organic say merger and takeover :)

Ok thanks, I just rushed it and didn't even mention either organic/inorganic, just talked about the 2, how they occur and so on..

• Advertisement

Ok thanks, I just rushed it and didn't even mention either organic/inorganic, just talked about the 2, how they occur and so on..

Hopefully they aren't really harsh but since they didn't specify i'd say you will get away with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Alan_007_

Legion. wrote: »
    Thought the paper was really easy. Finished with half an hour left, bang on ready for my A.

Go outside, and realised I did questions 1, 2, 3 and 7. Never been more annoyed at myself. Ever.

Ouch. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Short questions were a bitch, the rest of it was great imo. Too bad I ran out of time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rugrats

Did anyone know the proper definition for Data Protection as per the law? I checked and it wasn't in my book. I think it was fairly sly of them to look for the exact definition. I spent half a page trying to cover all bases, and I still probably didn't get the 5 marks for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lisheen2308

on the tax calculation question were they trying to catch people out with the BIK, i know you account it into the tax liability but think your suppose to leave it out then when calculating USC and PRSI. Can anyone verify, i didnt do this but realised after!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rugrats

on the tax calculation question were they trying to catch people out with the BIK, i know you account it into the tax liability but think your suppose to leave it out then when calculating USC and PRSI. Can anyone verify, i didnt do this but realised after!

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/benefit-in-kind/paye-prsi.html

No, for PRSI, at least, it's taxed with the BIK, so you're grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DavidDaly

I only just spotted this, but, I wasted so much time in ****ting myself and correcting it that I basically didn't finish a long question :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Brendan1234

For Q7 where it asks you to outline the research techniques that all weather wellies could use, were they looking for primary and secondary or was it stuff like telemarketing and questionaires ?

For question 2B what did you have to talk about for "regulating business activity" part of the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eoinoc2509

For Q7 where it asks you to outline the research techniques that all weather wellies could use, were they looking for primary and secondary or was it stuff like telemarketing and questionaires ?

I said desk and field research and gave examples

DavidDaly wrote: »
    For question 2B what did you have to talk about for "regulating business activity" part of the question?

In my book they see regulation as control using laws so i mentioned about 2-3 laws like sales of goods act, how a business shouldn't sell goods not of merchantable quality etc.. bit tricky that question :/

I think they wanted field and desk research and explained examples of each so like survey, observation, internet, i think you would have had to relate it to the wellies too

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Brendan1234

eoinoc2509 wrote: »
    I said desk and field research and gave examples

Yeah I did the same, just the wording of it got me a bit worried. Why can't they just ask questions in a straight forward, non ambiguous way?

I said something about enforcing or assisting in enforcement of the Eu compertion laws as a guess and supporting indigenous firms by enterprise Ireland :O :(

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

Legislation for how businesses act towards employees and consumers.

Direction Regulation over specific industries such as banking.

• Advertisement

Damn, glancing back over the paper Question 7 was a doddle.:/ I wish I had done it

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eoinoc2509

Damn, glancing back over the paper Question 7 was a doddle.:/ I wish I had done it

Yeah a lot of people dont do it because they dont like the unit but the question on it arent that hard

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

what long questions everyone do? :) i did 2,3,5 and 7

what long questions everyone do? :) i did 2,3,5 and 7

2,3 ,4 and 6 :P i regretted doing the balance of payments one afterwards but it was too late to start a new question i was already running out of time.Did you have enough time?

2,3 ,4 and 6 :P i regretted doing the balance of payments one afterwards but it was too late to start a new question i was already running out of time.Did you have enough time?

yeah i finished at 10 past 12 i dont know how :pac:i flew through the short q's and abq!

yeah i finished at 10 past 12 i dont know how :pac:i flew through the short q's and abq!

ohh sounds good :) Some people were leaving my exam hall crazy early i was shocked haha

ohh sounds good :) Some people were leaving my exam hall crazy early i was shocked haha

same but it was the usual dossers so i wasnt too concerned, i prob should have tried to fir it another question but my hand was so sore i wrote more in that than either english paper or geography!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

In my book they see regulation as control using laws so i mentioned about 2-3 laws like sales of goods act, how a business shouldn't sell goods not of merchantable quality etc.. bit tricky that question :/

Damn I totally forgot about the sales of good act :o
    I said Data protection Act and EPA who regulate the business effects on the environment and its emissions.
    would they still be okay?

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    Damn I totally forgot about the sales of good act :o
    I said Data protection Act and EPA who regulate the business effects on the environment and its emissions.
    would they still be okay?

That sounds fine to me!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

The usual dosser in my hall left at 10.15 :rolleyes: although they did ordinary! :P

Advertisement