Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Business 2013 Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LionelNotMessy

I was writing furiously from the very start to the very end and didn't get it done. There really should be an extra half hour allocated . It's like they are not encouraging us to write detailed answers . If you got that done , i commend you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

trick question? I thought it was fairly straightforward, I just subtracted the deficit from the Balance of Trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

well that was grand!! dont want to count my chickens but ive a good chance of an A:eek: wrote more than both english papers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

trick question? I thought it was fairly straightforward, I just subtracted the deficit from the Balance of Trade.

wouldnt you multiply by 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭chickcharnley

but two minuses make a plus plus the whole quater thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭waiting4

can anyone remember might have been a trick question!

Each long question contained a paragraph at the start sort of like a mini abq nd you had to remember to refer to it in your answer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

waiting4 wrote: »
    Repeating got an a1last year am afraid I didnt get it this year... Wrote a whole booklet nd didnt get it finished :(... Anyone get trends for tertiary industry??
    I wrote something like this, I read in less stress that software services were in tertiary so i based my answer mostly around that.

Yeah, Unemployment due to high pay in IT Software services thus factories moving where pay is cheaper .ie poland and dell.
    Unemployment as there were spin offs in the tertiary sector that relied on the primary and secondary that closed due to the economic climate
    Ireland is lead exporter of software in the IT Services industry.
    The gathering has prompted increased tourism in this sector etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Feck yeah I just recall it being divided by quarter. It was my last question and I was fairly short on time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Anyone for the trick question? It was Q1 (C) and it asked to explain the following terms in relation to a valid contract:

Agreement, Legality of Form, and Consideration

Nearly, so nearly wrote about acceptance..

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Straight Talking Online Frank

mossy95 wrote: »
    A question on the data protection will defintley come up I urge you all to learn it learn everything about data commission learn it, LEARN data protection act 1988 and come back to me Tommorow about how happy you are you got that question, o and it will be in the 1st long question

Show yourself magical boards user and explain your wizadry!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Why didn't I do Q3!!! looking at it now and it's a lovely question :O

you scared me here.. it isnt minus though is it? Because you would add balance of trande and balance of invisible trade surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

waiting4 wrote: »
    Repeating got an a1last year am afraid I didnt get it this year... Wrote a whole booklet nd didnt get it finished :(... Anyone get trends for tertiary industry??

For the trends I made up stuff from my own knowledge and not the book.
    I said loss of jobs in recent years, lowered tax rates to increase business e.g in hotels, less people buying services, and I forget the other trend I said. Hope they're right! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

No, you would just take away the invisible trade (because it was a deficit) from the visible trade. There was no two minuses. I didn't see the quarter thing, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

Am i the only one who liked the short questions then??

Can someone e say for definite how you were supposed to do the tax question?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭chickcharnley

No, you would just take away the invisible trade from the visible trade. There was no two minuses. I didn't see the quarter thing, unfortunately.

well that a relief i did the same as you, i didnt see the whole quarter thing either i got a surplus figure for the first question and a deficit figure for the second part? you the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

The balance of trade was a bitch. Just took invisible trade from visible trade cos I had no other ideas!

For the true/false short Q what did people get!;

Hire purchase?
    Sole trader?
    Low gearing?

I can't remember the other 2 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

Look its this.. Balance of trade was 10,004 and invisible trade was (6000) estimate. So its 10,004 - 6000. They had a deficit thats why its a minus. This ISN'T maths!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭johneugene

In q8 I didn't use C "is measured by the live register" was that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LCstudent17

Look its this.. Balance of trade was 10,004 and invisible trade was (6000) estimate. So its 10,004 - 6000. They had a deficit thats why its a minus. This ISN'T maths!

How could someone mess that one up :eek:

• Advertisement

I don't have my book anymore. Is current ratio current assets - closing stock : current liability? Because i thought that is not the acid ratio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

well that a relief i did the same as you, i didnt see the whole quarter thing either i got a surplus figure for the first question and a deficit figure for the second part? you the same?

I honestly can't remember, but I think they were both surplus. But I'm not sure and I could be wrong. Do we lose all marks though, because of the quarter thing?

I said taxation was measured by the live register.. because it was either that or another option that was definitely wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lenny1995

How did you deal with the holiday thing? add it to gross pay?

**** never added it on

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

johneugene wrote: »
    In q8 I didn't use C "is measured by the live register" was that correct?

i was struck between that and i think whatever B was and in the end i matched it with B

I said taxation was measured by the live register.. because it was either that or another option that was definitely wrong

I didnt put live register in for any

taxation was the progressive or regressive on I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therambler

Live register is more to do with unemployment? Surely not an error in a state exam :O

Edit: I said live register too for the record

taxation was the progressive or regressive on I hope

That's economic growth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭johneugene

i was struck between that and i think whatever B was and in the end i matched it with B

Literally same!

Advertisement