Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service Pack 1?

Options
  • 08-06-2013 7:10pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place. I am trying to launch a game on my laptop, and it's throwing me up a message saying I need to install Service Pack 1 on my laptop.

I'm really weary about just downloading stuff like that so wanted to ask if that would have any long term effects on my computer, but also where's best to get it from? (I'm sure there's a lot of "bad" copies of it on "bad" sites and don't want to download malware by mistake :( )

EDIT: Actually, going to have to change my question; my laptop, when I check my computer properties, says SP1 is already installed. Why would my computer then be throwing a strop when I try and launch the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

what's your OS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭superb choice of username

if your copy of windows is genuine, you should be keeping up to date with service packs and all other updates. If you use the official windows update tool, you are highly unlikely to be getting any malware.

However, after your edit, it may not be the OS that requires the service pack if your laptop already has it...more likely the game? If so, what game is it?

Advertisement