Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Business 2013 Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

taxation was the progressive or regressive on I hope

Yeah you're you're right. That short Q was very economics orientated. Economics growth is measured by CPI. I didn't use the live register option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

Well taxation can be progressive or regressive, I know that from Economics. I'm thinking it's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

Interest rate: cost of borrowing, inflation: rise in price from 1 year.. economic growth: either live register or progressive and regressive, taxation : either progressive or regressive or live register. I'm confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 The moose

Anyone for the trick question? It was Q1 (C) and it asked to explain the following terms in relation to a valid contract:

Agreement, Legality of Form, and Consideration

Nearly, so nearly wrote about acceptance..

What's the difference ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

I can confirm taxation is progressive and regressive

• Advertisement

and economic growth is not CPI, CPI was inflation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Bit unfair that they put an Economics question with terms I've never heard in five years studying business on the paper, surely?

Lc201395 wrote: »

Then what's a rise in the prices of goods from one year to the next? :rolleyes:

Lc201395 wrote: »

so what was economic growth? And what was inflation? You could have said two options for inflation imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

economic growth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aarondoc

so what was economic growth? And what was inflation? You could have said two options for inflation imo

Economic growth was the rise in value of the production of goods and services from one year to the next

aarondoc wrote: »
    Economic growth was the rise in value of the production of goods and services from one year to the next

That's inflation? OMG

INFLATION IS THE ONE MEASURED USING CPI jeez

Rise in VALUE meaning it is economic growth

Haha I messed that question up. Atleast they mark best 8 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

It's only one question! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aarondoc

That's inflation? OMG

Nah inflation is the rise in prices not the rise in the production of good and services.. Economic growth is measured in GNP or GDP and inflation is measured in CPI

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭chickcharnley

you scared me here.. it isnt minus though is it? Because you would add balance of trande and balance of invisible trade surely?
    for the seond part i got a deficit figure i.e minus but forgot to multiply by 4

mine were both surpluses I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I forgot to go back and do the q! :( fml! I skipped and said if go back :(

• Advertisement

I forgot to go back and do the q! :( fml! I skipped and said if go back :(

It's only one question! :)

For the ratio short Q I got like 2.28:1 so my explanation of the figure in part (ii) would have been the opposite to the right answer. Do they usually give marks if your explanation matches the figure you get even if the actual figure is wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭chickcharnley

i got 4210.10 as take home pay per month

Guys in the ABQ it said social responsibilities to its stakeholders. In the text it mentioned suppliers and customers but it also mentioned community and environment.. but the community and envirnment aren't stakeholders.. so like for a 20 mark question did they give enough info?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eoinoc2509

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    For the ratio short Q I got like 2.28:1 so my explanation of the figure in part (ii) would have been the opposite to the right answer. Do they usually give marks if your explanation matches the figure you get even if the actual figure is wrong?

I got that as well are you sure its wrong?

Guys in the ABQ it said social responsibilities to its stakeholders. In the text it mentioned suppliers and customers but it also mentioned community and environment.. but the community and envirnment aren't stakeholders.. so like for a 20 mark question did they give enough info?

they mentioned investors and employees too... and environment is a stakeholder

The community and environment are stakeholders afaik. More metaphorically than anything else

eoinoc2509 wrote: »
    I got that as well are you sure its wrong?

A lot on here were saying 0.5:1 so I'm presuming they're right.... Hopefully not! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Found this on businessdictionary.com

Stakeholder

A person, group or organization that has interest or concern in an organization.
    Stakeholders can affect or be affected by the organization's actions, objectives and policies. Some examples of key stakeholders are creditors, directors, employees, government (and its agencies), owners (shareholders), suppliers, unions, and the community from which the business draws its resources.
    Not all stakeholders are equal. A company's customers are entitled to fair trading practices but they are not entitled to the same consideration as the company's employees.
    An example of a negative impact on stakeholders is when a company needs to cut costs and plans a round of layoffs. This negatively affects the community of workers in the area and therefore the local economy. Someone owning shares in an business such as Microsoft is positively affected, for example, when the company releases a new device and sees their profit and therefore stock price rise.

Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/stakeholder.html#ixzz2W6Si4egK

I just wrote briefly about employees, customers, shareholders and the environment and suppliers...

• Advertisement

they mentioned investors and employees too... and environment is a stakeholder

I still talked about the environment in my answer though :rolleyes:

Advertisement