Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop to Ordinary Level Irish?

• 08-06-2013 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hey guys, I'm considering dropping to pass Irish. My level of spoken Irish is quite high, but I can't rote learn the massive pieces of writing for the Irish essays at higher, or the summaries and the like for the stories and poetry.

I think I would be looking at about 40-50 percent if I sit the exam at higher level, but I'm wondering if with a bit of last minute work I could get an A at pass Irish.

What are your guy's opinions? I can write most average level sentences well, would that be enough to get me through the written pieces, story and poem stuff?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

The OL paper is piss easy. Have a look in the P1 thread for some more views on the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Have a look at the papers and marking schemes aswell,,if your anyway decent at irish with a bit of study you should get a good grade at OL especially if your oral was good

Advertisement