Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Business 2013 Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 LCchancer

long q's were tough enough, bits of them! very weirdly worded questions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Lads I just found out knights' Domain isn't a real game at all >.< I was looking forward to playing another game like clash of clans.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

As an Economics student that was a dream paper...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

sganyfx wrote: »
    As an Economics student that was a dream paper...
    I do economics but didn't like it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

What were the reasons for market segmentation in Q7 b? And the benefits to Ireland of membership of the EU in Q2 (C)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

What were the reasons for market segmentation in Q7 b? And the benefits to Ireland of membership of the EU in Q2 (C)

Pricing Policies
    Targeting Segments
    Risk is spread out among different segments (Not reliant on one group)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

Alan_007_ wrote: »
    Ouch. :eek:

I actually feel sick for ya :-(
    I can only imagine how you felt when you got out. But hope you get on ok, as I'm sure you'll still get a B though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

rugrats wrote: »
    Did anyone know the proper definition for Data Protection as per the law? I checked and it wasn't in my book. I think it was fairly sly of them to look for the exact definition. I spent half a page trying to cover all bases, and I still probably didn't get the 5 marks for it!

Totally agree with you. I teach Business and I hate it for that very reason -- the course is long enough and then they throw in random, pointless questions like that. they need to cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nl90

What the hell was that?
    English is not my first language but I took business because I like it and studied for it all the year aiming for an A

But I don't think I'll get even 60% !
    It's so frustrating and I feel I can't study for chemistry !

I couldn't start the ABQ! Did some mistakes in the short and couldn't finish any long question! Wrote 3 points for each Q

It feels terrible because I knew every answer for every damn Q

I was telling everyone business will get me into RCSI! Now Business will be the reason for failing :(

The paper was very bad, they could've worded the Qs better or gave us extra time!

Did any one felt like me there was no time to even think about answers!!!
    My hand didn't stop for a minute!!

My hopes were on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

Benefits and challenges from exporting to non eu countries for indigenous firms?

I said bigger market,
    New ideas/cultures
    More regulations/ tariffs
    They might have to adapt their product to meet needs of the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rugrats

Hi, do you know for the question where you have to find the net income? Did the layout have to be perfect, mine was a bit of a scrawl as I was pretty stuck for time. The figure I got was also a bit off the correct answer. Will I get any marks at all?

Thanks

I'm not sure TBH. I did the proper layout where you have the three columns for calculations, but I'm not sure that you have to. I think they look for certain headings though, like Net Taxable Income, Net Tax Payable, atc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Benefits and challenges from exporting to non eu countries for indigenous firms?

I said bigger market,
    New ideas/cultures

I said bigger market, "green" image, payment problems, distribution problems

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rugrats

I said bigger market,
    New ideas/cultures

Yeah, my points were similar to them. Lovely question. So many possibilities!
    economies of scale, language, cultures, distribution, anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Anyone for the trick question? It was Q1 (C) and it asked to explain the following terms in relation to a valid contract:

Agreement, Legality of Form, and Consideration

Nearly, so nearly wrote about acceptance..

Anyone for the trick question? It was Q1 (C) and it asked to explain the following terms in relation to a valid contract:

Agreement, Legality of Form, and Consideration

Nearly, so nearly wrote about acceptance..

I wrote about acceptance, what was the difference? damn

See that's what I was thinking too. Agreement is one of the four ways a contract is ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

I did the same, I think it's offer and acceptance. I'd say if you put in any element of offer you would get points
    I can't even remember if I wrote down agreement or acceptance now as the heading cause I just saw the A and presumed it was acceptance >.<

Ah you are right, jesus I am an idiot... how many marks will I lose?

Ah you are right, jesus I am an idiot... how many marks will I lose?

Just five I'd say :) it was 20 mark question with three titles, so I defined what a contract is and gave all eight elements. so then 5+5+5+5. or else it'd be 7+7+6 it's always hard to tell with business :P

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    I did the same, I think it's offer and acceptance. I'd say if you put in any element of offer you would get points
    I can't even remember if I wrote down agreement or acceptance now as the heading cause I just saw the A and presumed it was acceptance >.<

They worded the question really badly :pac: The fact that it says valid contract and the fact that there are two elements alongside it makes you automatically assume it's acceptance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Fresco_007

Was delighted overall with this paper - hopefully push a B2 (mocks) up to an A, I'm hopeful! Did get a bit caught up on the BOT question and made a mistake in the tax calcualtion, I got her weekly instead of monthly take home pay, stupid mistake but I'm sure i wont lose to many marks. I do economics and these two subjects would be my best so I'm hoping economics will be as nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Manunited12

If I wrote for two methods of business expansion : 1 - diversification and 2- exporting Do yous. Think i would get many marks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LionelNotMessy

If I wrote for two methods of business expansion : 1 - diversification and 2- exporting Do yous. Think i would get many marks ?

Don't think you will get much , although i'm not too sure. What they were looking for was : Franchising , Merger , takeover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

I emailed the SEC about the balance of trade/payments question giving figures for Q2 but asking for the whole year, and got a reply saying 'Thank you for your email.  I will bring it to the attention of the Chief Examiner for review.' just so ye lot know

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

for expansion i wrote about organic and inorganic and gave examples of each will i still get marks

• Registered Users Posts: 44 KildareKing

Economic growth
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Economic growth is the increase in the amount of the goods and services produced by an economy over time."

I'm sorry, but you are in fact wrong.

in the question it says value not amount, plus it would have been inflation if the said percentage increase in value, but the didnt so the CPI one was inflation.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 KildareKing

MissD93 wrote: »
    for expansion i wrote about organic and inorganic and gave examples of each will i still get marks

It asked for methods of expansion not Types, but if you explained the examples well enough their is no reason why they shouldnt give you full marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maidhfinden

What a crazy paper, answerable yeah, but talk about strapped for time! Never stopped writing.. I used every single page in the answer book! And thank god for that ABQ, it was an absolute godsend. Every line had a link, and even if you didn't know the stages of product development you would've been able to guess from the text. Just a BEAUT of an ABQ. Ah well, now ABQ can go back to being 3 random letters!

What a crazy paper, answerable yeah, but talk about strapped for time! Never stopped writing.. I used every single page in the answer book! And thank god for that ABQ, it was an absolute godsend. Every line had a link, and even if you didn't know the stages of product development you would've been able to guess from the text. Just a BEAUT of an ABQ. Ah well, now ABQ can go back to being 3 random letters!

the prototype dev. stage wasnt explicitally referenced in the text as far as I remember, almost forgot it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maidhfinden

the prototype dev. stage wasnt explicitally referenced in the text as far as I remember, almost forgot it!

It kinda was but yeah it wasn't screaming out at you! It was something like "added more 3D graphics". Good thing we knew them then haha!

Advertisement