Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL French Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Very happy with the exam! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

:D c'etait facile :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    How did everyone find the exam? I thought it was so handy! Even the written section was easy. Definitely a B1-B3 result in that exam!

When you posted this shouldn't you have been in the aural exam? :confused: just out of curiosity!

I thought it was okay, was hoping for an A but doubt I got it,
    . Probably a B of some sort! Anyone find parts of the listening difficult? :)

I'm hoping for a B. Wasn't too fond of the first comprehension. Listening was nice with a few hiccups.

HPMS wrote: »
    When you posted this shouldn't you have been in the aural exam? :confused: just out of curiosity!

I thought the first and last sections of listening were very easy, the others were a good bit harder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

007driver wrote: »
    I thought the first and last sections of listening were very easy, the others were a good bit harder

I thought the last two sections were the hardest!

Jade. wrote: »
    I thought the last two sections were the hardest!

for the last section , now maybe I was wrong but I got

china
    construction of an airport
    yesterday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

for the last section , now maybe I was wrong but I got

china
    construction of an airport
    yesterday evening

Same, except I put "the construction of an airport close to the town."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

HPMS wrote: »

I have a reasonable accommodation for aural exams. Due to my hearing I can't hear what's being said on the tape so I requested a speaker to read the script instead of listening to the tape. This was done in late May so my attendance at the aural exam wasn't required and the inviligator said I can go home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'm happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Thought the listening was a toughy now myself... sections 2 and 3 especially, written paper was OK though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

It was okay, the written paper was very doable, what did people choose for the multiple choice question in the first comp?

The listening definitely had some tough bits!

It was okay, the written paper was very doable, what did people choose for the multiple choice question in the first comp?

The listening definitely had some tough bits!

think i went with

b for the fisrt

d for the second

i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Lollipops13

I picked c for the first and d for the second.

did people get machinalement and rapport for synonym of "sans reflechir" and mot auquel?

yes I did!

did people get machinalement and rapport for synonym of "sans reflechir" and mot auquel?

I did based on process of elimination! What letters did u get?

i wrote that, it was a guess though, did you need two ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Did they set the papers in French really late? Like horsemeat scandal was in jan this year right and the whole gathering was only publicised in January too?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dude Love 1

I was happy with the paper, the listening was a bit iffy but the essay titles were grand. The Journal Intime title was easy to work around! I noticed in the listening, think it was section 3, you had to say what the girls dad was doing. It said he was 'a la chasse avec son beau frere'. I said he went hunting with his step brother but I looked it up and beau frere means brother in law! Sound examination commission for adding that in...

• Advertisement

so who wrote aux États-Unis en Allemagne et L'Hexagone in the comprehension. I coped it just before writing an answer

i wrote that, it was a guess though, did you need two ?

two different questions man...
    what was aller á la chasse in the listening?

and for the first comprehension, how did we know the attention of the two youths was "desageable"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    Did they set the papers in French really late? Like horsemeat scandal was in jan this year right and the whole gathering was only publicised in January too?

Seems to be happening in a lot of the exam, the English Paper 1 referred to the Newtown shooting which was in December!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I have a reasonable accommodation for aural exams. Due to my hearing I can't hear what's being said on the tape so I requested a speaker to read the script instead of listening to the tape. This was done in late May so my attendance at the aural exam wasn't required and the inviligator said I can go home.

Oh right! Sorry, I didn't mean to pry! :) I just thought you may have forgotten to stay for it or something! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I don't think I've ever sat such a nice French exam, I'm actually delighted with how it went.

6 years of torture, well not torture exactly, it did have its moments I suppose, and I never have to speak/read/write the dreaded language again.

The same script...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

C'etait relativement facile! Got an A2 in the pres so hoping I got an A1. The listening was alright, couldn't get the last part of Section1, a second reason as to why Guy thought being a farmer was tough and a second thing the cat did. Anyone have any ideas?

C'etait relativement facile! Got an A2 in the pres so hoping I got an A1. The listening was alright, couldn't get the last part of Section1, a second reason as to why Guy thought being a farmer was tough and a second thing the cat did. Anyone have any ideas?

for the farmer i said something about obliged to work in the field

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Tommyrawr wrote: »

Well it could have just been a last minute change. Like they may have been stuck for a final question or they may have decided that was more suitable. Who knows! I doubt too many people chose that one, kind of a weird stimulus it was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Section 1 : she didn't want to leave her friends for 9 months/thought she would be bored
    Section 2: the sheep wouldn't eat anything/ snow
    Section 3: ruined the curtains in the sitting room/broke a vase full of flowers

Advertisement