Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Business 2013 Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

Balance of trade isn't from one year to the next, hence you wouldn't multiply by four. It's not GDP or GNP

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

Guys in the ABQ it said social responsibilities to its stakeholders. In the text it mentioned suppliers and customers but it also mentioned community and environment.. but the community and envirnment aren't stakeholders.. so like for a 20 mark question did they give enough info?

They are are a stakeholder is ANY party who is affected by the business including the local community. They had suppliers, investors, employees, and consumers, even if you excluded the community and environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

KJY wrote: »
    Balance of trade isn't from one year to the next, hence you wouldn't multiply by four. It's not GDP or GNP

of course it is for one year. they dont just stop exporting and importing after one quarter?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

sganyfx wrote: »
    They are are a stakeholder is ANY party who is affected by the business including the local community. They had suppliers, investors, employees, and consumers, even if you excluded the community and environment.

I don't remember anything about investors. Except that they invested in a customer service centre or something like that.

I don't remember anything about investors. Except that they invested in a customer service centre or something like that.

a european venture capital firm invested or something like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Thank god the quotes in the abq were easy to find

of course it is for one year. they dont just stop exporting and importing after one quarter?

But the measurement isn't for one year specifically. And the figures will be different every quarter so you multiplying by four won't accomplish anything. That's my guess anyway

Can you view the Q somehow yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    For the ratio short Q I got like 2.28:1 so my explanation of the figure in part (ii) would have been the opposite to the right answer. Do they usually give marks if your explanation matches the figure you get even if the actual figure is wrong?

i forgot to look over those yokes and i got something mad like 7.5:1 :L

But the measurement isn't for one year specifically. And the figures will be different every quarter so you multiplying by four won't accomplish anything. That's my guess anyway

Yeah because if you multiply by 4 its implies the balance of trade is the same figure of each one quarter. But imports and exports will differ every quarter year. Its not gonna stay the same

Can you view the Q somehow yet?

But to multiply by 4 would give an approximation, leaving it as the value for one quarter could surely not be sufficient when the question asked you to calculate it for one year.. i cant think of any other way of doing it really?

• Advertisement

if it were a percentage yes that would be somewhat representative of the entire year but the balance of payments for one quarter will be roughly 4 times smaller than that of entire year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Even though I'm a JC Student, I'm going to do HL Business for the LC, gonna have a look at the paper :p

Even though I'm a JC Student, I'm going to do HL Business for the LC, gonna have a look at the paper :p

I wouldnt if I were you... boring course, terrible time pressure, possibly most ridiculous question in the ABQ etc. personally, I would have done something more factual and less time pressure than business

I wouldnt if I were you... boring course, terrible time pressure, possibly most ridiculous question in the ABQ etc. personally, I would have done something more factual and less time pressure than business

The ABQ will very easy for you. It would be based on units 1, 2 and 3 which are soo easy. But its a boring subject :P

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Have to disagree with ya there. Business is probably one of my favourite subjects. It helps that I'm more of a business and economics minded person then maths or biology which I'm sh*te at. Each to their own I suppose.

The Abq is easy marks most of the time once you can pick out the quotes.

Time wise, it's tough but I still had 20 mins spare. I just stick to a very strict time limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I liked business at the beginning but after awhile I realised that the course is just a load of ****e that has very little (if any) use in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

I liked business at the beginning but after awhile I realised that the course is just a load of ****e that has very little (if any) use in real life.

Sounds like the majority of the LC (except european languages)

exactly how I felt. Saw a movie on Abraham Maslow the philosopher and was intrigued, then the business course took his theories of motivation and simplified it to the point it was pathetically simple. I think that sums up the effect business had on us all. Takes a seemingly good healthy thing like enterprise and completely destroys it. Just glad I never have to think of the similarities of households and businesses or another characteristic of being envrironmentally responsible ever again. There is only so many ways you can say a characteristic of being eco-friendly is to be sensitive to the environment.

Wheew glad that subject has left my life forever

But to multiply by 4 would give an approximation, leaving it as the value for one quarter could surely not be sufficient when the question asked you to calculate it for one year.. i cant think of any other way of doing it really?

I'm trying to remember, did it definitely ask for one year? If so then yes you would multiply. Only worth about 3-5 marks anyway

I'm trying to remember, did it definitely ask for one year? If so then yes you would multiply. Only worth about 3-5 marks anyway

did you have to multiply that by 4? i just left it as a quarter

• Advertisement

Does anyone have the paper with them?

Does anyone have the paper with them?

you had to hand it up, so i id say unlikely :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Owanea

I've a copy because there was a few spare when we left and we were left take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rugrats

Lovely paper, I thought....I wish I studied the data protection commission though. They were crafty enough looking for the exact definition.Did anyone get question 5 on the short questions?

rugrats wrote: »
    Lovely paper, I thought....I wish I studied the data protection commission though. They were crafty enough looking for the exact definition.Did anyone get question 5 on the short questions?

which q was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 onlineavatar

exactly how I felt. Saw a movie on Abraham Maslow the philosopher and was intrigued, then the business course took his theories of motivation and simplified it to the point it was pathetically simple. I think that sums up the effect business had on us all. Takes a seemingly good healthy thing like enterprise and completely destroys it. Just glad I never have to think of the similarities of households and businesses or another characteristic of being envrironmentally responsible ever again. There is only so many ways you can say a characteristic of being eco-friendly is to be sensitive to the environment.

Wheew glad that subject has left my life forever

Amen to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rugrats

which q was that?

The impact on management after setting up a new website

rugrats wrote: »
    The impact on management after setting up a new website

i wrote something off the cuff i cant remember exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 12 onlineavatar

Exchange Rate- The price of one currency expressed in terms of another currency.
    Interest Rate- The cost of borrowing money
    Taxation- Can be progressive or regressive
    Economic Growth- The increase in the value of goods and services...
    Inflation- Is measured by the CPI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 LCstudent17

Found this on businessdictionary.com

Stakeholder

A person, group or organization that has interest or concern in an organization.
    Stakeholders can affect or be affected by the organization's actions, objectives and policies. Some examples of key stakeholders are creditors, directors, employees, government (and its agencies), owners (shareholders), suppliers, unions, and the community from which the business draws its resources.
    Not all stakeholders are equal. A company's customers are entitled to fair trading practices but they are not entitled to the same consideration as the company's employees.
    An example of a negative impact on stakeholders is when a company needs to cut costs and plans a round of layoffs. This negatively affects the community of workers in the area and therefore the local economy. Someone owning shares in an business such as Microsoft is positively affected, for example, when the company releases a new device and sees their profit and therefore stock price rise.

Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/stakeholder.html#ixzz2W6Si4egK

I just wrote briefly about employees, customers, shareholders and the environment and suppliers...

I wrote about environment but I linked it with the interest groups

Advertisement