Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBLA recommendations?

• 08-06-2013 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I'm struggling to find anything that I want to play for the moment. I spent about 2 hours installing GT5 last night but I really don't have the urge to dive into that. Then I realised that I didn't have access to XBLA for about five years. I thought there might be some good games on that service.

I'm in the mood for a platformer or third-person shooter. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

State of Decay and Fez. Third person and platformer right there. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, if you love Saturday morning cartoons from the late '80s and early '90s.

Most of what is on XBLA is on PSN too so the first two games listed are XBLA exclusives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Trials HD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

arkham city imposters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

+1 for Fez and Trials HD.

and Pool Nation :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Beyond Good and Evil HD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I actually have Trials Evolution. I found it very enjoyable for a while but I once the difficulty ramped up I found it too frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Shadow Complex if youve not played it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Mark of the Ninja is an excellent stealth game/platformer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Oh yeah, I've heard that Shadow Complex is very good. I might give that a look. As for Mark of the Ninja I hate stealth in games so a whole game based on it won't be fun for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Limbo, great game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

+1 for shadow complex amazing game i think. And for me the first time i found out who nolan north is haha sorry stupid fact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

State of Decay. Amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

All the old Megadrive stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Spelunky is one of my favourites from the past year, must get back into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

+2 for Shadow Complex, probably the most enjoyable XBLA game I've played, a complete rip-off of Super Metroid but nothing wrong with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

Super Meat Boy is brilliant but like Trials the difficulty does increase exponentially by the end, Geometry Wars 2 is also superb

Advertisement