Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPU not detected in device manager.

Options
  • 08-06-2013 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm running Windows 7 64bit with an ASRock p67 Pro3 mobo, and it isn't recognising my HD 6950. The computer is basically only using onboard graphics and I have no idea how to change them because only the onboard graphics are showing up in the device manager. I'd really appreciate any help you can give me.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Is it a new card or an existing one that has been working up to now? Also does it work at all with the monitor plugged into the discreet GPU?

If its new and you haven't installed drivers yet it just might be under the "Other Devices" tab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

Well I'm starting from fresh HDD so none of the drivers were on it before.
    Okay, it was in other devices, I got it to automatically search for drivers, and now it isn't in other devices anymore, or anywhere else for that matter. Any ideas?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Not sure where its gone now, but it should be working OK if it was appearing in other devices, I'd just go ahead and grab the latest drivers from AMD.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

I have all the drivers, but when I try and open catalyst suite it says there are no settings that can configured and refuses to open.

Hmm .. Can you see the bios screen with the monitor connected to the GPU?

• Advertisement

After a bit of fiddling I realised I messed up and just went for a clean re-install of catalyst. It's working now. Thanks for the help :)

Advertisement