Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.17 Mach2 ammo

Options
  • 08-06-2013 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi guys and gals,

Looking for something short range ... but also a little different .... for bunnies mainly.

I'm considering the .17 Mach2 .... Yes I know it hard to beat the .22lr, but I've been there and have the T-shirt.

So has anyone any real world experience with one of these???

Also what ammo availability like??

Cheers,

Fish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Hi guys and gals,

Looking for something short range ... but also a little different .... for bunnies mainly.

I'm considering the .17 Mach2 .... Yes I know it hard to beat the .22lr, but I've been there and have the T-shirt.

So has anyone any real world experience with one of these???

Also what ammo availability like??

Cheers,

Fish

There's a reason its not heard of.. Chanced are you'll regret it and will be stuck with something with no re-sale value

You can't get subsonic ammo either so its going to be loud..

a .22 is hugely popular because of its cheap ammo and its sub sonic capabilities.
    A .17hmr is popular because of its flat trajectory and further range than a .22

the mach2 is not popular because its not got the cheap ammo, wide selection of the .22, not got the subsonic capabilities of the .22 and its got less range of the hmr and makes a bang.

If you want something other than a .22 you're better off with the hmr over the mach2

Ive also never seen ammo in it for a .22

Hornady were even using the different colour tips from it in their hmr ammo to use them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Thanks Garb,

But as I said I've done the "popular" ... 22lr/ magnums/ hornets ... Have the T-shirt and now fancy something different....
    That why I'm wondering what's it like in the field and who stocks ammo ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Dave Mulvihill has ammo for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭vapour_trail

Before I got the HMR I was looking at a mach 2 but for a very strange reason the dealer that was selling the gun didnt actually stock ammo for it, but he said he could get it in for me :rolleyes: So I went with the HMR and will never get rid of it. If you dont want anything that shoots as far as a HMR and dont want a .22lr then you could always go for a good air rifle. Cant go wrong with the HMR though seriously ;)

Advertisement