Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doble Virginias (sweets)

Options
  • 08-06-2013 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭

Ahoy,

Just wondering if anyone knows anywhere in Ireland (preferably east coast) or online that delivers to Ireland -- that stocks these sweets :

virginias_doble.jpg

Someone brought them back from Spain/Portugal/wherever they were on holiday and my mother loved them.

I've tried the oul 'Google' and there is a site (where I got the image above) but they don't seem to state where they ship to / how much. I've sent them a message so waiting to hear back.

It might just be one of those local type sweets that you can only get in that country.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Are they kind of soft fruit sweets, like a softer starburst? If so, you can get a similar type of thing in Lidl.

I ate sweets like that in Spain and they were AMAZING, never knew what the name was though so I don't know if it's the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Sorry I should have said - they're a hard sweet, you get two sweets per wrapper ('doble' I assume refers to that?)

So similar to a boiled sweet I guess - along the lines of a fox's glacier fruit crossed with werther's original -- texture wise, not taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I totally read this thread title wrong. I read Double and.. well it wasn't Virginias anyway.

Advertisement